IGNORED

Sweet remake of STAR WARS arcade game

Flojomojo

Oooooooh, very nicely done. I had hoped to cobble together something like this over a summer when I was off from college classes (a bit of a project for learning a bit more OpenGL and stuff like that), but now that it's done I can just enjoy it and start another project for my learning experience.

Very, very nice, though on this. I approve! :D

Oooooooh, very nicely done. I had hoped to cobble together something like this over a summer when I was off from college classes (a bit of a project for learning a bit more OpenGL and stuff like that), but now that it's done I can just enjoy it and start another project for my learning experience.

So you'll be porting Empire Strikes Back? :P

I just realized the conter in the cockpit when you're flying down the trench actually works. And it changes when you get close to the exhaust port. Awesome...

I think the graphic for the cockpit interior was stolen from X-Wing, but the displays are (thankfully) completely new.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a pretty new updated version of this game on XBLA, alongside Ms. Pac-Man, Defender, and Scramble?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I`m the author of the above game (Star Wars) and Ive just seen this thread. Im glad you all liked it so much, and if I get chance in the future I hope to get round to altering the difficulty level and including a mouse sensitivity feature.

I had planned on doing all 3 games (Jedi would have been a 3D remake in the style of the first 2, not the isometric one - more of a fan game / what if game) but I hit a stumbling block when it came to creating animated AT-ATs and AT-STs ;(

While creating this I must have played it a trillion times and find I could go thru from level 1 to 7 with ease, so I thought the level of difficulty was about right (I could only manage level 5 in the aracde game)

But anyway, I am so glad you liked it. Thankyou all for playing it.

Minion

P.S. Re : The nixi-trench counter. I thought this was a neat addition until I realised after I had submited it for the competion that Luke actually switches his off, so there is no need for it !

• 13 years later...

Just re-found this game and tried to play it. My Windows 10 i7 with Nvidia card doesn't seem to like it. It is VERY choppy. I know it's a long shot as this is semi obscure. It's been years since I've tried to play it. I remember it being a little slow. But not like this. 

Any hints?