IGNORED

atari2600.com Website

Heavy6r

i've bought from the place a handfull of times and have always been very satisfied. Some things are a bit overpriced and than sometimes u find seem real bargains! ;-) I actually have another order from them on its way! Fast shipping also!

I agree they are a bit overpriced on some things. Have you bought any cartridges from them? What kind of shape were the labels in? They don't seem to post any photos of them or give a description on most of them.

Edited by Heavy6r

i've bought from the place a handfull of times and have always been very satisfied. Some things are a bit overpriced and than sometimes u find seem real bargains! ;-) I actually have another order from them on its way! Fast shipping also!

I agree they are a bit overpriced on some things. Have you bought any cartridges from them? What kind of shape were the labels in? They don't seem to post any photos of them or give a description on most of them.

They show pictures of the majority of their stock......you just click on the small image if its complete in box it shows a bigger pictures and describes the conditon of the games which is very acurate. I tend not to buy the stuff that doesn't have a picture shown because i figure those must not be in the best shape. Its mostly complete in box Atari games I buy. The loose games tend to be a little high unless its the real major rare ones and they usually go for ebay selling prices!

Has anyone dealt with this company? Are they reputable?

It's been around forever, I actually knew about them long before I joined here. He always has a ton of cool stuff and I've personally spent a few thousand there over the years. I think his prices are more than fair lately but he did used to be a little crazy a few years back. I would highly recommend them :)

Has anyone dealt with this company? Are they reputable?

It's been around forever, I actually knew about them long before I joined here. He always has a ton of cool stuff and I've personally spent a few thousand there over the years. I think his prices are more than fair lately but he did used to be a little crazy a few years back. I would highly recommend them :)

I bought a heavy sixer from them about a year ago (December 2005). If I remember correctly, I paid about $450 for it. I don't know if that was an exorbitant price (it was a little higher than I'd been expecting), but I really wanted a heavy sixer to replace my old light sixer that was stolen years ago. And it came with 50 games (all with boxes and manuals), two joysticks, four paddles (two pairs), and two different models of keypad controllers-- the ones that came with Star Raiders, and the ones that were used with Basic Programming. I've been extremely happy with my purchase!

Michael

The one thing I really like about Atari2600.com is that they have a better selection than anyone else by far. I personally have over 432 different NTSC Atari 2600 games and I am still able to get an order 10 different games that should be coming any day now. :) If you were to buy every different game that they had you would instantly have an awesome Atari 2600 collection. :D :cool:

Shopping on Atari2600.com is like shopping on Chicago's Magnificent Mile. Everything is more expensive, but the service and selection are incredible.

I've purchased items from Atari2600.com on several occasions, and each time the experience has been spectacular. The items are well packed and in exactly the condition they're described in. They seem to achieve this by making very conservative estimations about the condition (probably based on the Comic Book scales), which means that when they call something in "FINE" condition, it's what you'd find on eBay as "Mint in Box!".

Perhaps the best part, though, is that you can purchase a lot of rarities from the site now at a fair market value rather than haggling on eBay for a price that might actually end up higher.

• 3 months later...

Hey thanks everyone for the kind words complimenting Atari2600.com. I'm pleased that we've finally started to shake the old reputation of having high prices. In the past, prices at Atari2600.com were largely based on acquisition cost, not market transactions. It is infinitely more difficult to price all store inventory on market value but that's what we've attempted to do. You'll notice our graded items escalate in price with an increase in grade. Our Grade 7/10 FINE approximates the average auction price and condition. A 6/10 would sell for below average while 8/10 through 10/10 will be priced progressively above auction average. Non-graded items are based on average auction price when known, or dealer comps. For example, on very common titles you'll find our prices are comparable with other advertised dealer prices.

To satisfy my curiosity, I would appreciate if some of the previous responders could provide an example of an over-priced item currently offered for sale on Atari2600.com. Let me know what makes you shake your head. I am always concerned about our prices yet receive very little helpful feedback on this important subject.

We'll be attending CGE2K7 in Las Vegas with a double-sized booth. We have two new Atari 2600 games in development both of which will be ready for release at CGE2K7.

I don't know where the rumor of an ownership change at Atari2600.com began. It's not true. The former JerryG Visionaries Inc. became Atari2600.com in 1999 through an acquisition. Under both owners the firm has been in continuous operation for eleven years.

JC

Atari2600.com

Another thing about Joe and the site....they stand behind their products. If you save a dollar (literally, maybe two; we are not talking about a big difference here) on ebay and it does not work you are out the WHOLE thing. Joe will go out of his way (and has MANY times) to make the deal right. He continually offers big selection for a system that is long past its stocked state, keeps tabs on the market regularly with the fantastic newsletter and really makes an effort to be part of the community. Support him when you are ready to buy. Its great we have the resource in our hobby.

C

I've bought tons of stuff from Atari2600.com lately........I am so happy this store is an existence and I also urge all to buy worry free from them.....I haven't really seen much overprices stuff at all lately.....besides perhaps the complete in box Crazy Climber that i would love to have I think perhaps that could be a little lower. Oh and also the K-razy Shoot Out CIB for the 5200. And Atari2600.com never rips anyone off on shipping. The shipping prices are very easy to deal with! :)

Shawn

• 4 years later...