IGNORED

my Japanese tv game & gamesoft collection

y-bot

I took my Japanese games out of storage for a bit to play around with them and take some pics. Pretty much everything is from 1981-1986 besides some of the Disk System games. I haven't figured out where to draw the line on those. www.videogamecollectors.com doesn't seem to be working at the moment so I'll just post the pics here. Hope that's okay.

th_DSC01936.jpg square-button Famicom, Family BASIC keyboard, data recorder

th_DSC01937.jpg Twin Famicom, Famicom Disk System, card cleaner, Hudson holder thingy

th_DSC01938.jpg suitcase for carts, 3rd controller, what is this other thing?

th_DSC01939.jpg Super Mario Bros. 2 disk system carrying case, anyone seen this before?

th_DSC01940.jpg

th_DSC01941.jpg ovesized boxed games & pirate multicarts

th_DSC01942.jpg Nintendo brand carts

th_DSC01943.jpg third-party carts

th_DSC01944.jpg Disk System games

th_DSC01945.jpg

Edited by y-bot

They've been coming down on ebay recently so it's not too bad of a place to buy them right now. There are services that bid for you an Yahoo Japan auctions but I've never used them. I've got friends in Japan for that. I got most of my stuff in Tokyo. I've been lucky enough to got there twice in the last two years. This guy is super nice and has some really great prices:

http://www.japan-games.com/

I've got a bunch of Famicom stuff I'll be selling soon. Keep checking the Marketplace forum.

y-bot

Are you able to play those things successfully on US power and TVs? Thats an awesome collection, I'd love to have that epoch system.

Hey! Yep I can finally play them all. I had some stuff that didn't work and I thought there was a compatibility issue but the consoles were just broken. Everything works on Channel 95/96. Now I just need some sort of PAL tv and 220v convertors so I can play my Creativision and Interton games.

y-bot

y-bot, you're my idol. I've been looking for some of that stuff in boxes in good condition like that for years, and it comes up very infrequently and when it does it's ridiculously expensive. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the last boxed famicom I saw for 2500 yen.

Hey look! Just like everyone who visits Harajuku we took exactly the same picture. Here's a link to my Japan pics:

http://blog.myspace.com/y_bot

y-bot

post-5645-1169505166_thumb.jpg

post-5645-1169505322_thumb.jpg

How are those Pyuuta exclusive games like Mr. Do and others?

Honestly I've barely played it. I got it in May and I played it for 20 minutes or so just checking out what the games looked like and it's been in storage ever since. Someday I'll have time to play my games.

y-bot

That's an awesome collection! One thing I've noticed is that typically people who have those disk games have the type that would have been bought in a store (came in boxes) - mine came with around 50 yellow disks, all of which just have white lables on them with titles written in. What is typical?

That's an awesome collection! One thing I've noticed is that typically people who have those disk games have the type that would have been bought in a store (came in boxes) - mine came with around 50 yellow disks, all of which just have white lables on them with titles written in. What is typical?

There are a ton of bootleg disks. Some don't look legit at all and some look just like the Nintendo ones but they say "NJINTENDO" or something like that. Do your disks say "NINTENDO"?

y-bot

There are a ton of bootleg disks. Some don't look legit at all and some look just like the Nintendo ones but they say "NJINTENDO" or something like that. Do your disks say "NINTENDO"?

y-bot

Nope. If I remember right, the disks I have say "Super Dick" on them while the others don't have any printed words on them. They're all yellow disks.

Nope. If I remember right, the disks I have say "Super Dick" on them while the others don't have any printed words on them. They're all yellow disks.

Really, Super Dick? That's funny. Here is some info about pirate Disk System games:

http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/fds/disk.html

y-bot

Yes, in all seriousness, they say Super Dick. I'm guessing it's a classic Engrish mistake. :) Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't people download games onto disk from kiosks? I know at least a few games that I have on disk also have cartridge versions (like Goonies)

EDIT: I looked around a little bit more on the site (not on the specific page you linked to) and discovered that I was correct in what I had thought - they are more than likely the kiosk disks. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of the original disks, though! (like Super mario bros, etc)

Edited by atariman

I think the ones that came from the Nintendo Disk Writer are all Nintendo Disks. Some games Like Super Mario Bros. 2 & Volleyball only take up one side of the disk so they almost always have something recorded on the other side. I think when you brought your games in to be re-recorded they gave you new stickers and a manual. There were probably unnoficial disk writing machines and I know some Disk Systems can be made to write disks. I've got some original disks for sale in the Marketplace Forum.

y-bot