IGNORED

My new light sixer broken, thx the post !

oldric

That sux.

I tell ya....I've had the shittiest luck buying old hardware off the internet..i.e. ebay....it never works right.

Next time I need any new hardware....I'll try the marketplace on here.

There are no PAL light sixer in France that's why i tried with Ebay...

That sux.

I tell ya....I've had the shittiest luck buying old hardware off the internet..i.e. ebay....it never works right.

Hopefully they will refund your money without any problems.

That sux.

Hopefully they will refund your money without any problems.

Who ? PayPal ?

I finally opened the "dead body", everything inside seems to be ok, both the motherboard and the switch board.

The upper shell is really fine, only the lower one is broken.

I switched the console on with "Pole Position" and i got a signal on the channel 3 but very very weak. I couldn't set up my tuner on. It should be possible because i use a video recorder tuner and it's ok with my Darth Vader model.

Some strange things :

- While scanning on the channel 3, the sound changes as i move the video cable.

- The power connector seems to have been fixed (cf pics)

Does anybody have an idea of what i could check and how ?

dsc029513at.th.jpg

dsc029557nc.th.jpg

dsc029540rx.th.jpg

dsc029530nz.th.jpg

dsc029523zl.th.jpg

Edited by oldric

Try using a spray contact cleaner to remove the oxid inside the switches and all the connectors. Unplug also the tv cable from the board and spray the RF plug on the board and on the two ends of the cable. This simple operation reduced the video interferencies on most of my consoles.

If you suspect that the cable is damaged you can try to swap it with the one on your "vader" console.

The power socket has been removed and the cable soldered directly on the board. You'll need to desolder it if you want to change the bottom half of the shell (or if you want to try to fix it: if you have the broken palstic pieces you could try to glue, putty and repaint the case). Then you can solder it again or mount a new socket and plug.

Edited by alex_79

Try using a spray contact cleaner to remove the oxid inside the switches and all the connectors. Unplug also the tv cable from the board and spray the RF plug on the board and on the two ends of the cable. This simple operation reduced the video interferencies on most of my consoles.

If you suspect that the cable is damaged you can try to swap it with the one on your "vader" console.

The power socket has been removed and the cable soldered directly on the board. You'll need to desolder it if you want to change the bottom half of the shell (or if you want to try to fix it: if you have the broken palstic pieces you could try to glue, putty and repaint the case). Then you can solder it again or mount a new socket and plug.

Do you think i can find a new jack 3.5 mm socket there ?

http://www.conrad.fr/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...=socle+jack+3.5

963336pg0wj.th.jpg

It's the same as for audio jack ?

i got a signal on the channel 3 but very very weak. I couldn't set up my tuner on. It should be possible because i use a video recorder tuner and it's ok with my Darth Vader model.

Some strange things :

Replace the RF cable.

It looks like someone already replaced the power jack with a different style, using wiring to mount it off-board. Unless you know something is wrong with the replacement, don't bother trying to put a correct-style jack in the console until you get it working. If you can get it to work, I'm sure somebody here can provide you with another case bottom.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

i got a signal on the channel 3 but very very weak. I couldn't set up my tuner on. It should be possible because i use a video recorder tuner and it's ok with my Darth Vader model.

Some strange things :

Replace the RF cable.

It looks like someone already replaced the power jack with a different style, using wiring to mount it off-board. Unless you know something is wrong with the replacement, don't bother trying to put a correct-style jack in the console until you get it working. If you can get it to work, I'm sure somebody here can provide you with another case bottom.

I tried with the RF cable from my Vader model, cleaned the motherboard and all the contacts and it was exactly the same result...

There is something else but i don't know what....