IGNORED

The Sure Sign of Sickness. . .

Starhopper

:ponder: As I've mentioned before, one of my 'holy grails' has always been Smurf. It's a fairly easy game to find, I know, but anytime I've come close to obtaining one (even back when they were new), someone has always beaten me to it.

Not last night/this morning :evil:

I bought a system with twenty games, two joysticks, two sets of paddles, a working (we'll see) four-switch woody, and a complete, unbroken 'arcade center' case and organizer. . . just because one of the games was Smurf. :lust:

Now, a lot of that will be fixed up, cleaned, and find its way into my collection anyway but, does this seem obsessive?

Who cares? I GOT that little SOB!!! :lol:

:ponder: As I've mentioned before, one of my 'holy grails' has always been Smurf. It's a fairly easy game to find, I know, but anytime I've come close to obtaining one (even back when they were new), someone has always beaten me to it.

Not last night/this morning :evil:

I bought a system with twenty games, two joysticks, two sets of paddles, a working (we'll see) four-switch woody, and a complete, unbroken 'arcade center' case and organizer. . . just because one of the games was Smurf. :lust:

Now, a lot of that will be fixed up, cleaned, and find its way into my collection anyway but, does this seem obsessive?

Who cares? I GOT that little SOB!!! :lol:

Gargamel's Castle or the other one?

I've got Rescue.

Was it really hard to get originally?

I've got Rescue.

Gargamel's castle. It doesn't seem to be so hard for most people to have gotten. It just eluded me for so long for a lot of dumb reasons :P

AtariAge calls it a 4 on the rarity guide. For me, it's been a personal 10 forever. Back when it was new, it seemed like all the local stores only got a limited suppy and never reordered. In fact, it was about this time that I got Zaxxon, because the local Children's Palace got them in their stead. Didn't matter at the time, since I loved Zaxxon (the arcade game).

That was my first, really big disappointment in arcade ports :x

I've got Rescue.

Gargamel's castle. It doesn't seem to be so hard for most people to have gotten. It just eluded me for so long for a lot of dumb reasons :P

AtariAge calls it a 4 on the rarity guide. For me, it's been a personal 10 forever. Back when it was new, it seemed like all the local stores only got a limited suppy and never reordered. In fact, it was about this time that I got Zaxxon, because the local Children's Palace got them in their stead. Didn't matter at the time, since I loved Zaxxon (the arcade game).

That was my first, really big disappointment in arcade ports :x

Well, I got Pac Man when it came out and I basically dropped the 2600 until the year 2004 because of it.

I have mixed feelings about Gargamel's.....I think the gameplay is redundant....but the graphics are impressive.

although....I need to sit down and play it again....I may change my mind.

Probibaly would have been better to put it up in the Wanted* section here, im sure many people have a double of it, instead of buying a whole new set up, seems kinda expensive :)

Not really. I've been wanting to get one of those Arcade Centers for a while, too. Seems like every one you find in the wild has suffered from someone's kids doing a dance on the cover. :P

Well, congratulations after all you've been through. My personal quest has been for Cannon Man, which is the only Sears game I need. I actually wrote in another thread I had completed Sears, but then I looked up and saw that I was still missing this one. Another toughie for me was Subterranea by Imagic. Games I thought probably should have been hard to find have come easy to me. I paid no real money for my Glib, Waterworld, and I've had 2 Crazy Climbers come into my possession in collections.

I've been working on acquiring many boxes now, so my new quest is finding ones I need. I personally have about 250 or so boxed games now, many of which are sealed.

If you consider yourself sick, then you're joined by many people on here, so welcome to the club. ;)

Phil

I kind of hate to point this out... but for future reference... there's always this option. :ponder:

Well, congratulations after all you've been through. My personal quest has been for Cannon Man, which is the only Sears game I need. I actually wrote in another thread I had completed Sears, but then I looked up and saw that I was still missing this one. Another toughie for me was Subterranea by Imagic. Games I thought probably should have been hard to find have come easy to me. I paid no real money for my Glib, Waterworld, and I've had 2 Crazy Climbers come into my possession in collections.

I've been working on acquiring many boxes now, so my new quest is finding ones I need. I personally have about 250 or so boxed games now, many of which are sealed.

If you consider yourself sick, then you're joined by many people on here, so welcome to the club. ;)

Phil

Subterranea I have seen complete a few times, but Cannon Man never. Actually come to think of it I have no idea what the box even looks like??