IGNORED

Something wrong with my 360

xenomorpher

I had to send them mine too, it happened after I was playing LOTR:BFME II and then the ring of death came on....luckily i was still under warranty, and they have your warranty thing on the computer also, because the guy told me i was lucky because i only had 3 weeks left until my warranty went over. This was back in october, before the 1 year warranty tho. Surprisingly, they sent it back fast, and it's worked good since, i sent off around the 6th of october and got it back like the 22nd or something like that.

My firend who just got his 360 for christams, had to send his off in the middle of January, and hasn't got it back yet, lol i feel bad for him, that would really suck, he got 3 games w/ it too, GOW, SC:DA, and Oblivion.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Xbox in July and I just got the 3 red flashing lights today. I tried everything they suggusted and nothing!! I have to send it in. Good thing they extended they're warranty to a year because I would have been SOL under the 90 day warranty. I better get the extended warranty when this gets back.

ya know, i don't think the things they suggest work for anybody, if there is three red lights your fucked, they need to say that because it is a waste of time going there and then doing all the things, just to get nothing. I still need to get an extended warranty for mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my 360 back today. It was being repaired for the 3 flashing red lights. I plugged it in, and guess what? It didn't work. The 3 flashing red lights were still there and the GD thing didn't start up. Now they are going to send me a box to ship it back to them. What a waste of time, money and effort on my part in sending it to them the first time. I have to write a letter to somebody at MS. I'm so pissed! :x

I got my 360 back today. It was being repaired for the 3 flashing red lights. I plugged it in, and guess what? It didn't work. The 3 flashing red lights were still there and the GD thing didn't start up. Now they are going to send me a box to ship it back to them. What a waste of time, money and effort on my part in sending it to them the first time. I have to write a letter to somebody at MS. I'm so pissed! :x

WTF? Did they send you back your same unit? Is the serial numbers the same? I don't blame you for being POed about that. I would definately not just let it go, don't be cussing and too irrate but express your feeling towards their poor service, you may wind up with some free stuff.

It's the same serial #. The woman I talked kept saying how sorry she was but that I would have to send it back. I was calm with her but I did express how upset I was that I spent $15 to send it to them and nothing seemed to be done to the unit. I also played up how disappointed my son was because we haven't had our 360 for two weeks and my son just got Crackdown for his birthday and couldn't wait for today so he could play it. She was from India or somewhere and didn't really get what I was saying. I'm just floored at this whole ordeal. For once I wish I would have gotten the console at BB or CC and got the replacement plan so I could just get a new one.

That sucks you guys. Hopefully when you two get them back, again for heavy-sixer, they won't give you any problems. My 360 lately has been having trouble opening the disc tray without it sticking. Its been doing that since last year and usually it goes fine whenever I push the tray itself in lightly.

You could build a gaming PC if you wanted to for Oblivion. If you're like me, a console is more appropriate. I think console gaming is more enjoyable and lasts longer since you're on a couch or recliner. I'm going to get it the PS3 version the same day it comes out. I'm anxious to see both versions side by side for comparison. That and I'll be able to play my PS3 much more. If anyone doesn't know, you can download Elder Scrolls: Arena for free and run it under DOS box. It was a celebration thing awhile back I think and got whiff of it on Wikipedia.

Edited by xenomorpher

• 3 weeks later...

Woohooo!!! I finally can join the club. My release day system needs repair. DVD drive quit. I called MS and told em send a coffin. If I appear happy, I am for a few reasons.

1. Extended service contract

2. Picking up the Elite and giving this to my son anyways

3. My streak of everything I own breaking no matter what is still going strong.

I may snag the Elite and give my current 360 to my brother who wants one. I had been debating buying him one (Usually when I've had a few beers in me) Have you found a place to pre-order an Elite?

You could build a gaming PC if you wanted to for Oblivion. If you're like me, a console is more appropriate. I think console gaming is more enjoyable and lasts longer since you're on a couch or recliner.

Yep, I have a big couch that I can lie down on and play games. I put a cushion from an old chair under the left couch cushion so that my top half is at a good angle for playing games or watching TV. Except for an online game once in a while, I rarely play PC games.

If the PS3 can show me some games that interest me, I'll buy it when I can afford it instead of a 360. Looks like it will be 2008 before I can get one since I just bought a new computer today. I've waited this long to play Oblivion; I guess I can wait one more year.

I thought that was just me. :D

No way. I buy a bag of pretzels and they'll all be broken. I really shouldn't have good relations with CSR's from just about every company in existance, but over the years, I've become a favorite to them all :D

I may snag the Elite and give my current 360 to my brother who wants one. I had been debating buying him one (Usually when I've had a few beers in me) Have you found a place to pre-order an Elite?

BB shows it on their site but no buy or preorder option. I figure in a few weeks we'll be able to. If I see anything, I'll let ya know and you can do the same.

I am an owner of a won system from day one. No probs yet, but I fear that it may be coming due to me playing the crap out of the system(3500 Halo 2 games logged among XBLA). I dont stand my unit upright, I dont move it, and I keep it in an reasonably open space. I had one freeze on Halo 2 last night(first time this happened). I am praying thta it wont happen again.

Woohooo!!! I finally can join the club. My release day system needs repair. DVD drive quit. I called MS and told em send a coffin. If I appear happy, I am for a few reasons.

1. Extended service contract

3. My streak of everything I own breaking no matter what is still going strong.

Ah! Welcome to the dead 360 owners club!

The extended service contract is a great deal.

I'm interested in the elite system mainly for the bigger HD, so I may just pick up the 120 gb HD when it is released as an ad-on.

Ah! Welcome to the dead 360 owners club!

The extended service contract is a great deal.

I'm interested in the elite system mainly for the bigger HD, so I may just pick up the 120 gb HD when it is released as an ad-on.

Thank you, thank you :)

I shouldn't complian too much. The thing has probably been on an average of 8 hrs a day since day 1. But it still sucks.