IGNORED

Hey Everyone - My collection is going away!

JagMX

Hey everyone - Being that I haven't been to this site in a long time and I stopped posting probably over a year ago I'm hear to announce that my large collection of Jaguar items is officially being sold. I originally wanted to sell off stuff one by one - To give collectors a chance to fill up holes and such but I could really use the full cash from the entire collection to help my recent financial problems. Plus I want someone to be able to enjoy my collection right away like I have. So basically this is for anyone looking to grab a huge collection in one shot. I'll be posting this in the Auction section as well. But I figured it's also wise to let the Jag fans know about it here as well.

So anyone interested please check out this auction and spread the word if you can. I'd appreciate it. I know how this community was in the past with a select few random people flaming people and such. Please refrain from doing so here if you feel the need to. It's really not necessary :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=009

Nice collection. You could have made some serious cash by selling that all seperate. That is a major job though. I still have a little of my collection left as well as some rare stuff but I miss my Battlesphere Gold. Damn that eBay.

Not seeing a description or anything on that e-bay page. Is the auction over?

It doesn't matter what JagMX *wants* -- by putting it up for public auction he has no say in the matter. Time is money, and if someone wants to buy it and take the time to split it all up and auction it off individually then they are entitled to make some money for their effort, imho. I see nothing wrong with that. That's capitalism.

When you throw huge auction like this, you can't really expect a total Jaguar-newbie to pony up that amount of money to get an "instant" collection for a system they are unfamiliar with. I guess it's possible, but it seems very unlikely that someone other than a Jaguar die-hard or reseller would be interested in spending that amount....

Edited by else

I just want that flight stick

Does the flight stick add analog control to any games? I thought I had read that Battlesphere included support for analog control, but I've never been too clear on this. Would you also need an older Jaguar that includes the built-in A/D chip to make it all work?.

Edited by else

Hey guys. Yeah I would really love for this to go to a Jag fan. Even if it was to fill a bunch of holes and then they'd sell off whatever they replaced and didn't need. I already saw some bidders who are just sellers and resellers. Hey I can't do anything about that ;), but I'm just hoping it goes to someone who gets some kinda use out of it.

And yeah, I could've went and sold everything separate, but aside from having to deal with all that splitting up I think this is easier. I deal with one person rather than 100 and worry about deadbeats and pains-in-the-asses. Packing it all up and making 6 dozen trips to the Post office. And while it is possible I could make more separately, I think it would make either the same amount, slightly more or slightly less if I split it all up, with ebay's fees and competing against other's cheaper prices.

Chances are tho, if I can't make what I would like to get for this and would have to relist it more than once, I might go the route of splitting it up giving others a chance to get what they'd like, but I'm undecided on that still :)

and as for that Flightstick, It wasn't all I thought it would be when I had first gotten it. The controls with it can be frustrating at times ;)

Does the flight stick add analog control to any games? I thought I had read that Battlesphere included support for analog control, but I've never been too clear on this. Would you also need an older Jaguar that includes the built-in A/D chip to make it all work?.

As I understand... no.

Hey guys, if we REALLY wanted to we could collectively buy this. :)

What is ironic is, the $600 price would cover...

The flight stick ($125)

The Songbird titles, generally $70, you have Hyperforce, Skyhammer, and Soccer Kid there. So that's $335. Add Battlesphere (usually $100) brings it to $435... as you can see, this lot of games is no where near it's worth. But if if you had like six people, each chipping in about $125 a piece, and calling what they want... everyone could walk away with the ability to fill holes in their collection. Like me, I would gladly put $125 down for say Soccer Kid, Hyperforce, and maybe a few other items. Don't neccessarily need a flight stick. Already have Battlesphere and a Catbox so don't need those either.

So this way some seasoned collectors (like myself and others) could couple with starting collectors and help them get started in a good way.

Just a thought. ;)

BattleSphere does support analog control which is the reason why I wan't one. I wonder how hard it would be to convert one to Jaguar compatible. Does anyone know of any tutorial to do this? I dont' know if the flight stick itself has an ADC processor.

It doesn't matter what JagMX *wants* -- by putting it up for public auction he has no say in the matter. Time is money, and if someone wants to buy it and take the time to split it all up and auction it off individually then they are entitled to make some money for their effort, imho. I see nothing wrong with that. That's capitalism.

When you throw huge auction like this, you can't really expect a total Jaguar-newbie to pony up that amount of money to get an "instant" collection for a system they are unfamiliar with. I guess it's possible, but it seems very unlikely that someone other than a Jaguar die-hard or reseller would be interested in spending that amount....

Ya but what I'm getting at is it doesn't seem right to talk about making money off his auction in his own thread! jeez...

Oh and else...I think I know what capitalism is...being born and raised in California...LOL ;)

Edited by kevincal

Ya but what I'm getting at is it doesn't seem right to talk about making money off his auction in his own thread! jeez...

Oh and else...I think I know what capitalism is...being born and raised in California...LOL ;)

Oh sorry if I seemed insensitive a few responses back. $600 is a lot of money to me and I have MOST of what what he has listed, but I was just making conversation... the idea of spending that amount and making the money back by selling the ones I already have. Actually I know many hobbyists that do this, not to make money, but to be able to collect their hobby and not have their wife divorce them. :)

Hey guys, I don't mind any conversation about anything in this thread. The only thing I don't want is flaming and arguments ;) Besides, it's definitely going to happen where some things are going to be re-sold from whomever gets this if they aren't a re-seller.

But hey if it doesn't sell the 1st or 2nd time around at the price I want for it and I magically get a new job within 2 weeks, i'll definitely split it up and sell it all separately. :D

its very hard to make all the money back from a collection that took years to get

if i sold my entire 3DO collection i wouldnt get anywhere near the $4000 i spent on it, but i know i have atleast 1 piece that could get close to $800 for, but as for the rest i would be lucky to get $1000 total

and right now i would love my $4000 back :(

good luck Jagmx i know how much you loved that collection

Edited by Lemmi

its very hard to make all the money back from a collection that took years to get

if i sold my entire 3DO collection i wouldnt get anywhere near the $4000 i spent on it, but i know i have atleast 1 piece that could get close to $800 for, but as for the rest i would be lucky to get $1000 total

Tell me about it. That's why i'm aiming for a reasonable amount of what I had spent. Actually to tell you the truth I can't even remember what I paid for some of the expensive stuff! But I know certain things were a lot and the amount spent I definitely won't get back. But I'll see what happens ;)

Tell me about it. That's why i'm aiming for a reasonable amount of what I had spent. Actually to tell you the truth I can't even remember what I paid for some of the expensive stuff! But I know certain things were a lot and the amount spent I definitely won't get back. But I'll see what happens ;)

$900 and reserve still not met! Be interesting to see how high this goes.