IGNORED

Atari800winPlus 4.x project compiling

atariportal

does anyone know which development environment is needed to compile the last Atari800WinPlus 4.0 sourcecode without code-changes and without errors? There are no informations available.

The projectfile says C++ 7.1 (C++ from VisualStudio.Net 2003)

But which versions of other parts are needed and which is the supported OS?

A.) Win2000 oder WinMe/98 ?

B.) DirectX 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 ?

Microsoft has changed many libs and include files in v9. DirectX 9.0 seems to be incompatible.

C.) Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2

This SDK seems to be incompatible. (many AFXxxx.h has changed)

Any suggestions?

D.) Any other parts are needed? e.g. MFC SDK?

I want to compile it to support the german pc keyboard.

(a atari keyboard layout over a virtual us-style pc-keyboard on a real german pc-keyboard is incredible / not useable) :|

Andreas

A.) Win2000 oder WinMe/98 ?

Shouldn't matter. I made it compile with WinXP, but using Visual Studio 6 SP5.

B.) DirectX 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 ?

Microsoft has changed many libs and include files in v9. DirectX 9.0 seems to be incompatible.

I have the latest DirectX 9.0c SDK installed and the emulator compiles + works with that.

Many thanks for your replys.

@Rybags: Not all characters can be changed. The most special chars can not be changed. But all special chars are on other keys than the us-style keyboard. e.g. -_:.;,#'()/&?=<>"

@Wrathchild + Fröhn: Ok. I own VS6 enterprise (us version) and DirectX SDK 8 / 9. I can try this combination. But where do you get the needed xxxAFXxxx.H include files and libs? I think there must be another SDK installed. The AFX-files are a part of the MFC. There are no AFX-files included at the DirectX SDK 7/8/9

I have found AFX-files at the "Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2" as a part of the MFC. But this Software is not 100% compatible, Because there are some changes at the include files. Because of this, some parts of the Atari800Win project have to be rewritten. I think i have to use an older software that includes the MFC part. But which?

@Wrathchild: Please, can you send me the latest working project files?

Andreas