IGNORED

Atari Lynx II: repair problem with blown capacitors

GuybrushThreepwood

Hi everyone

I just purchased a Atary lynx on ebay :-) The systems seam to be working but I notised that the right button on the d-pad is not working corectly. I read on some of the forums that it might be a capsitor issue. Dose any one know which capasitor needs to be replaced ? Any help would be grately apresiated.

Thank You : )

Thanks for advice GadgetUK and Ayreon

I will open up my system again and try to see if I can get this to work. I did try to clean the D-pad contacts with alcohol and q-tips, but still was still seeing the same issue. I will now attempt to clean all the contacts and see what happens. I will post an update as soon as I operate on my Lynx again.

Got it to work !!!!

I took the system apart, then I cleaned the button layout board with Windex ( i didn't have any alcohol at hand ) . I also notice that the robin cable had some of it's leads FUBAR'ed , so I took a pair of scissors and trimmed off about 2mm from the button layout board robin. One of those things fixed my button issue.

Thanks for your help GadgetUK