IGNORED

Wii Zelda TP official Player's Guide

GruBBworM

I beat the game fair and square. I say that as I find "guides" are more like "cheat books" IMO. Play without a guide dude, it makes the game much more fun.

It's a tradeoff; a sense of satisfaction in exchange for more time and more frustration.

My advice is, play with a friend, two heads are better than one.

Personally, I don't trust game writers to make puzzles and hidden goodies in a way that I can get through them with what I consider a reasonable time and effort. (That said, I tend to be more of a completist for things that help me in boss fights, like hearts...)

I played most of the game without the use of a guide, but did hit IGN's online guide once when I simply couldn't figure out where to go next. This was at about 45+ hours into the game.

I didn't need it afterwards as the game was fairly straightforward. It did take me a few tries to figure out how to take down Gannon's beast form but once I figured that out...taking him down wasn't much of a challenge.

I spent a total of 62 - 65 hours to beat the game. But I certainly didn't find everything. I never found the cave...or even knew about it until reading about it in forum messages.

I beat the game fair and square. I say that as I find "guides" are more like "cheat books" IMO. Play without a guide dude, it makes the game much more fun.

Easy say when you have plenty of time. But for those of us with VERY limited time a guide can be handy.

But I understand where you're coming from. I avoid a guide as much as I possibly can.

Yes guides are cheating, but I like to keep it in perspective.

Back in the day for instance I never would have finished certain games without hint books. Before the days of mandatory start-to-finish guides, I used to sift through Nintendo Power hunting for sporadic tips and then catalogue them away. I didn't think of it as cheating then, so I guess I ought not to now really. Back then it was different though as the enitre game solution could rarely be found in one place and not very conveniently.

I never ever would have found the warps in Mario 2, or been able to find the flute in Zelda 2 without things like the Classifed Information seciton of NP.