IGNORED

GENESIS PORTABLE IS COMING!Nice TFT,8-Games built in..and....

club2k

B1002590638.jpg

...it has a MMC port!! Thats what i was dreaming of as a child...all genesis games on a portable :lust:

The design of the handheld is a bit shitty tough.

the specs:

Key Specifications/Special Features:

* Two-player mode

* Eight genesis/Mega drive 16-bit games built-in

* Supports to play on TV/LCD function

* MomiTM cartridge port built-in

* Emulated battery back up RAM (EEPROM)

* Slim and portable

* Built-in sound speaker

* 2.4-inch TFT LCD

* C.P.U: Sega Genesis compatible with 16-bit processor running at 7.67MHz

* Sound C.P.U: Z80 compatible running at 3.58MHz

* Memory: 20KB ROM

* Display: palette 512

* Main sound chip:

o Sega genesis compatible 6-channel FM

o Additional sound chip: 4-channel PSG

o Output: Composite Video, CCIR 565/601, RGB LCD

o Peripherals: MMC/NAND flash, 12C, SPl ROM, SDRAM and UART interface

Source

Is this thing even legit, or is it some Hong Kong pirate device? Ironically, it would probably be BETTER if it were an HK pirate, because otherwise there's no way Sega would let us just load ROMs off an MMC.

Anyways, I'm not sure I like the design... the button layout looks awkward, and you have Sonic's hair spikes jabbing into your hand.

--Zero

Is this thing even legit, or is it some Hong Kong pirate device? Ironically, it would probably be BETTER if it were an HK pirate, because otherwise there's no way Sega would let us just load ROMs off an MMC.

Anyways, I'm not sure I like the design... the button layout looks awkward, and you have Sonic's hair spikes jabbing into your hand.

--Zero

it is fully legit.sega sold the rights for the master system and genesis to various companys.it seems like they dont care what they do with the rights...it just counts that the units sell...and an mmc port is a killer feature.everyone who played genesis wants this device i believe.i think it will be around 40 or 50 bucks.

UH.... that looks like the Game Gear/Master System Handheld Curt developed. Coleco and Playpal released it but in a different casing. Sonic Blast is a Game Gear game not Sonic 3D Blast for the Genesis which is an entirely different game.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...94760&st=60

Edited by EmOneGarand

What this needs is three extra buttons. How's a guy supposed to play Street Fighter II without them?

Still though, this is a great idea. I wish other game companies would follow suit, offering revisions of their own handhelds with smaller form factors, cleaner screens, and longer battery life. Could you imagine an Atari Lynx that could fit in your shirt pocket?

JR

yes,the nomad was the first genesis portable.

but it was expensive and had a bad tft display which consumed lots of battery.

but the real highlight on that new genesis handheld is the mmc port....home bewn games on real hardware!

It wasn't bad at the time it came out, I have one. The screen is just proned to screen burn and blurring, but yeah.. it ate batteries like crazy so I just used car adapters, I don't think I used batteries ONCE when I used it hah hah

Still though, this is a great idea. I wish other game companies would follow suit, offering revisions of their own handhelds with smaller form factors, cleaner screens, and longer battery life. Could you imagine an Atari Lynx that could fit in your shirt pocket?

The MMC is the important idea. They're not going to make money selling hardware like this at a loss to sell software. They need to sell the hardware at a profit with the "free downloadable unsupported software" as the incentive.

Doesn't make sense why Sega would be licensing this kind of product based on the genesis.. their clearly gonna make alot more money selling the games on the Wii VC for 8 bucks a game... The Master System/Game Gear did because the VC wasn't gonna have them.

People who will *not* buy a Wii at $250 *will* buy a $50 portable that they can load up with ROM images. They'll never see the Wii VC $8 a pop from those consumers, but they *can* get $50 a pop for hardware from those consumers. If they want to truly maximize profits (and they can reconcile themselves with all those "lost" $8 Wii VC sales that they would have never seen anyhow), this is the way to do it.

It wasn't bad at the time it came out, I have one. The screen is just proned to screen burn and blurring, but yeah.. it ate batteries like crazy so I just used car adapters, I don't think I used batteries ONCE when I used it hah hah

I thought LCDs were immune to burn in.

Trust me, Sega's at a point where they'll sell their licenses to any interested party. They've made their own classic collections as well as licensing their software to GameTap and Nintendo... why wouldn't they let hardware manufacturers in on the action? They desperately need the money.

JR