IGNORED

New A8 game released

_Fandal_

Not knocking it, but it's the same type of games, everyone wrote in the 80's in ATARI Basic.

"Gr.1" Games give nearly the most cpu speed.

Seriously, back in time, I wrote such games faster, right out of the head, in basic than they were loaded from Tape... :D

Well... how about some real sid sounds here (sidplay really has enough time when using this type of game).

Not knocking it, but it's the same type of games, everyone wrote in the 80's in ATARI Basic.

"Gr.1" Games give nearly the most cpu speed.

Seriously, back in time, I wrote such games faster, right out of the head, in basic than they were loaded from Tape... :D

Well... how about some real sid sounds here (sidplay really has enough time when using this type of game).

hmmm, I doubt this is graphics 1...it must be graphics 12: see the blue balls with the white reflections

...or the writer must have used pm over/underlays...because the balls are the only objects not made up of (max.) 2 colors.

Edited by analmux

• 1 month later...

Has anyone gotten Caverns of the Lost Miner running on real Atari hardware? Or more specifically, real NTSC Atari hardware?

We wanted to feature this game on a SPACE club DOM, but a couple of us can't get it to run. The machine freezes very early in the process of loading the game. I've tried SDX, MYDOS, and DOS 2.5, with or without BASIC loaded.

Works for me fine in Atari800WinPLus 4.0 emulating NTSC hardware.

Thanks.

Has anyone gotten Caverns of the Lost Miner running on real Atari hardware? Or more specifically, real NTSC Atari hardware?

We wanted to feature this game on a SPACE club DOM, but a couple of us can't get it to run. The machine freezes very early in the process of loading the game. I've tried SDX, MYDOS, and DOS 2.5, with or without BASIC loaded.

I can't get it to work, either.. I've got a 32-in-1 OS upgrade, so I tried it with 800 rev A and B OS and all 4 revisions of the XL/XE OS, using DOS 2.0S. I even tried the PAL XL/XE OS (on my NTSC machine), no joy. In all cases, it loads 2 sectors, then freezes...

• 3 weeks later...