IGNORED

Help save the Cuttle Cart 3 for the Intellivision

I have been looking forward to buying a Cuttle Cart 3 for the Intellivision. Chad updated his site earlier this week and it looks like he is having an issue with the Cuttle Cart. He is looking for input from potential buyers. Please send him a message and so that this can get released. If anyone can help him solve the issue it would be even better. Here is a link to the CC3 page and there is a link on there to contact Chad.

http://www.schells.com/cc3.shtml

Edited by mcgrail0007

:(

Chad - please proceed into production with the CC3, even if it is small scale.

Even if I had to power one of my INTYs on/off several times to get the cart to come up - that's no worse than most of the carts I have already! ;)

I'm perfectly fine with that, and realize there are problems being caused by aging hardware. And I know I'm far from being the only person who’s willing to deal with minor issues to gain so much ease and functionality.

Come on INTY fans, send Chad a message directly, and post it here as well ;)

Edited by remowilliams

It shoulds like a working product to me, Jay. I don't see how he can solve a problem with finicky hardware that hasn't aged well. Are you able to start up normal carts with success 100% of the time?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem. I thought it was a fault of the device not the Intelevision.

If the device can't be corrected because of the limitations of the Intelevision then I'm all for the progression of the device. If somoeone out there has a better understanding of the eqipment and has a solution/suggestion to offer him so it might be corrected more the better.

As one of the testers, I can't see what Chad is all up in arms about. I have seen some of these issues he has talked about, but only with the ECS attached and only intermittently... no more so than with regular carts on any system I have. I could live easily with the minimal problems I've experienced as they are very minor and don't bother me. Chad doesn't agree however and apparently some Intellys act up worse than others. He is so depressed about this that he has threatened to recall the beta carts so he can smash them. EEEK!!!! I kid you not :(

Please help change his mind. I can't bear to see this project canceled, nor do I want to see him smash the only working carts. As for me, mine would mysteriously get lost in the mail :twisted: I don't want to see that happen.

Please Chad, I beg you... PLEASE SAVE THE CC3!!!!!

-Lee

I'm not personally terribly interested in the Intellivision, but if the Chat had this sort of problems with the CC2 and the 7800 I would have suggested trying to figure out a simple 7800 mod to make things work reliably. Sure it's nice being able to plug a CC2 into a stock 7800, but being able to have a system that works like the 7800+CC2 combo would be nice regardless.

Further, from what I've seen, Intellivisions can sometimes be flaky even with "normal" carts. I don't know whether that's related to the problems Chat is having, but if the Intellivision can be modded to be more reliable with normal cartridges, and if such mod allows it to work reliably with the CC3, I would think that would be just great.

This would not deter me at all from buying an Intellivision Cuttle Cart, not one bit. Even if the failure rate was as high as 20 or 25% I'd still have no problems simply turning the power off and back on again until it worked. As long as Chad makes this clear with a prominent notice in the documentation (or perhaps a brightly colored insert that states this), I doubt most people will care.

..Al

I've sent my notice that I'd buy this item, warts and all.

What he's saying is that when you turn your Intellivision on the CC3 only reacts properly 90% of the time. 90% is an "A" in every school I went to and I would still buy and enjoy it, even if it only works 90% of the time.

Hell, I already have a NES, a SNES, an Astrocade and an Arcadia 2001 for which 90% successful start-up would be an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who sent Chad a message! He updated his site with the following message earlier this week.

Update - Feb 13, 2007

"I'd like to start this update by saying thanks for all the emails I received regarding the problem and whether or not to continue. The response was very positive.

Next I'm happy to announce that I have determined the source of the CC3 reset issues and it's a simple fix. With the fix in place the CC3 now works as well as any other Inty cart. (Which, as so many of you pointed out, does not mean 100% perfect restarts.) But now I'm happy that the CC3 is not going to be the cause of additional reset issues, and hitting reset will probably fix most reset issues rather than having to cycle power.

I'm feeling much better about this project now. I knew there was a problem with the CC3. I really doubt I could have brought myself to release it knowing something wasn't quite right.

Anyway, now I guess I should look into updating the PCB to incorporate the fix and determining PCB and assembly costs."

This sounds like great news to me. I have the complete Intellivision collection but it is so much easier to play the games just having to go through a menu with one cartridge.