IGNORED

Details regarding the rewards for gamerpoints.

moycon

Here's the official news about the gamerpoint rewards.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2...xboxrewards.htm

Participation

After registering, you will automatically be placed into one of three Rewards Levels based on your current gamerscore. Your level will determine the rewards you are eligible for during each Challenge. The more you play, the higher you can advance, and the bigger the pay-out.

Level 1 (0 – 4,999 annual Gamerscore): You are developing your skills and gaining experience. Take some time to get used to the program and learn your way around. The Challenges will typically be easier and the rewards smaller.

Level 2 (5,000 – 9,999 annual Gamerscore): We are going to turn up the heat a bit. You have proved that you know how to play and are willing to put in the gaming time to reap the benefits. The Challenges will get a bit more difficult. Never fear, the reward value goes up as well.

Level 3 (over 10,000 annual Gamerscore): This is an arena filled with the who's who of gaming. We don't want to claim that Level 3 is an exclusive club, but if you find yourself winning Challenges here, you've obviously pulled out the big guns, so enjoy while it lasts.

Xbox Rewards is not a hall of fame, and there are no honorary life members. In order to maintain your Rewards Level, you have to continue to play on top. Rewards Levels are based on how many Gamerscore you gain each calendar year.

Xbox Rewards Challenge 1: Old Spice Experience Challenge

Old Spice is teaming with Xbox on the first Xbox Rewards Challenge to prove that Experience is Everything. Starting February 12, you will be challenged to increase your Gamerscore by 1,500 or more before April 12. Successfully complete the Challenge and get a Rewards Package*, and Old Spice will give you the gift of experience—all Level 1 and 2 participants will receive a level upgrade for 2007.

Ready to get your Rewards Package? The first step is to register for Xbox Rewards and join the Old Spice Experience Challenge. Then, it's up to you to complete the task within the time limit. You can't register until February 12. Some of the rewards within the Rewards Package are limited in quantity, and will be distributed to those who complete the challenge the fastest, so be quick about it.

The Rewards Packages listed below are unique to the Old Spice Experience Challenge. Each new Challenge will bring new rewards.

Level 1

The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami (Retail Value $5.00)

Exclusive Old Spice Level 1 Xbox Rewards gamer picture

An experience upgrade to Xbox Rewards Level 2

Level 2

The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami

Exclusive Old Spice Level 2 Xbox Rewards gamer picture

100 Microsoft Points

An experience upgrade to Xbox Rewards Level 3

Level 3

The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami

Exclusive Old Spice Level 3 Xbox Rewards gamer picture

200 Microsoft Points

Old Spice T-Shirt (Estimated Retail Value $10.00)

A copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2 game (rated: E10+) (Estimated Retail Value $50.00)

Get Involved

On February 12, visit www.xbox.com/rewards for more information and be one of the first to register for Xbox Rewards and the Old Spice Experience Challenge.

Awesome. I will definitely be signing up. The first challenge will be easy.

Yeah 1500 points in 2 months should be a cinch. I just hope they don't make you play specific games.

I guess if that was the case and they were titles you didn't have you could go rent them or something.

In the mean time I'm gonna hold off trying for any achievements until Feb 12th!!

Edited by moycon

So let me get this straight... the prize for winning this contest is the chance to turn your onscreen avatar into a commercial for a stick of deodorant? No amount of antiperspirant can cover up how much that stinks.

JR

You also can get Live games and maybe Live points , a tee-shirt and Fusion Frenzy depending on if you meet the challenge and how many gamerpoints you have built up already. Even better tt sounds like this will be an ongoing thing!!! Exciting news and free games can't be beat in my book. That's why I bought the 360, to play games. Someone that didn't participate in the achievements....like say....you Jess, won't get as much of an opportunity to begin with. So sad for you Jess :(

Maybe you could get cracking on earning some achievement now...or you can do like usual and bitch.

Edited by moycon

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read the whole thing.

But another question. If my gamer score puts me at level 1 now, is it possible to get the level 3 prize at all? And why is the structuring of this contest so complicated? And is it saying that if someone already has 10,000 gamer points, all they have to do is increase it by another 1,500 and they get the biggest prize?

Chris

Edited by Jibbajaba

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read the whole thing.

But another question. If my gamer score puts me at level 1 now, is it possible to get the level 3 prize at all? And why is the structuring of this contest so complicated? And is it saying that if someone already has 10,000 gamer points, all they have to do is increase it by another 1,500 and they get the biggest prize?

Chris

That's the way I took it.

Really I don't think it's all that complicated if you think about it.

It sounds like if you are currently a level 1 (Less than 5,000 gamerpoints) and you complete the challenge this round (Get 1,500 points in 2 months). Then you get a free Live game (Contra) and next round you will automatically be bumped up to level two even though you might not have 5,000-9,999 gamerpoints yet. You would not be elegible for the biggest prizes until you reach level 3.

I have a feeling you will now see that all the folks that said achievement points were stupid this whole time are going to get mad because they aren't in the running. I would say... that's what they get for being sticks in the mud. :cool:

Still it sounds like even folks without many gamerpoints can get in the groove within 4 months. (Provided this is an ongoing challenge that happens every 2 months) Also keep in mind that they have already stated the prizes are limited. The quicker the top spots get their points the better chance you have of getting the prize before they are gone. So I guess to answer your question you aren't guarenteed the big prize if they run out. Hopefully once the main game runs out, they will still kick you a free Live Arcade games, Tee-shirts and Live points.

Well I only have about 400 gamer points right now, but honestly, it is EXTREMELY easy to rack up a bunch really quick if you really wanted to.

I'm not too concerned about it. I'm going to do my best to boost my score real quick, but honestly I'm not too interested in getting Fusion Frenzy 2. But there may very well be a game or other prize down the line that I DO want, so I want to put myself in a position where I can make a play for it.

Now that I have a better understanding of how it works, I am definitely going to try to get my gamer score up to level 2 before I sign up.

Chris

You also can get Live games...

Well, Live GAME, anyway. And we're not talking about the preemo stuff like Assault Rigs or Alien Hominid HD, but Contra.

and maybe Live points

What's 200 points going to get you on Xbox Live Arcade? Half a game?

, a tee-shirt

A shirt that turns you into a walking billboard for a deodorant stick that hasn't been popular since the late 1980's! Where do I sign?!

and Fusion Frenzy

With the scores it's been getting in EGM (5.0, 2.0, and 4.5), they'll probably have to give it away.

Even better tt sounds like this will be an ongoing thing!!! Exciting news and free games can't be beat in my book.

Problem is, they're not free. You might not be footing the bill, but Old Spice is.

That's why I bought the 360, to play games.

Then BUY them. Don't expect some stinky aftershave to do the job for you.

Someone that didn't participate in the achievements....like say....you Jess, won't get as much of an opportunity to begin with. So sad for you Jess :(

Oh, am I supposed to be insulted? Not everybody suffers from Xbox Achievement penis envy like you. Some people own an Xbox 360 to just play the games! Sound familiar?

Maybe you could get cracking on earning some achievement now...or you can do like usual and bitch.

Don't mind if I do! See, I like the Xbox 360, but I'm not blindly loyal to it as you appear to be. When Microsoft does something dumb or exploitive, I'm going to call them on it... and this is both dumb AND exploitive. I'd rather not bust my ass for achievements and become a roll-on whore just for Microsoft's leftover table scraps.

JR

and this is both dumb AND exploitive. I'd rather not bust my ass for achievements and become a roll-on whore just for Microsoft's leftover table scraps.

JR

Umm Then don't. No one will force you I promise, In fact you cant participate unless you register.

You know what's not exploitive but very dumb? Folks that break down via quotes other peoples posts by sentence and address each one with a silly answer ment to I guess belittle that person they are quoting. If you don't like playing games, earning achievments and getting free stuff (Regardless what your opinion is of the free stuff...because honestly, I could care less what you think about anything in this world) That's fine, but if you try to make me feel foolish for doing that very thing....I'll laugh at your silly little face. All the quotes in the world aint gonna change that Jess. Sorry

I'm willing to bet that a LOT of people are going to run out and either buy (since last years versions are cheap) or rent any sports games for the 360. Hardly any effort is required to rack up 1,000pts in an hour on any sports game.

Mendon

King Kong is another good one. There are like 9 achievements in that game. Play through and you'll get them all.

A good place to look for easy games is here...

http://www.achieve360points.com/list/

...then under "List Sorter", sort the games by "Achievement Difficulty". You can start at 1 and work your way up to 10. Typically I play games I like and don't worry about the difficulty, but to check out some quick point reaping, take a look here.

And be sure to note that some of the games are listed as having "Easy" achievements, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're quick points. You have to kinda temper the difficulty they give the game with your knowledge of about how long it will take. You can look at the achievements for a particular game to get an idea. If an achievement is something like "play for 72 hours", well then you know.

ò¿ó   smiling_to_jr-whine.gif

At least these points have a reason now, other than self satisfaction, free loot!

I know that the Old Spice name doesn't really have that WOW factor when comes to someone sponsoring. But, Microsoft came up with the idea, and Old Spice was the first to step up. At least it's a start. Who knows what it will lead to or what other companies will take on the role for the next one.

I can see two sides of this though. I just hope it doesn't lead to something like commercials. I still hate the fact they run 5 to 6 commercials before a movie in theaters, yet I don't get anykind of kickback. I know the commercials are not running because movie theaters think it's cool to do. I can watch those and be annoyed at home, why would I want to pay to see a movie and sit thru those? Sorry, strayed off in a tangent that doesn't really correlate....

This probably won't intice me to get a level 1,2, or 3. It has nothing to do with Old Spice, Microsoft or the free offer(s). I just like to play at my own pace. And gaining enough points to gain a certain level during a fixed time, isn't in my priority of playing.

Although, I guess regardless if I can meet the regulated points to achieve a level, what have I got to loose? It's free! Now I just need to get an internet connection.

I know that the Old Spice name doesn't really have that WOW factor when comes to someone sponsoring.

Who's sponsering doesn't matter to me.

I got a Yogo's (Kelloggs = Not exactly a cool sponsor) Tee-shirt free by sending in a couple UPC symbols off some cereal boxes.

Does the shirt say Yogo's on it, Yep.

Do I care? Nope I think it's a cool shirt.

See for yourself.

It cost me a .39 stamp.

Here's the thing. Just because Old Spice put up the cash doesn't mean the shirt is shit. Maybe it does, I haven't seen it, but what the hell, I'm not gonna slam them before I do. Also in regards to the game this time Fusion Frenzy, Sure the reviews aren't great. I can list a dozen games that got luke warm reviews that I love to play and I'll bet everyone on the board can. Worse comes to worse, I've played the game and know I hate it, or already have it, don't open it, take it to Wal-Mart and trade it in for another game, or put it on eBay. Oh, and 200 points? I guess you could get a theme or gamerpics, or if I meet the challenge this time, and the next time it's the same and I meet it. I just got me another free classic arcade game, in addition to whatever Arcade game they gave us. So by the end of second challenge I got 3 free Arcade games....Yeah what a shitty deal. Let's not bother. :rolling:

Someone just try to convince me this sucks ass. :lolblue:

post-544-1171057901_thumb.jpg

i havent been able to, shit! and tonight would be the perfect night to start, casue i get a snow day tomorrow. i really like this, now there is another reason to earn these gamerpoints other than bragging rights. It sucks though because i already bought Contra :(, it would of been better to get 400 live points, but hey, id be happy with just the picture(which i guess ill have to be happy with anyway), because it shows you took the time to participate.

Does anybody know if you can start getting points before you enter the thing? like points now that will count towards the contest?

I will only be getting the level 1 prize, as i really havent focused on the gamerscore that much(i mean directly) and have only racked up 1400 since i got my 360 back last march, but if i kick it into gear, then i am confident i will be able to get the points.

Edited by ewing92

I got all 5 rewards!! I do admit tho that they should have verified the servers would be able to handle the load of this contest. It took me hours and hours to register and accept the challenge. Luckily I work 3rd shift anyways so I was up doing other stuff while trying. I just now logged in and let them know I was finished with the challenge. I think they are having major issues with their servers tho. I heard that they are extending the contest and adding more rewards because of it, still it would be nice if they would resolve their issues.

Edited by moycon