IGNORED

Wanted: 7800 that doesn't work with Pac-Man Collection or Santa

Albert

I wonder if this is related to the problem with AtariVox resetting on some games on some 7800's?

There may be some sort of relation...

Interesting connection with the mention of Simon Santa too as that was brought up regarding the Concerto compatibility in conjunction with issues Chad ran into respecting the Cuttle Cart 2. As mentioned in that thread, Chad found the right combination and hardware for the CC2 that ultimately resulting in it working (mostly) fine across all consoles tested. One of the reasons for the cease production of the CC2 was parts being discontinued.

Finding the right combination of memory chips, along with the plethora of other involved hardware for a PCB playing nicely across various 7800 console with a mix of different console components, presents quite the challenge to state the least; an AtariVox as another hardware layer piece makes the rabbit hole even deeper.

I wonder if this is related to the problem with AtariVox resetting on some games on some 7800's?

Both of my 7800s do the reset on the AtariVox, but only with the game Dungeon Stalker. However, one person with a beta Concerto cart stated that Dungeon Stalker works on the concerto for them and doesn't reset the Avox+, but does on the normal cart itself. So it is something with the timing and how busy the bus is when the game is going full tilt.

The point being that I believe the issue with Dungeon Stalker and the AVox+ resetting is a much wider issue than the PMC carts that weren't working in some 7800s.

• Like 1

I can't wait to hear about BBCQ, now that it is going to be in the wild. I spent a long time on the board, hopefully it is fine.

I tossed it at a number of consoles, including problematic ones, and I don't recall having any issues aside from one machine that

didn't like the eprom but that was the eprom's fault not your pcb.