IGNORED

Weird....cart rolls then blanks out.

Recycled

Inspired by the Ghostbusters post on here....I decided to give it a try. I had a cart somebody gave me, but had never tried it--until last night. When I powered the 2600....the screen would appear briefly, roll quickly then blank out to blue. I used an eraser to clean the contacts; it didn't help. I haven't used the cotton swab/alcohol treatment yet. I find it strange because...the carts that I've experienced before that didn't work...didn't work at all. This one turns on briefly then screws up. I'm wondering if it can be repaired. Anybody have this problem before?

Inspired by the Ghostbusters post on here....I decided to give it a try. I had a cart somebody gave me, but had never tried it--until last night. When I powered the 2600....the screen would appear briefly, roll quickly then blank out to blue. I used an eraser to clean the contacts; it didn't help. I haven't used the cotton swab/alcohol treatment yet. I find it strange because...the carts that I've experienced before that didn't work...didn't work at all. This one turns on briefly then screws up. I'm wondering if it can be repaired. Anybody have this problem before?

Yes.

Try putting the cart in the freezer for an hour and see if it will play longer. If it does, I'd suggest that the problem is a solder joint, and if so, crack the cart open and reflow the solder on the pins, and that should fix it.

Yes.

Try putting the cart in the freezer for an hour and see if it will play longer. If it does, I'd suggest that the problem is a solder joint, and if so, crack the cart open and reflow the solder on the pins, and that should fix it.

That makes sense.

thanks.