IGNORED

Wtd: Donkey Kong ColecoVision Boxed :)

Murph74

Well, I've not seen one in person, so I'm skeptical that it even exists. But it is pictured on Amazon. :)

DK Boxed

So if anyone has an extra one of these, drop me a line! I understand they were around awhile ago supposedly for about $15 each from a dealer, but can't find that either. :)

Murph

Well, I'd never seen it in stores even back in the day, nor on Ebay since i decided to collect again last fall. But TR having one is proof enough for me. Incidentally, the site that DID have it, was Jack Berg Sales. And I would assume it was for Standalone Adam owners, as the CV was only in it's vanilla release flavor-- both the Coleco and the CBS versions to my knowledge with DK packed in.

Can't imagine there was a very large run though, as DK Supergame was an at-release game for the Adam I thought. I'm not sure how many peeps would pick the cart over the tape with an extra level back in the day. :)

Surely SOMEONE bought extras and would share with me for a fair price-- right? maybe? Please? :)

Murph

Edited by Murph74

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They do exist. Jack Berg (mentioned above) had hold of at least one NOS palette of DK for the ColecoVision, but they've long been snarfed up. I don't recall them ever trading frequently, so someone likely has a stash. The occasional copy does float out onto eBay, and range of values on winning bids fluctuates quite wildly, even when not slipping by under the radar. I can't seem to recall the last time one was up for auction, but it must have been early last year.

Good luck.

Edited by mumbai

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
It's not one most are on the lookout for, even know exists or would even care about a boxed variation.

Seriously...I don't understand why people would even care about this. You're basically paying for a box. This is something that if you came across one, yeah it's a cool find and nice to have in your collection (I guess), but I can't imagine paying any significant amount of money for it (let alone $100). :roll:

Surely SOMEONE bought extras and would share with me for a fair price-- right? maybe? Please? :)

Murph

Knowing this hobby and the way people hoard stuff, I'm sure the first person who saw them on the Jack Berg site who knew they were rare probably bought them all and has them sitting in a box in his closet collecting dust. :roll: Good luck Murph...

This is something that if you came across one, yeah it's a cool find and nice to have in your collection (I guess), but I can't imagine paying any significant amount of money for it (let alone $100). :roll:

Depending on one's point of view, this could be said about anything above and byond functionality (i.e., system hardware and working carts that are in dire cosmetic condition).

It is a little odd that a boxed DK in any condition hasn't popped up on eBay lately, as listings used to appear every three months or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks like you missed one a few weeks back...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110123371041

*sniff* Although, I'd prefer seaeld, I'd a jumped on that...

Oh well, I get used to it-- Murphy's Law and all. :)

Thanks Ping for the heads up tho.

Murph

You'd think I'd give up by now, huh?

*bump*

• 1 month later...