IGNORED

Wtd: Donkey Kong ColecoVision Boxed :)

Murph74

There is one at Atari2600.com now

Someone snagged it yesterday, I think it was around $90 and was in pretty damn good condition. I debated it since it is so rare but I don't collect Coleco so I passed, hard game to find.

DOH false alarm

NEVERMIND !!

:ponder: Nothing to see here, move along. ;)

Someone snagged it yesterday, I think it was around $90 and was in pretty damn good condition. I debated it since it is so rare but I don't collect Coleco so I passed, hard game to find.

DOH false alarm

NEVERMIND !!

Yeah, it jumped up pretty good value-wise it appears. I'd still like to find one sealed though. I know it's out there... just waiting for my abundance of good karma to catch up and pay off here. :)

DOH false alarm

NEVERMIND !!

Yeah, it jumped up pretty good value-wise it appears. I'd still like to find one sealed though. I know it's out there... just waiting for my abundance of good karma to catch up and pay off here. :)

Yeap that is the way to do it !

I have 2 sealed copies and they are waiting patiently to be reunited with their 4 brothers from the mother case they came from.

I have 2 sealed copies and they are waiting patiently to be reunited with their 4 brothers from the mother case they came from.

They're 26 years old! They're adults! They don't need their brothers. Time for them to flee the nest and be on their own. Spread their wings and fly! Fly, I say... and one of them should fly into my mailbox and into my Colecovision collection! :lust::)

• 3 months later...

They're 26 years old! They're adults! They don't need their brothers. Time for them to flee the nest and be on their own. Spread their wings and fly! Fly, I say... and one of them should fly into my mailbox and into my Colecovision collection! :lust::)

Summertime bump! ;)

They're 26 years old! They're adults! They don't need their brothers. Time for them to flee the nest and be on their own. Spread their wings and fly! Fly, I say... and one of them should fly into my mailbox and into my Colecovision collection! :lust: :)

Summertime bump! ;)

I got one. One less person to worry about. :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I know someone who has 2... correction, 3 for sale... not sealed mind you but I've seen them. $100 to $150 depending on condition. You could have been putting 50 cents in a jar for past couple of years so by now you may have the scratch for one. Just trying to help a guy with his Coleco collection. :)

• 2 months later...

Not to hijack your thread but I've been looking out for one of these for what seems like years but I honestly havn't tried too hard to actually post a wanted ad or haunt eBay ;) but I admit to being a bit in the dark on it and I would like to hear a bit of opinions from the 'experts' on this box.

Now I've seen the CBS version occasionally on ebay & it doesn't seem quite that rare, is it really worth $40-50 or is it a case of a common PAL version jacked up to exploit newbs aware of the rare NTSC box release? Also is the US version done in the traditional Coleco style with a picture of the arcade on the front or are they just reformatted CBS boxes? I've never seen a pic of the actual U.S. box.

Not to hijack your thread but I've been looking out for one of these for what seems like years but I honestly havn't tried too hard to actually post a wanted ad or haunt eBay ;) but I admit to being a bit in the dark on it and I would like to hear a bit of opinions from the 'experts' on this box.

Now I've seen the CBS version occasionally on ebay & it doesn't seem quite that rare, is it really worth $40-50 or is it a case of a common PAL version jacked up to exploit newbs aware of the rare NTSC box release? Also is the US version done in the traditional Coleco style with a picture of the arcade on the front or are they just reformatted CBS boxes? I've never seen a pic of the actual U.S. box.

Here's one place that had them years ago: Jack Berg Sales

Coleco_Donkey_Kong.JPG

Coleco_Donkey_Kong_1.JPG

Cool thanks for the pic. Does anyone recall how long ago Jack Berg had this stash for sale? $15 seems like a great price. But it seems likely that someone bought the entire stock and is hording it otherwise there would be more sealed boxes circulating.

Was that dead auction link that sold for $214 for a sealed copy?

Hey guys, thanks. ;) I'm still looking, adn likely won't find one. I've kinda set my mind on the $75 range. May be unrealistic, that's why I'm not holding my breath, but I just can't justify more for a rare 'box' to the most common colecovision game known to man! Especially knowing most of the copies out there were bought for $15 just a few years ago.

Truth is, I am kinda kicking myself over it already-- I'd seen them on Jack Berg's site back in the day, but wasn't really collecting yet so I passed, and kinda asked myself "Who would spend $15 on Donkey Kong?! Everyone has that game already!" Little did I know... lol

Truth is, I am kinda kicking myself over it already-- I'd seen them on Jack Berg's site back in the day, but wasn't really collecting yet so I passed, and kinda asked myself "Who would spend $15 on Donkey Kong?! Everyone has that game already!" Little did I know... lol

Same here. I ran across it when I was looking for A2600 games CIB. Saw the prices of those, and passed. Also saw the CV stuff, and wasn't interested in that stuff and passed there as well. Wish I'd have bought a case of the DK games, now!

• 3 weeks later...

You are right, there is a lot of creasing on the top for a sealed game.

Sealed or not, its a ridiculous price for a box in that condition. There was recently a minty looking CV Q*bert's Qubes that sold for about $160. A DK box is rare but since its more of a packaging variant I can't really value it so highly.

Sealed or not, its a ridiculous price for a box in that condition. There was recently a minty looking CV Q*bert's Qubes that sold for about $160. A DK box is rare but since its more of a packaging variant I can't really value it so highly.

Esp. given that the last two unsealed DKs on eBay went in the $50 range.