IGNORED

Native on Jag CD

nico89

yesterday i've got my Jag-CD :cool: and i've played the demo of Native that can be download on duranik.com. But what's happened with that game? if it has been finished, i think it could be a great game!! i like that demo verry much!! :love:

sorry but my English is not verry good....... :ponder:

yesterday i've got my Jag-CD :cool: and i've played the demo of Native that can be download on duranik.com. But what's happened with that game? if it has been finished, i think it could be a great game!! i like that demo verry much!! :love:

sorry but my English is not verry good....... :ponder:

No worries.

Unfortuntely it was never finished, nor do Duranik (the original developers) have any intention to finish it (they long since left the Jag scene.

The source code however is available, and over the years many have intended to finish it.

This may still come to pass, one never knows, but it won't be finished by Duranik.

The link you gave is not in the Native game demo. That is a mock-up of a boss that could have been. There are no bosses, sounds, or working power-ups in the released demo. NTSC displays have issues with jumping and color flicker. The background image doesn't extend to the screen edges, leaving black space. There's a squished planet. The begining credits move too slowly... hash and astricks don't return you to the begining of the level. However, there is at least one version that did correct these things and will be worked on further.

The link you gave is not in the Native game demo. That is a mock-up of a boss that could have been. There are no bosses, sounds, or working power-ups in the released demo. NTSC displays have issues with jumping and color flicker. The background image doesn't extend to the screen edges, leaving black space. There's a squished planet. The begining credits move too slowly... hash and astricks don't return you to the begining of the level. However, there is at least one version that did correct these things and will be worked on further.

Interesting, I didn't know all of that about Native, I hope it gets finished! :D

• 3 months later...

I just got it w/ Protector SE and have to say it was good I think it was better than Protector, but then it ends, I was wondering if it could ever be completed then the Jag would have another great game to brag about...Seeing what was coming down the pike for Jag for year95-96 if Atari could of held it together for one more year and only got out 1/2 of those games then I realy don't think that I would have such a hard time defending the Jafg being 64 bit and a great system as it stands it is remebered as a 1 yr bump (Temptest 2K, Iron Soldier, AvsP, DOOM, Wolf 3D, Kasaumi, Checkerd Flag, Rayman) till the Saturn came out and the system was forgoten.

So hopefully someone will see the potential to make Native full version and sell it....on Cart or CD

If your using CDRs of a decent quality, burning the .nrg & .cdi Duranik Native pre-made CD images at 2x or 8x maximum speed and making sure your computers' CPU is not being redlined and then testing it on your working JagCD unit with and without a bypass cart. And it still does not work, then I'm not really sure what your doing wrong, and I don't think it's necessary to hold A B or C upon power up.

If people would like to buy a glass-mastered copy of the Native Demo with full-color screened print on the disc, I have probably, oh, I don't know, 500+ copies available. :) I'd sell them for $3 each plus regular Songbird flate-rate shipping. Anyone interested? If so, I'll add another item to my online catalog. :D

nativecd_small.jpg

If people would like to buy a glass-mastered copy of the Native Demo with full-color screened print on the disc, I have probably, oh, I don't know, 500+ copies available. :) I'd sell them for $3 each plus regular Songbird flate-rate shipping. Anyone interested? If so, I'll add another item to my online catalog. :D

nativecd_small.jpg

Is this an encrypted version that doesn't require Protector: S.E.? (Sorry I had to sell mine(P:SE), though I do intend to buy another copy one day soon)

Speaking of which, isn't there a JagCD encryption bypass cd image for download somewhere? Or is someone selling them?

Edited by Gunstar

Just want to remind people that in many cases (dpending on the TV/monitor) that the color is screwed up on this demo for NTSC users. I personally made a custom Jaguar RGB cable for use with my SC1224 monitor, originally for just for proper color (the monitor can handle 50Hz refresh). of course everything looks amazing on the jaguar in RGB, and If you think Native looks good in composite or S-video, you ain't seen nothin' if you ain't seen it in RGB.

Edited by Gunstar