IGNORED

how does NTSC 7800 plug in to TV?

mimo

Like it says, I am thinking about getting an NTSC 7800, but what sort of connector is used for the TV?

I have a PAL (NTSC compatible) CRT telly, but only has RF,Scart and phono inputs.

Thanks

Mike

Anyone got a cheapo NTSC 7800 btw (so I can play PMP without the graphix problems)

Unless your PAL TV does NTSC through RF (99% of them do not), you'll need to get yourself a composite or S-video modified NTSC 7800 instead. Which I own :)

Well, if the NTSC RF output is anything like the PAL quality, I would have to do that mod anyway.

Did you do it yourself Mayhem, of get someone else to do it?

Fancy doing anotherone? :?:

I bought mine pre-modded from someone here on AA. Forgot who offhand, might have been Kamino. Only bummer is that it appears to mute Pokey sound a bit, so I need to perform a fix on the board at some point.

Just bought a French 7800 so thats got rgb :?

Any way to turn it into a NTSC, I know it is possible on the 8 bit computers

The european atari consoles have the rca plug on the console, but the other end of the rf-cable have a IEC 169-2 connector (wich is the standard antenna connector in europe), so they don't need the switchbox. If you buy a ntsc console you can use a cable from a pal 2600 or 7800 (they are the same) or simply cut one end of the original cable and replace the rca jack with the right connector.

As Mayhem pointed out you need a TV set (or a VHS) which accept a ntsc signal through rf.

The european atari consoles have the rca plug on the console, but the other end of the rf-cable have a IEC 169-2 connector (wich is the standard antenna connector in europe), so they don't need the switchbox. If you buy a ntsc console you can use a cable from a pal 2600 or 7800 (they are the same) or simply cut one end of the original cable and replace the rca jack with the right connector.

As Mayhem pointed out you need a TV set (or a VHS) which accept a ntsc signal through rf.

Thanks, thats cleared things up