IGNORED

The next Tempest

The Helper

Its called Space Giraffe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPaFJQce1Sw

From Jeff Minter. This is the latest evolution of Tempest 2000. Not too bad but I still get lost in it just like Tempest 3000. Also, if you watch the video to the second level, the square one, that reminds me so much of Breakout 2000.

I have been doing a bunch of History reading and found a bunch of Jeff Minter's history on his llamasoft website. It is some pretty good stuff.

Looks like Jeff is on with the XBox now. His VLM3 or Xeon is the visualization player in 360 just like VLM2 for the Nuon and the original VLM for the Jaguar.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Man is he incredible...did I miss this info or did anyone mention the platform this

is for?

I think Im blind now just from trying to follow what was going on. Some of the

most impressive effects indeed but just way too busy. My one and only complaint

with the other Tempest updates. Either he is doing serious LSD or he is simply on

a whole different plane than we. I really think he is made of silicon, this Minter guy.

Amazing though, nonetheless.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for kicking up an old topic, but I just wanted to say it got released today for a cheap 400MS points. I bought it and it's a lot like Tempest, although not the same! In T2K you get a jump powerup and you can jump as many times as you want. In SG you get jump pods, so you have to becareful when you use them. Because if you're out, you could be done for :). Another thing I like over T2K is that you're always shooting and this time you can change the direction you're shooting.

The level structure looks a lot like T2K and even the enemies (I've played until level 11, there are 100 levels so who know's what's still out there :-)) look familiar. Those anoying spikes are also there. Remember the "Yes! Yes! Yes" with the pitch getting higher and higher? Well, it's in SG as well, although not as cool as in T2K.

Graphic effects are wicked and it's a cool experience. But, just like T2K, with everything that's going on it's hard to oversee what's happening. But I guess that's just part of the game.

So, who besides me got this game as well?

Oh, and next week Sensible Soccer on Xbox Live Arcade :-).

Thanks, we need more smilies here at AA & JSII.

When I see Minterspost-9089-1187837669.gif work on the 360's NEONpost-9089-1187837106.gifand Space Giraffe it makes me want to buy one so I can enjoy his latest console works. I also remember him saying he plays Pink Floyd in his lightsynths and that makes me want to take mushrooms and party!! His VLM(Jag), VLM2(NUON), & NEON(360) visualizers are Great! at partiespost-9089-1187837874.gif - get a lot of attention and are a conversation piece.

post-9089-1187836889.gifpost-9089-1187836933.gif=post-9089-1187836950.gif