IGNORED

Atari rainbow logo

RichG1972

I need to re-create the cover for my Atari scorebook, the logo is the ATARI rainbow colored fuji outlined in black and the word ATARI in blue under it, I ave it in a smaller format but I am looking for the larger one, can anyone help me? I need the logo so that it basically is the size of the monitor screen or basically clear in a full screen mode to where it will fill the cover of an 8 and a half x 11 sheet of paperto where the logo is not only correctly centered but where the fuji and ATARI letters go from exact to to bottom without any change in the aspect ratio and is perfectly sharp and clear. Please can someone help me?

RichG1972

If needed I have a picture of the smaller logo and here that is:

post-2131-1171494860.jpg

Edited by RichG1972

I need to re-create the cover for my Atari scorebook, the logo is the ATARI rainbow colored fuji outlined in black and the word ATARI in blue under it, I ave it in a smaller format but I am looking for the larger one, can anyone help me? I need the logo so that it basically is the size of the monitor screen or basically clear in a full screen mode to where it will fill the cover of an 8 and a half x 11 sheet of paperto where the logo is not only correctly centered but where the fuji and ATARI letters go from exact to to bottom without any change in the aspect ratio and is perfectly sharp and clear. Please can someone help me?

RichG1972

Can anyone help me at all?

you can easily readjust the size in Photoshop without losing too much quality. And, if the re-sized picture proves to be too blurry for you, filters and tweaks can help. If you don't have photoshop, grab a person that does and hold them at gunpoint to make them do it.

At least that's what I do.

RichG1972

I have a font called "SF Atarian System" that I got from somewhere on the web, which is the font (or closely resembles the font) used to write "ATARI." It's a true type font, so I can make it as big as I want, and it includes both the fuji symbol by itself, plus the fuji with "ATARI" under it, shown here:

post-7456-1171524701_thumb.jpg

I can make the "ATARI" logo blue, and I can fill the fuji with the 128 rainbow colors from the Atari's palette, but how big do you want it, etc.?

Or you can search for the font name on the internet, and work with it yourself. The fuji by itself is the asterisk, and the fuji with the "ATARI" logo under it is the "at" symbol (@).

Michael

Additionally , if you're familiar with Adobe Illustrator you can simply download the vector logo, and edit 'til your heart's content.

It might be a tad easier to work with , and you'll be able to increase/decrease the outline as needed. Also , you'll have greater flexibility over the gradient.

So just for the record , are you wanting both an 8 1/2" x 11" cover sheet with an Atari logo , and also a Windows desktop wallpaper? I'm asking because , or I'm just not reading it right , something in reference to the monitor. Your PC monitor and a sheet of paper are two completely resolutions.

if you're familiar with Adobe Illustrator you can simply download the vector logo, and edit 'til your heart's content.

Thank you for posting that link, I had no idea there was a vector logo out there! The "SF Atarian System" TrueType font that I mentioned is all over the place-- just search for it in Google or Yahoo! and you'll see dozens of font download sites that have it-- but the vector logo looks a lot cleaner. :)

So just for the record , are you wanting both an 8 1/2" x 11" cover sheet with an Atari logo , and also a Windows desktop wallpaper? I'm asking because , or I'm just not reading it right , something in reference to the monitor. Your PC monitor and a sheet of paper are two completely resolutions.

I had that same confusion when I read his request, which is why I asked him about the size. And the resolution is another factor, because something that fills a 640x480 screen will *not* fill an 800x600 screen, or 1024x768, 1280x960, 1600x1200, etc. The DPI also matters for the printed image. So if he wants two different images-- one to fill his monitor screen with, and another to print on 8.5"x11" paper-- then we need to know his screen resolution for the video version, and the DPI he wants to print with for the paper version. :)

Michael

• 12 years later...

Had not heard of that SF Atari font. Looks neat; thanks for mentioning it. Did a quick search; here's three places which should have it:

http://www.911fonts.com/font/download_SFAtarianSystemBold_9104.htm

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/9284

https://www.fontspace.com/category/1980s,atari

Edited by pacman000