IGNORED

OK I was wrong...

rxd

I have to admit I was 100% wrong in avoiding online play and I want to thank the people here who posted telling me to give it a shot. I just finished around 12 Joust games in a row, after playing a game of Heavy Weapon and about 2 games of Uno. This stuff is fun. I still suck and yesterday I got smoked in Lost Planet and I'm still to chicken play Gears of War online, but this online playing is great. And like most of you said, most everyone seems cool. Totally glad I gave this Xbox live gaming a shot. Way cool...

Xbox Live (or just online gaming in general) is great. It's fun, challenging and a great experience altogether. Of course people who use hacks, cheats and glitches screw it up for everyone, but when you get yourself a nice core of players, for example on your xbox live friends list, to play on a rather consistant basis you never really have to worry about that stuff :) Glad you're havin a good time!

Edited by JagMX
  • Like 1

I don't know, I'm still not convinced, and I have played online.

Most of what I play is the NBA 2K games, and people who play those online don't play fair. :sad:

As for Lost PLanet, people are pretty cool. I also haven't tried Gears of War online either.

I'll play some 2k7 with you if you'd like. I guarantee you I'll play fair, but I can't guarantee that I'll give you a challenge.

I'm glad you like Live rxd. I'm always down for some Uno. :)

Most of what I play is the NBA 2K games, and people who play those online don't play fair. :sad:

How do they not play fair? Aren't you each playing by the same rules and settings?

Let's say a 5"3 point guard just mauls everyone over and goes for a dunk. That doesn't happen in basketball at all, and if I try it, it doesn't work in the game either. Maybe some people have found ways for this to work, but it ruins the experience for me.

How do they not play fair? Aren't you each playing by the same rules and settings?

Let's say a 5"3 point guard just mauls everyone over and goes for a dunk. That doesn't happen in basketball at all, and if I try it, it doesn't work in the game either. Maybe some people have found ways for this to work, but it ruins the experience for me.

I agree... the 2k sports games were the last time I played online (with a week or online with the xbox a few years back but that was only to play arcade games and scoreboard watch) and had the same issues with cheaters etc. It ruined my experience.

The advent of the 360 with gamertags and surfing on sites like AA there are people you talk to that you can play against and at least you could have a friend to play against other than your buddies down the street. The idea of gaming with a bunch of kids is not what I want.

Whether I get myself a 360 or a PS3 I will make sure I find a way to play online with people on AA... even if I get killed a ton, it's ok. I just have no patience for the general public. :) (Unless I became godlike at a game... not likely to occur though :( )