IGNORED

sweetsstuff4u ships boxed game in bubble envelope

holygrailvideogames.com

I bought a boxed game (actually 2 - still waiting on the 2nd one) from sweetsstuff4u. It arrived today with the box smooshed. He shipped it in a bubble envelope even after I asked him to ship it in a box so that it wouldn't get destroyed. This guy has 2000+ feedback. How the hell did he get a 99.9% feedback rating? He was fine as a buyer but a real disapointment as a seller.

I won't be buying from him again.

I bought a boxed game (actually 2 - still waiting on the 2nd one) from sweetsstuff4u. It arrived today with the box smooshed. He shipped it in a bubble envelope even after I asked him to ship it in a box so that it wouldn't get destroyed. This guy has 2000+ feedback. How the hell did he get a 99.9% feedback rating? He was fine as a buyer but a real disapointment as a seller.

I won't be buying from him again.

That is definitely one of my Atari pet peeves .........hate when people ship boxed games in an envelope! :x

I really wish you would have read this before even bidding on something from that guy. He's already let down a few other members on this board. :x

Seems like bad news all around.

He must have read because he posted on the topic as well! :ponder:

He's posted in other forums too.. in a very cocky and arogant way too. He even stated that his only interest in Atari goods was for profit. I wouldn't buy from somebody like that cause it just shows how little he cares for what he's peddling and the smashed box is a prime example.

Edited by EmOneGarand

I would not be surprised if he's doing this on purpose to get back at people on this forum. He actually threatened me with legal action when someone posted his personal details on the forum (although this info is also now posted on at least one other forum). :roll: That he's shipping boxed games in bubble mailers is icing on the cake--especially from someone who is raping the Jaguar community with his prices. He can certainly afford to buy new boxes to ship packages in--they are not expensive at all if you buy from the right sources.

..Al

I would not be surprised if he's doing this on purpose to get back at people on this forum. He actually threatened me with legal action when someone posted his personal details on the forum (although this info is also now posted on at least one other forum). :roll: That he's shipping boxed games in bubble mailers is icing on the cake--especially from someone who is raping the Jaguar community with his prices. He can certainly afford to buy new boxes to ship packages in--they are not expensive at all if you buy from the right sources.

..Al

I have to wonder. I read the previous post and was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I read on DP that the same thing happened to someone else on there.

Scott21 from DP posted the following:

"Wow no joke..

I sold him about $350 worth of jaguar stuff a few months ago. Stupid me was in a rush and forgot to get delivery confirmation. Within 3 days of shipping it he filed to paypal for unrecieved items. Of course he got them, and re-listed them on ebay and of course paypal said I had no proof that they were mine.

So in the end I got burned for being in a rush, but it's sad to hear its happened to someone else Very shady/immature person. Here's some funny quotes from the paypal dispute:

From buyer: Sweets Stuff 4 U on 11/8/2006 13:52 PST

I UNDERSTAND PARCAL POST IS 2 TO 9 DAY I STILL DO NOT HAVE THEM ITS BEEN THAT LONG AND MORE I WILL GIVE TILL FRIDAY UNTILL I ESCALATE TO FULL CLAIM WITH PAYPAL I THINK THAT IS MORE THEN FAIR

From buyer: Sweets Stuff 4 U on 11/8/2006 15:30 PST

I GO TO POST OFFICE EVERYDAY TO SEE IF THE PACKAGE IS THERE THEY SAY NO

and last but not least:

From Buyer: Sweets Stuff 4 U on 11/10/2006 10:52 PST

it has been to long even for parcal post i lost a whole lot of money by not getting these games"

Has anyone sent some negative feedback on this guy.If i asked him to ship it in a box and he didnt i think some words would be in order(and some sort of refund).This guy sounds like bad news and should be "black listed".I hate to do that to someone but he cant get away doing the stuff he is doing.I guess all we can do is get the word out on how he does his sales and dealings as it were and if he is doing what he is doing(sending boxed items in bubble envelopes)so they can get smashed during mailing out of spite or revenge then he deserves what ever he gets.I hope am wrong about this guy but it sure doesnt sound like it.

I bought some used carts from SS4U a while back. Although the shipping was very expensive, he did put them into a decent-quality box.

I don't follow the other Atari scenes closely, but with Jaguar, he's been paying top-dollar for rare items and then trying to turn them over in his ebay 'store'. Since the word is out now to avoid SS4U, I've noticed that he's getting very few bids on any of his Jag auctions.

As Albert says, he may be getting a bit disgruntled with the Atari community since the negative comments have been getting posted. Perhaps he's upset that he paid a lot of money for a huge stockpile of Jaguar items, and now he can't unload them for a healthy profit.

..Al

Can't you get boxes for free from the post if you have a ebay account?

You can get free boxes for Priority Mail shipping. You can even order them online and have them shipped to you for free. If he sent a game in a bubble mailer, I doubt he used Priority Mail though.

..Al

Oh, didn't know that. CanadaPost would never do something like a give away. They are the "take all you got and fuck it up on you" type. :roll:

I just bought Theme Park from Go Atari and they shipped the game in a bubble envelope. Luckily, the game was not smashed.

Don't these sellers think. If I am buying a paying a premium for having the game new and still shrink wrapped, why would I want it to arrive in worse than used condition? They are just trying to be greedy. If you can get free boxes from the post office, they are just stupid.

I just bought Theme Park from Go Atari and they shipped the game in a bubble envelope. Luckily, the game was not smashed.

Don't these sellers think. If I am buying a paying a premium for having the game new and still shrink wrapped, why would I want it to arrive in worse than used condition? They are just trying to be greedy. If you can get free boxes from the post office, they are just stupid.

I haven't bought from Go Atari in years but when I bought from them in the past they always shipped the items in a box. Pretty much every boxed game that I have received in a bubble envelope has arrived smooshed. The only exception was when someone sent Super Cobra to me in a bubble envelope. The Parker Brothers box was able to withstand the bubble envelope.

I can see someone who is not a game dealer shipping a boxed game in a bubble envelope. I don't understand at all when game dealers do this.

I can see someone who is not a game dealer shipping a boxed game in a bubble envelope. I don't understand at all when game dealers do this.

Greed. Bubble envelopes are much cheaper than boxes, plus they don't require any additional packing material. Additionally, they are much lighter than a box, so the seller saves money on shipping also. People who don't give a rat's ass about customer satisfication will penny pinch any way they can once they get your money.

..Al

Greed. Bubble envelopes are much cheaper than boxes, plus they don't require any additional packing material. Additionally, they are much lighter than a box, so the seller saves money on shipping also. People who don't give a rat's ass about customer satisfication will penny pinch any way they can once they get your money.

I wonder if it would be practical for packaging to be a hybrid of a box and a bag? For example, if one were shipping a game box that measured 5"x7"x0.7" and the box was covered with "disposable" shrink-wrap, I would think that putting a 24.5"x0.75" piece of half-corrugated cardboard (designed for flex on the short axis) around the box could offer a fair bit of protection. The cardboard would have to be secured to the box (thus the need for disposable shrink-wrap) but I would think that could be a cost- and labor-efficient method for shipping many games in similar-sized boxes.

..Al

I get Free priority ones from the post office all the time mailed to me!