IGNORED

Now for a Commercial for my favorite Atari game for the 2600

Atarimania75

Super Breakout is my favorite paddle game for the 2600. If I play warlords its on the 5200. Kaboom I just can't stand and never really understood why it is so popular. Beat'em & Eat'em is also a good paddle game, but not many folks seem to like it.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Atari commercial

AND THIS GAME STILL ROCKS! :lust:

:lol: You know, this really seems to be a common formula in those old video game commercials:

1. Mom takes interest in son's/husband's video game.

2. Mom is intrigued, but can't quite familiarize herself with the controls right away.

3. All of a sudden, Mom becomes a pro and kicks ass (in this case, Dad's).

4. Mom throws her arms up in victory. Her losing male counterpart(s) laughs sheepishly.

5. Cut to game/company logo.

I could be wrong, but I swear I've seen this same theme used in about a half dozen other game commercials.

I wish my Mom would play Atari with me! She hates video games.

But yeah, Super Breakout is a great game. It had a hypnotic effect on me growing up. All those rows of bright colors...

Atari commercial

AND THIS GAME STILL ROCKS! :lust:

I wish my Mom would play Atari with me! She hates video games.

:lol: You know, this really seems to be a common formula in those old video game commercials:

1. Mom takes interest in son's/husband's video game.

2. Mom is intrigued, but can't quite familiarize herself with the controls right away.

3. All of a sudden, Mom becomes a pro and kicks ass (in this case, Dad's).

4. Mom throws her arms up in victory. Her losing male counterpart(s) laughs sheepishly.

5. Cut to game/company logo.

I could be wrong, but I swear I've seen this same theme used in about a half dozen other game commercials.

But anyway, Super Breakout is indeed a great game. It had a hypnotic effect on me growing up. All those rows of bright colors...

ETA: Double post was accidental. I was trying to edit my original message, not re-post it. Sorry! :-/

Edited by Hulsie

Super Breakout is my favorite paddle game for the 2600. If I play warlords its on the 5200. Kaboom I just can't stand and never really understood why it is so popular. Beat'em & Eat'em is also a good paddle game, but not many folks seem to like it.

I agree. All novelty value aside, I think Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em is a great game. Sure, it's gleefully offensive, but I also find it legitimately fun to play as well. I think Kaboom is all right, but I was never a huge devotee of it either.