IGNORED

NES High Score Club Week #25 - Ninja Gaiden

vdub_bobby

Get out your sword and brush up on your wall-clinging skills - it's time for Ninja Gaiden!

Post a score and let's get this thing rolling!

Please post any tips you may have - best tip gets 1 bonus point!

And if anyone has a link to the manual, please post it. LarcenTyler found it. :)

Note: Only scores achieved by playing a new game, from the beginning, will count - no continues! And no leeching: keep moving forward. :)

This week's competition ends next Tuesday (Feb 27) morning at approximately 8:00 am PST.

This week's standings:

185,700 vdub_bobby (+10 pts)

122,800 8th lutz (+8 pts)

77,400 LarcenTyler (+6 pts)

51,200 gdement (+4 pts)

44,700 ewing92 (+2 pts)

Twin Galaxies High Scores

110,900 Jon Taber

Overall standings:

1. rjchamp3 (140 pts)

2. vdub_bobby (104 pts)

3. LarcenTyler (69 pts)

4. figgler (54 pts)

5. galaxy warrior (53 pts)

6. 8th lutz (51 pts)

7. Cybergoth (49 pts)

8. MetalSlime23 (46 pts)

9. mojofltr (40 pts)

10. gdement (38 pts)

11. bust3dstr8 (36 pts)

12. nester (29 pts)

13. Slayer (18 pts)

14. Malc74 (13 pts)

15. HeckYesIDid (11 pts)

16. shadow460 (8 pts)

17. RJ (5 pts)

18. keilbaca (4 pts)

18. mightymage (4 pts)

20. MCHufnagel (2 pts)

20. remowilliams (2 pts)

20. Kami68k (2 pts)

23. BrianC (1 pts)

23. NightSprinter (1 pts)

Game Info

Originally released in 1988 by Tecmo for the arcades, ported by Tecmo to the NES in 1989.

Other platforms: DOS, Game Gear, Lynx, Sega Master System, TurboGrafx-16

Sequels/spinoffs: Ninja Gaiden Episode II: The Dark Sword Of Chaos (Arcade, DOS, NES, 1990), Ninja Gaiden: Shadow (Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, Game Boy, ZX Spectrum, 1990), Ninja Gaiden Episode III: The Ancient Ship Of Doom (Arcade, Lynx, NES, 1991), Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (SNES, 1995), Ninja Gaiden (Xbox, 2004), Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox, 2005)

Tips

None yet.

Edited by vdub_bobby

Time to find the dog some earplugs.

If I remember correctly some parts of this game are friggin' broken.

Eagles and cliffs pop into my head for some reason.

I may not get a score in this weak seeing as my cart will be smashed after 20 minutes of play.

Yes, this game brings back memories for me as well. It's up there with Castlevania as one of the most aggravating games I ever tried to play. I always got... frustrated... with that jump back into a hole when hit thing.

I got to the level 2 boss once, but died. I remember a friend and I getting further into this game when we were younger, but I also used to yell and throw things back then too. :)

post-5182-1172318156_thumb.png

okay, well i got to level 2-2, but the levels before that are so fuckin easy, and then all of a sudden, one level changes and it is like near impossible. All because of the "jump back into a hole when hit thing" WTF i mena were these developers wired on crack or something? how could being thrown back 15 ft when you get hit possibly be a thing that people think is fun and enjoyable? i mean, the guy at the begining of the 2-2 level killed me 8 times in a row everytime i jumped over to attack him, but i learned the technique, jump a little closer to the edge and then you wont bounce bac as soon as you hit him. Well, the second part of level 2-2 is extremely easy, as once you get the art of fire wheel thing on, you are invincible and yuo just get through there easy, then, holy fuck, here comes the third part of level 2-2, holy shit is it hard...

here is my score, i had to stop before i busted my controller into a thousand pieces...

Edited by ewing92