IGNORED

Poll for Systems, Which to keep, Which to Ditch

TuzenTCA

Which system would you keep?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I have to get rid of a majority of these systems, which one would you keep?

• Sega Genesis w/ CD and 32X
    • Sega Nomad
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Master System
    • Super Nintendo
    • Nintendo Entertainment System
    • N64
    • Original Gameboy
    • Playstation 2
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Atari 7800
    • Atari 2600
    • Ditch everything but Atari
    • TI-99/4A

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I plan on keeping my XBOX 360 for modern games, my Heavy Sixer, and 7800 for classic games, and perhaps my NES for a early transitional period system. I have already sold my Colecovision, Intellivision, C64, and Odyssey I & II.

I have second thought about getting rid of my Saturn because it is a good system in my eyes, as well as the Genesis, and Dreamcast.

Please put your truthful input in because I have several of these systems I need to clear out because space is more valuable than things to fill space.

Thanks,

James

I got rid of old game systems and computers at various times, mostly because I needed money. I regret getting rid of them. Each item represents a specific time in my past. Not only did the systems and computers go, but so did the games and any programs I created.

Although I don't have my original Atari 2600, at least I have most of my games, although I traded some of them away which I mentally kick myself for once in a while.

If your old systems are part of your past, find a way to keep them, even if you have to seal them up in plastic containers and ask a trustworthy relative to keep them for you for a while.

Keep the portables, they eat very little space, and are over all cheap to maintain and get new games for.

Also the Dreamcast, short of good handheld emulation, it can emulate just about everything else on your list.

Other than that, most of my favorite games are on the SNES, though that would depend on what games you like. And you already said you were keeping the Atari.

Dont get rid if any of em,

if u must get rid of Gameboy and get a super gameboy or a gb player for GC

Ditch the master and get a power base converter for the genesis

IK your big into TI/99 but that will need to go as well, not exactially a small system :P

Never get rid of the nomad, or ull have a hell of a time getting it back, or you will end up paying 80-100

I picked the DC. I love the games I have for the Dreamcast, plus when it comes to graphics, it really isn't too shabby. Crazy Taxi still looks pretty nice to me even though the DC first made its debut 8 years ago. Runner up for me would be the Saturn... I'm not really sure why. Perhaps I just enjoyed NiGHTS enough that I really don't see myself ever getting rid of the system. It's just a nifty system.

And next up would be the Genesis/CD/32x combo... that gives you a pretty big library of games to choose from. And besides - who doesn't like the idea of a genesis that is pimped out to the max? :P