IGNORED

Ouch! 7 360s for this poor fella!

Antneed

when is the new 360 with the nicer chip coming out.

what im worried about in getting a 360 is not necessarily it dieing while under warranty, but it dieing in a couple years when ths warranty is null and void. i collect a lot of systems, i dont need to have this die in 10 years when my saturn is 20 years old and kicking as strong as it did the day it came out of the box.

Last summer all the trouble happened when my launch system died. (system #1)

They send me a refurb. Lasted a week. (#2)

Sent me another refurb system. DOA. (#3)

I screamed and yelled.

As compensation I got a 3 year warranty, a couple of launch titles (that I already had) and a brand new system. (#4)

Lasted almost a year.

They are sending me the coffin (what us lucky :roll: customers call the UPS box for your dead 360).

Just lucky I guess. This time I splurge for the nyko fan in hopes that it will help.

Thanks for the advice on Nyko.

Looks like the only good one out there is the one that glows.

(silly glowing fan stand)

However, it doesn't use the 360's power supply.

It has it's own plug.

The only reason I chose Nyko was because it was the only one that didn't make me stand it up.

I guess I will have some re-arranging to do.

Just to show you all how long this fine process takes...

Called in bad system on 3/20

Received my coffin (return box) yesterday 3/27. Rushed to UPS to send it back out yesterday.

The best part was that this time the only instructions in the box were in Spanish.

Good thing I have done this a few times to know what to do.

I'll let you know when I get one back, and how long that lasts.

Crap. I'm calling MS tonight to deal with my dead 360 (my first one). I'm sure I will have to do without it for 2 or 3 weeks.

Closer to three weeks, although I suppose the closer you are to Texas the better.

Be prepared to get a refurb back.

If you can catch the UPS guy, have him wait while you pack your old one up so you can just

give it right back to him. (only takes 2 minutes) It will save you a day of waiting.

I think I may buy a mini-fridge to store mine in. :roll:

Certainly not pointing to any ones case in particular - but where/how are you guys housing your 360s?

I have mine on a special console shelf with fully open front and back sides. And the power supplies are kept on an open area hard wood surface to avoid carpet heat suffocation. The 360 supply actually has spacers in the front and back to lift it and allow complete air circulation, something MS probably should have done.

I know when I moved a few years back I started having all kinds of problems with my electrical devices. Turns out it was a power issue. Purchasing a UPS system solved all my problems.

In fact after it managed to kill the hard drive in my original xbox (one I spent many hours putting stuff on). I went and got a UPS for all my consoles since my son uses them the most.

I know when I moved a few years back I started having all kinds of problems with my electrical devices. Turns out it was a power issue. Purchasing a UPS system solved all my problems.

In fact after it managed to kill the hard drive in my original xbox (one I spent many hours putting stuff on). I went and got a UPS for all my consoles since my son uses them the most.

Line conditioners are always a good idea when dealing with electronic equipment. :thumbsup:

My cousin's 360 took a dump this past weekend while he was playing Crackdown. Hopefully he gets a replacement that lasts a lot longer.

Certainly not pointing to any ones case in particular - but where/how are you guys housing your 360s?

I have mine on a special console shelf with fully open front and back sides. And the power supplies are kept on an open area hard wood surface to avoid carpet heat suffocation. The 360 supply actually has spacers in the front and back to lift it and allow complete air circulation, something MS probably should have done.

My 360 sits on it's own shelf next to the TV. There is plenty of ventilation around it. I even had it sharing the shelf with the Wii for a while (which gets pretty warm) and had no problems for months.

Damn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QPL9Ak0-c...onsole%2Enet%2F

:ponder:

What do people do with their consoles, none of mine ever break. :?

I have never had a system break. Ever. Atari 7800, 2600, Master System, Xbox, Gamecube, N-Gage, Odyssey 2, etc, not one problem. Well, I guess my NES was shit, but then, so was every NES.

Until I started visiting forums, I wasn't aware it was even a problem, let alone a widespread one.

Damn.

Well, I had been using mine for a DVD player as well as a game system since I only have 3 component connections on the back of my TV (One for my HD satellite receiver, one for the Wii, and one for the 360). Still, using the 360 in this way shouldn't be a problem.

My 360 has it's own shelf on the entertainment center.

Surrounded by lots of free space.

My thermostat is at 70 all year round.

Anyway, according to UPS, my 5th Xbox 360 since launch should be arriving

tonight.

Who wants to start the pool that it will be dead out of the box?

Or even better, last a week and then die again.

<love xbox but growing incredibly tired of this crap>

Well, it works.

Let's see how long it lasts this go around.

I crumbled and bought a fan.

The glow fan uses its own power supply and has an on/off switch so I can let it run after

I power off for a little while.

We'll see.

Got a confirmation email from MS today...hopefully I won't have to wait much longer. I really miss my 360...sniff

Dear Customer,

We have received your Xbox at our service center. It is our priority to process your Xbox in a timely manner and to get it back to you as good as new. We will contact you as soon as we are finished so you can get ready to get back into the game!

Thanks,

Xbox Customer Care

Edited by Lord Helmet

The glow fan uses its own power supply and has an on/off switch so I can let it run after

I power off for a little while.

You know, while we're on the subject - I have to say that standing the 360 upright (without cooling assistance) is an incredibly bad idea. Microsoft should not even have proposed using the system this way, it's just plain stupid due to the design. When upright you're effectively blocking almost all of the cool air intake into the unit.

I'd bet that a number of 360s have died just from this reason alone.

Damn.

:lolblue:

They use them to play videogames. Apparently, this is not reccomended.

I'm no MS hater but I'm sure glad I saved my $$. I learned my lesson with MS's gaming division with my original xbox.

Well, UPS tried to deliver my 360 yesterday, but no one was home, so I went to the distribution place and picked it up this afternoon. We'll see if all is well when I get home from work this evening.

As an added bonus, they did give me a month of xbox live gold for my trouble .

I think I'd rather have had some MS points.