IGNORED

Really stuck in SOTN

Hey, haven't been posting in a while here. But I figured I could ask this here, figured there would be a vania fan or five. I'm really stuck in SOTN, I need to get the mist transformation, but it's in the colloseum(sp?) and I can't figure out how to get in there. I really need some help, thanks a lot.

Hey, haven't been posting in a while here. But I figured I could ask this here, figured there would be a vania fan or five. I'm really stuck in SOTN, I need to get the mist transformation, but it's in the colloseum(sp?) and I can't figure out how to get in there. I really need some help, thanks a lot.

If anyone would know - hubbs would. He can play that entire game in his sleep and collect everything. I'll make sure he sees this thread if no one helps you by a bit later. :)

It should be in the room right after you beat the Werewolf and Minotaurus.

Tempest

Tempest

See that's the thing, I can't get into the colloseum at all. There's a stone pillar blocking the path there.

Tempest

See that's the thing, I can't get into the colloseum at all. There's a stone pillar blocking the path there.

Are you in the right spot? I think that pillar gets taken down later. I think the first time you go to the colloseum you go through the upper left area in Orlox's Quarters. It's been a long time though.

Tempest

Here's the map of the 1st castle. the Colosseum is right there. You gotta enter it from the right.

Basically you go to where the big clock is and wait until the upper left part opens up. (I believe it opens up every couple of minutes) Then you just jump up that passage and bam you'll be there in no time.

Oh, I just realized you might have to use the stopwatch in the clock room first. That will open up the top-right passage.

Just find a stop watch weapon, go to the big clock room, and use it.

post-31-1172267085_thumb.jpg

Jesus I had no idea, thanks a million. I love the game but strange and arbitrary puzzles like this are driving me bonkers.

Well.. it aint too arbitrary. You go into this room with a big clock, and everything turns silent. No music, etc. Did that not intrigue you as to what's going on there? It's different from anywhere else in the castle isnt it.

Either a. You stick around and see if anything happens when the clock hits certain times. Or b. After playing so much you know you have a stopwatch weapon, so it should enter your mind, "what happens if I stop time.. will the clock stop too?". etc :P But yeah like I said at the very least anyone should have stuck around and seen if anything special happens at certain times ;)

Edited by NE146

Well.. it aint too arbitrary. You go into this room with a big clock, and everything turns silent. No music, etc. Did that not intrigue you as to what's going on there? It's different from anywhere else in the castle isnt it.

Either a. You stick around and see if anything happens when the clock hits certain times.

The passage that alternates open and shut every minute is forced visible. You're GUARANTEED to see it open or shut during the Maria conversation in that room.

Or b. After playing so much you know you have a stopwatch weapon, so it should enter your mind, "what happens if I stop time.. will the clock stop too?". etc :P

I think that was the entire reason I grabbed the stopwatch, was just to see what it did to the clock. It's not worth crap in SotN.