IGNORED

The Making of Imagic - great classic TV episode

Mindfield

Did anyone save these videos? I'd like to get my hands on them so I can host them here on AtariAge for those who haven't seen them. I wasn't aware that YouTube had taken them down. :roll:
I also saved the videos (and I think I still have the MPEG conversions that I made so I could burn them to VCD). Let me know if you'd like me to FTP them to you.

Did anyone save these videos? I'd like to get my hands on them so I can host them here on AtariAge for those who haven't seen them. I wasn't aware that YouTube had taken them down. :roll:
I also saved the videos (and I think I still have the MPEG conversions that I made so I could burn them to VCD). Let me know if you'd like me to FTP them to you.

Those would be nice to have--I'll set you up with a space to FTP them to..

..Al

• 1 month later...

Who did the video description on that first video? A quote... "Back then the game was programmed on COBOL, a computer programing language (like UNIX)."

Edited by Zoyx

Who did the video description on that first video? A quote... "Back then the game was programmed on COBOL, a computer programing language (like UNIX)."

Same description as was on YouTube; either it's the same guy who uploaded it there or the person that did just C&P'ed the original description.

I'll update my OP's links with these -- thanks RT!

Damn!these classic gaming history documentaries are a blast to see!Does anyone know of any other documentaries like this,from whoever or whatever?

None that are in documentary format, at least not that I am aware of. There are self-promotional videos, and modern interview/anecdote videos (i.e. Once Upon Atari) but so far that Enterprise episode is the first real period documentary that I've come across. I would love to see more like it, but from what I understand, the idea of profiling a video game company was a little off the beaten path for documentary producers at the time, so who knows if any others even exist? One can hope, anyway.

Same description as was on YouTube; either it's the same guy who uploaded it there or the person that did just C&P'ed the original description.

I'll update my OP's links with these -- thanks RT!

That would be me. I just copied the clips over from Youtube. [At Livevideo we have an internal tool to do this.]

The churn-rate on videos on Youtube is so high I knew I had to extract those clips before they were gone.

Edited by mos6507

That would be me. I just copied the clips over from Youtube. [At Livevideo we have an internal tool to do this.]

The churn-rate on videos on YouTube is so high I knew I had to extract those clips before they were gone.

So you're krazyluvr!

What's up with LiveVideo anyway? By now my clips would have had dozens, maybe hundreds of views at YouTube, but at LiveVideo, I have almost nothing:

http://www.livevideo.com/RandomTerrain

I think it might have been a mistake getting myself kicked out of YouTube.

I downloaded all 3 episodes with the firefox browser,to my destop,copied them onto a cd-rom,and use Videolan to view them.Somehow i had a feeling the 3 episodes would be pulled off,luckily i trusted my hunch,and did this 15 days before they were pulled off ! :)

Edited by Rik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Did someone ever post the original hi-resolution version of this video?

I remember somebody doing this at one time but can't remember where I saw them. I think it was something like 300+ MB in total.

Thanks in advance,

Trem

I'm not sure where it was uploaded originally, but I'm sending it to my own server at the moment. When it's finished uploading you'll be able to download it with this link. IT's 287MB in MPG format, stitched together from the original 3 parts.

• Like 2

Did someone ever post the original hi-resolution version of this video?

I remember somebody doing this at one time but can't remember where I saw them. I think it was something like 300+ MB in total.

Thanks in advance,

Trem

I'm not sure where it was uploaded originally, but I'm sending it to my own server at the moment. When it's finished uploading you'll be able to download it with this link. IT's 287MB in MPG format, stitched together from the original 3 parts.

Thanks for posting that.

However, I'm now wondering which version of the file is more "original". There's some discussion earlier in the thread (2007) of some people encoding an .mpg using the flash youtube videos as a source. When you say this was stitched together, do you mean stitched together from the youtube files, or stitched from a more pure source?

I have the youtube .flv files and this .mpg both on my drive and it's hard to tell which is less degraded.

• 10 years later...

Hope nobody minds the necro-bump, but ScottithGames just uploaded a perfect copy of this incredible lost documentary.

As you can see from reading the comments in this thread, it is quite good! Had to share. I feel this belongs in the 2600 forum since it is directly about the first group of third-party software vendors for the Atari 2600. 

• Like 1