IGNORED

Syndicate

LS650

When I first had a copy of Syndicate 5 years ago, I didn't have a manual and couldn't figure out how the heck to play this game. AtariAge has copies of the manual, so I downloaded it and last night I spent a few hours playing Syndicate. Hey, this is a pretty cool game!

But first, the menu system to configure your cyborg team absolutely stinks. The menus are laid out awkwardly and are really cumbersome to navigate through. Since this is a conversion of the PC game, maybe using a mouse to click on the menus is a lot easier, but using the Jaguar's pad buttons really sucks.

However, the missions are really cool. I worked through the first three (out of 50!) last night. Once you know what the various keypad buttons do, it's not THAT difficult to move your agents around and do various tasks.

If you have never sat down and puzzled your way through the game, try giving it another chance with a copy of the manual handy. I think I'm going to write up a more thorough review in a few days....

Screenshot post-8320-1172413377_thumb.jpg

I'm a huge Syndicate fan :lust: :D

The Jag version is pretty good, but it really shines on the PC with better/cleaner graphics and most importantly - mouse control. I think the joy control and the relative complexity turned off a lot of Jag gamers, which is a shame.

And Syndicate Wars was one of my top favorite games of all time. Ah, the beautiful carnage of that game! :cool:

• 1 month later...