IGNORED

Release of new Atari VCS game "RasterFahndung"

Simon

I have a question about the gameplay: to sucessfully select the small pattern, can one click anywhere on it in the large pattern, or must it be a very precise selection (such as, top-left corner of the small pattern)?

Would be great to see a video of the game, first to get an idea about gameplay and second to have a peek at the intro...

I have a question about the gameplay: to sucessfully select the small pattern, can one click anywhere on it in the large pattern, or must it be a very precise selection (such as, top-left corner of the small pattern)?

Would be great to see a video of the game, first to get an idea about gameplay and second to have a peek at the intro...

Your cursor has to point at the top left corner of the search pattern, not anywhere in the 6 x 6 square.

The game competed in the 2006 Mini game compo and is downloadable in PAL format here: http://minigamecomp.org.uk/minigamecomp/20...terFahndung.zip

The sales cart contains both PAL and NTSC versions.

Later,

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

we have got two separate problems:

1) Even if I tested every RasterFahndung cartridge on my systems, there seem to be some problems with fitting the cart into some models of the VCS and 7800.

It always seems to fit and work into a 2600junior. So please use these consoles for playing.

I used standard Atari cartridges (Big Bird's Egg Catch), so I wonder why these don't fit into all models.

I'm not selling more cartridges at the moment, so only the people who ordered a copy by now, have or get a copy.

2) The website http://www.quernhorst.de/atari/ is currently not available due to problems at the hosting company. We try to get it up soon again.

Best regards,

Simon

Thanks for the communication! I haven't recieved mine yet but when it comes I'll try it in my 4-switch woody.

It wouldn't fit properly in any of my 15 or so 2600/7800 machines. Don't have any Jr's anymore though, I never cared for them and gave away the two that I had. The problem seems to be with the dust cover slider movement and the case. I snapped the cart apart and removed the dust cover slider and spring, and it now fits easily in all the systems.

I'd like to thank Simon for his quick responses to my emails (and super fast shipping!), and for what looks to be a challenging game :)

Haven't had much time with RF yet, but the very simple and unique premise belies the difficulty and the competitive fun with two players! :cool:

I like the idea of taking the dust protector off, I'll see if I can do that.

It's quite easy to get the case apart. There are no screws so just carefully apply pressure to the case sides and you should be able to pop it apart.

It doesn't work in my VCS and when I apply pressure nothing happens. I don't want to break the damn thing so what am I supposed to do?

Edited by rolenta

I've had issues with the dust cover on a couple of 2600 games when trying to use them on my 7800, but Raster is okay, if a little fiddly at times to push it in the slot. Having had a look at it, I think the issue might be that the cover doesn't appear to go back as far as I thought it would compared to the positioning of the circuit board. Unless my eyes or memory is going fuzzy on me.

Apart from that, it's a well constructed fun little game :)

It doesn't work in my VCS and when I apply pressure nothing happens. I don't want to break the damn thing so what am I supposed to do?

To unsnap the case halves you need to apply pressure on one half of the shell to induce a slight bowing and allow the plastic snaps (four in total, two per side) to disengage. I recommend that you gently apply pressure against one side half at a time if you are going to attempt opening the case.

I've had issues with the dust cover on a couple of 2600 games when trying to use them on my 7800, but Raster is okay, if a little fiddly at times to push it in the slot. Having had a look at it, I think the issue might be that the cover doesn't appear to go back as far as I thought it would compared to the positioning of the circuit board.

Yes, I believe that the dust slide not retracting enough is the problem. On all my many machines, had I used any more force than I did I would have broken the cart and/or slot. No amount of jiggling or re-seating will fix it.

Apart from that, it's a well constructed fun little game :)

Definitely agree! It's maddening two player fun for sure, I'll tell you that. :cool:

Hello,

thanks for your kind words and your support.

I'm sorry that the cart is not fitting nicely into everyone's consoles. There are the following options to get it working:

- use your 2600junior to play the game. It always plugs in nicely.

- open the cart and remove the dust cover. You can insert the pcb or the cart without dust cover then.

I hope that you still like the game.

Thanks,

Simon

• 13 years later...

We'll be playing Raster Fahndung on tomorrow's (Tue Jul 28) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

193394041_20200728-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.54fd1d4ea6cf497f98d13215fd51812b.jpg

• Thanks 1