IGNORED

Pong Upright need help selling *pics added*

Bose77

Hello people I'm new here and looking for some help on selling an original Pong upright machine (yellow with wood paneling). I've had it for about ten years after finding it in an old storage room being demoed. It is in excellent shape for being 30+. I just don't have the room for it anymore and was wondering if anyone here can give me some advice on selling it, ebay? I know the significance of this machine and don't want someone to end up with it who will abuse it, any ideas? BTW it works flawlessly and has no damage, it looks to be all original with the data sheet and manu. date stapled on the inside back door. Thanks

Edited by Bose77

If you have access to get some pics I think folks would be very interested. I am interested in the serial number. If its low enough, I'll pay to have it palleted and shipped as well as your asking price. It might be seeing how you are sort of in the motherland of all arcades :) well just north of it anyway :)

C

I'll post a link to some pics of it when I get home.

I am in shock. That is THE nicest piece I have seen in some time. Beautifully clean inside and out. If someone does not jump on this they are nuts.

I actually do not own one. I had a cocktail in the whiskey style but never had an upright. Plenty of generics of course. Had a few Computer Spaces but never a Pong.

Honestly, what are you asking for that? I think you will have NO problem getting your price.

Curt could say more about the serial numbers but you do have a very early production unit. IIRC, didn't they start counting at Z and go backwards to A?

Outstanding machine.

Cassidy

I don't know what to ask for it. Never seen one for sale. What's it worth? Cant find any info on value. Any ideas where to look?

I have no idea what it's worth. But I've got $500 that I don't need and I would love to give Pong a good home.

It's probably worth a little more than that, but at least it gives you a concrete bottom end.

(well...I do need the $$$, but I need that Pong even more!)

-Chris

Prices are all over the place.....500-600 on the low end would be as cheap as I would say it ever goes. One in that shape could get 1000-1200 with the right buyer. Heck, in a bidding war on ebay (if you are willing to ship) it could go higher. A retail site would sell that for 1500-1800. Not sure exactly who buys at that price but you see them that high all over the web (arcades in general, not Pong specifically).

Locally that machine would never be available (that is a very low production number). But say it was, I would buy with my "discount" price around 800.

Forward Air would ship the machine nationwide. If it helps, that machine on a pallate you "borrowed" from a grocery store ;) would cost about 300 to ship coast to coast. Not bad IMHO. Wrap the machine in cardboard, shrinkwrap it tight and then strap it to the pallate with a set of WalMart ratcheting tie downs. Not hard and it becomes very secure. I shipped two Computer Spaces from Florida for under 200 some years back. Shipping is the key in many ways. On ebay it gets you top dollar and even private buyers, when they know what it actually costs, can work it into the equation. You drop it at the airport Forward Air terminal and the buyer gets a pickup to get it from their local airport. No door to door but you save a ton of money.

If I had not just dropped a crapload of money on my car for this season, I would be all over this game. It is an amazing piece. Unmolested inside and out. Original coin pan, tv back case and no cut/burned wires in the harness. This is as good as it gets.

Thanks for all the info guys I appreciate it. I guess I'll try ebay with a good reserve and a long auction to get in some serious buyers. I'll be taking some more detailed pics for the auction and I'll post the link here when it's up if anyone is interested. thanks again.

I have two Pong machines in very good shape. Yours is in very nice shape too. No visible swelling to the cabinet and the control panel is pretty good too. All is original as mine are. The staples sheet in the door, the bread basket coin box, Hitachi tv. Looks good.

I would hope you can get 700 to 1000 for it. It is a heck of a collectible item that gets a lot of "wows" when people see it.

Bump.

Did this ever get put up for auction? I was going to watch.

I'll bid of course, but I have limited funds.

-Chris

I should have it up in a week, been working some late hours and can't find the daylight to take some good pics I'll post when it's up