IGNORED

Sears tele games video arcade

Rik

I swear there was a dedicated "thrift find section",cant seem to find it,otherwise id post there,anyway i found a sears 6 switch today.It has a silver faceplate,and has"TELE-GAMES" in green lettering above the cart slot,and hasVIDEO ARCADE"on the imitation wood panel up front,its model# 637.99743.I looked everywhere on this site and couldnt find one with that sort of model number.Looked in the ATARI 2600 console guide here,my machine is listed,the one with the"tele-games"is there,but its a 4 switch model.Anyone know what this thing is?,or its rarity,im not expecting that i found something to write home to mom about,but i like to know ,just curious,Thanx...........EDIT..OOPS,FOUND THE "THRIFT FIND THREAD"..sorry,WAS TOO ANXIOUS TO POST THIS MESSAGE.:)

Edited by Rik

These were pretty common. Sears always had strange model numbers. Our first 2600 console was the Sears light sixer. If I remember correctly, we got it Christmas of '82. Not long after that, my grandparents got themselves the four-switch model, as my grandmother had gotten herself addicted to Pac-man and, later, River Raid.

In fact, we shopped at Sears so much, I'm hard-pressed to remember the first time I saw an actual ATARI console :P

These were pretty common. Sears always had strange model numbers. Our first 2600 console was the Sears light sixer. If I remember correctly, we got it Christmas of '82. Not long after that, my grandparents got themselves the four-switch model, as my grandmother had gotten herself addicted to Pac-man and, later, River Raid.

In fact, we shopped at Sears so much, I'm hard-pressed to remember the first time I saw an actual ATARI console :P

I've also got a Sears Sunnyvale model in my collection, now, as well :cool:

My family shopped a lot at Sears, too, although our console was Atari brand.

Nowdays I'm partial to Sears, and I'd prefer to collect their picture label games over the Atari counterparts. I chose to stick with picture labels, 'cause they ain't ugly!

My family shopped a lot at Sears, too, although our console was Atari brand.

Nowdays I'm partial to Sears, and I'd prefer to collect their picture label games over the Atari counterparts. I chose to stick with picture labels, 'cause they ain't ugly!

My dad used to complain horribly that the games looked nothing like the artwork on the cart :ponder:

Thank God Activision came along. Truth in advertising! :P

I swear there was a dedicated "thrift find section",cant seem to find it,otherwise id post there,anyway i found a sears 6 switch today.It has a silver faceplate,and has"TELE-GAMES" in green lettering above the cart slot,and hasVIDEO ARCADE"on the imitation wood panel up front,its model# 637.99743.I looked everywhere on this site and couldnt find one with that sort of model number.

What, you mean kinda like.... this? (It's just a Sears heavy sixer; nice but not really rare.)

post-6166-1172722698_thumb.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

I swear there was a dedicated "thrift find section",cant seem to find it,otherwise id post there,anyway i found a sears 6 switch today.It has a silver faceplate,and has"TELE-GAMES" in green lettering above the cart slot,and hasVIDEO ARCADE"on the imitation wood panel up front,its model# 637.99743.I looked everywhere on this site and couldnt find one with that sort of model number.

What, you mean kinda like.... this? (It's just a Sears heavy sixer; nice but not really rare.)

Great,yes,thats the one,but my label says,MFD.FOR ATARI,INC, BY DIMERCO ELECTRONICS IN TAIWAN. FOR SALE TO SEARS ROEBUCK & COMPANY

Edited by Rik

Although they're not very rare, the Sears models, they do have a huge fanbase actually!

http://myspace.com/searstelegames

I prefer the Sears heavy sixer model myself. This is mine.

40kvl1y.jpg

Yes,a nice looking machine!the imitation wood on the front is alot nicer than the Atari's,imo,mines NOT the heavy sixer though:(

Edited by Rik