IGNORED

MASSIVE E-BAY FRAUD... MUST READ!!!

King Asmo

My understanding of the story (and I'm learning this second hand, so I may get many details wrong) is that NESDESTROYER was selling the same PS2 and the same laptop on eBay about 5 times... took the money from several different people, but never shipped. I guess Mr. Atwood got rather upset by being taken by a crook and decided to try and get his money back.

I wish I could get Mr. Atwood to post here (he knows of the message board), so he could tell us all what happened.

KA

I smile every time I see ridiculous abuser on Ebay. Sometimes I wish we had justice similar to other countries. Like the cane beatings. If someone deliberately abuses a person, restitution should be paid, if it is physical abuse, or monetary restitution, but I think someone should be punished if they are guilty. Not just being assumed guilty, but 100% known guilty.

Though you can say this is the US and everyone has their freedom, we actually do not have true freedom. The people with money get their way alot easier than those who do not. So I vote we cane NESDESTROYER, or chop a few fingers off so he can't type abusive emails, or cut out his tongue so he can't speak his nastiness.

You may think I'm cruel, but if a system like this was enforced, I think crime would be down 99%.

Phil

Yeah.. I think you're a bit cruel, but what do I know?

Just for kicks (I'm bored at work), I filed a Internet Fraud Complaint on the FBI website. Obviously nothing will come of it, but it was fun to do and only took 3-5 minutes. :D

KA

to everyone who has been asking about who this guy is he was an nintendo seller on ebay. he was selling resealed nes games as factoey sealed. where tim atwood comes into play is they used to trade games and i think used to deal with each other alot. then tim became suspicious that the games that he bought or traded were resealed. so he opened them to find out that they were resealed. obvious clues-missing contacts on carts, manuals wrinkled, scratches on cart, no flyers, flyers from different years, etc. tim warned him to stop selling reseals on ebay but alex kept on going. i met alex on ebay about 9 months ago. he was selling all these rare sealed games. i thought wow heres my chance to pick up some rare ones like mega man 2,3,4,5 final fantasy you name it he had it. but tim was already on his trail. alex was using another ebay id to buy all these games complete, then would reseal them and sell as factory sealed with another id.it was weird that this one guy was buying all these complete games, then all of a sudden the exact same games were going on for auction as factory sealed by a different ebay id. this guy alex had his own shrink wrap machine that he bought on, guess where, EBAY! so alex ripped alot of people off and made alot of money. i gotted ripped for about 400 dollars from him. now that his secret is out he cant get any bids on any of his games. he stopped trying to sell for a while then came back. he still wasnt getting any bids. now he is just bitter at everyone and everything having to do with nintendo. ESPECIALLY ATWOOD cause he is pretty much the one that exposed him and emailed all the major collectors and let them know of the fraud. this is why alex hates atwood so much. alex emailed me and asked me to send my games that i opened back to him, so he could reseal them, send back to me, then i sell on ebay as factory sealed. he has basically admitted to me that he reseals games, then acts like atwood had no right to destroy his "business" as he put it to me.this guy really has no concious. i know this was long, but hopefully everyone understands now. and if atwood already responded then i am sorry for this long post.

mike- :? :?

ebay id-nismo300zxtt[/b]

i know this was long, but hopefully everyone understands now. and if atwood already responded then i am sorry for this long post.

Hi Mike, thanks for taking the time to visit and writing this up. Atwood has not replied on the subject here and you are the first to explain the background behind these auctions. It's really unfortunate that Alex decided to take revenge on Tim for exposing his fraud. This guy is going to have a hard time ever selling anything videogame-related on eBay using his real name in the future, that's for damn sure.

..Al

Philfound,

I understand your anger. But unfortunately the approach of many other countries is cruel (not say that our country is anywhere near perfect, faaaaaaaaaaaar from it.) The most extreme example of this is all the people who have been killed by the death penalty law, then when DNA testing came along and remains of people where tested it was proven that these people could not have killed the people they were suppose to have killed. Death is pretty permenent. In a way, the judges that ordered these falsely acussed people are now murderes themselves. Should they be killed now? Luckily the system doesn't go that far. Putting someone in prison is 'suppose' to do two things, punish the person who commited the crime and as well as get them to see what they did was wrong so that they don't do it again. Of course murdering someone for any crime defeats the whole purpose of prison. It is just a form of revenge. and isn't any better or worse than if a family member of a person killed by the state went and murdered the judge that ordered the accussed to be killed. They're both forms of revenge. IMOP.

Allan

Cool I stirred up some interest. I remember a few years back when that teenager did graphitti on the wall in some other country (China?) and had to get caned. Though it seemed a little harsh, he should have had some punishment, maybe something not so severe, but not a slap on the wrist so that others see what has been done and the idea of doing it will be reconsidered.

As for this Alex. He is definite scum. My friend has a shrinkwrap machine. I personally never used it, but the only thing I would consider shrinkwrapping is a brand new game that never had shrinkwrap, but I do know it's new. An example of this is HERO and Beamrider for the Colecovision, which I have several and these did not come shrinkwrapped. The other thing I would actually probably shrinkwrap are games or other things that are already shrinkwrapped, but the original shrinkwrap has split or partially came off. This would be preserving the game's newness while actually not doing anything unethical. Putting any boxed game in shrinkwrap with used games, manuals, and inserts is just wrong. Though if the box looks real nice and you don't open the game, you'll never know. So again it boils down to trying to buy from someone you trust.

Phil

This is Tim Atwood. Looks like everyone wants to know what the hell is going on with Alex. Basically everything Mike had to say is true.

It all started about 1 1/2 years ago. 2 ebay sellers Pythonpower and Digitalcorruption had a bunch of descent Factory sealed NES games for auction on ebay. Pythonpower is Alex. Digitalcorruption is his friend.

Anyways I received an email from Blastermasterboy, Check the games you won was the topic. He has received a Dragon Warrior 2 game from Alex and found out the that he was defrauded. Inside the box was a Mickey Mousecapades cart a manual from Code Name Viper and some folded paper.

I had checked all the games I won from Digitalcorruption and sure enough they were resealed with used contents. Refund was given. With the explaination that it must have been the place they got the games fromand they were really sorry. I didn't check out thegames I got from Alex as they were all stored away.

A period of time passed and I received an email from Alex, saying he was really sorry and wanted to know if I would mind if he started to collect the games for himself. We started to chat alot AIM. All of a sudden one day he admitted to being the person that had deceived everyone and was the person that was resealing the games.

After hearing that I had always tried to talk Alex out of doing his dirty deeds, all he would do is laugh at me. I was making a scan of all my collection for the Web site and found out I had more resealed games. I checked out the ebay paperwork and found out they all came from Alex. I told him about that and guess what, all he did was laugh.

First of this year he had emailed a bunch of collectors, telling them he was about to sell his collection. I wasn't buying that all the games were indeed original factory sealed so I kept an eye on all the auctions and could tell a bunch were resealed.

I emailed him about it and got the reply. "I am going to flood the market with as many fake games as I can." That really pissed me off because I am a collector and didn't want to end up with a bunch more of his resealed games.

So what could I do? I made a listing of my own on ebay warning collectors. I received an email from Alex, he was pissed and called me a traitor. Needless to say I received many email to find out who the person that was defrauding everyone, I told them.

He ended all the rest of his auction and I have been keeping an eye on all the Id's of his that I knew about.

This person is very vindictive and will do anything to make $ without going out and getting a job.

This person has no morals or conscience what so ever. Other than just resealing used Nes games, I know for a fact he has defrauded credit card companies many times by reversing charges saying he didn't receive merchandise. Paypal, Bidpay, Billpoint just to name a few. He would then resell the same merchandie he says he didn't get, on ebay.

Feedback's from two of his Id's

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...=immortalseller

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...ts_of_every_man

Hope this wasn't too long.

Tim

I was just reading through his feedback. Here's some stuff. (Hey, Mr. Atwood is an old red neck farm hick that has a scent of jealousy because jackasses find better deals then him, scum! *rephrase*)

Smileys added for fun!

atwoodt@grantps.net (251) Feb-11-02 10:59:02 PST 1325146919 S

Complaint : Time will tell who the real liar is Alex. You were warned to quit resealing. :P

Response by immortalseller - This old red neck farm hick has a scent of jealousy because I found a deal, scum :D

Screw you too, bitch! :x

mdeolive (143) Mar-01-02 20:17:48 PST 1331175120 S

Complaint : Game was not factory sealed as stated in the auction. Seller is blocking email. :(

Response by immortalseller - Are you crazy! The Dragon Warrior was a original seal as well as the others. NPB :twisted:

meb@softcom.net (11) May-04-02 08:44:44 PDT 2016777894 S

Complaint : A Thief! Never sent laptop after payment was made. Blocked all e-mail's. :|

Response by immortalseller - Buyer trying to claim the laptop was never received. NOW WHO IS THE THIEF HERE |:)

Follow-up by meb@softcom.net - Thief using several ebay ID's, "mafiadonn" "triplecrossbow" :razz:

(Hey! Did anyone mention those two aliases yet? How many does he have?)

Hopefully he can get put down. Hey, this might be one of his aliases:

black-samurai (32) Apr-27-02 01:06:31 PDT 1330703541 S

Praise : Items packaged securely. Great A+++ Thanks :grin:

This same feedback was repeated four more times. (It's him, betcha any money.) This guy gets praise, too! (either by all his little alter-egos or by ppl who don't know factory from reseal.)

:spidey: :jango: :evil: :ahoy: :skull: :mad: :twisted: <--- get all these smilies and have them kick his @$$

Aliases Huummmmmmmm. He has had many. Here is a list that he has used just in the past year or so. As you can see some Id's have been changed regualrily

NESDESTROYER-used this ID with my contact info to try and get me kicked off ebay

pythonpower2k is now hulkpythons2k

hulkpythons2k is now pythonpower

pythonpower is now immortalavatar

immortalavatar is now kakrotto name on account--Santina Butana

kakrotto is now merdacaccapescia

merdacaccapescia is now IMMORTALSELLER

maverickzero is now ultimaforever

ultimaforever is now avatarforever

avatarforever is now triple_crossbow

triple_crossbow is now ANCIENT-GRAND-MASTER

mafiadonn mafiadon@blackpowder.net--name on account--Shero Nemo

NOW i_am_a_real_american_fight_for_the_rights_of_every_man

ancientcacca

cazzosenor

b.a.mr.t

CHICKENCHEESESTEAK

lufiacusunto

rosamariagrossabutana-- he used this ebay ID to get blastermasterboy

nesshemo

mrchinesepohkai

stefanokeyfood

headchalagook

Who knows how many more he may have.

Yes, that's all well and good, but what I want to know after reading through all of these postings, is Tim Atwood really PARALYZED?

If I recall correctly, there was a statement made from NESDESTROYER to Atwood which referred to him as a PARALYZED BASTARD!!!

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Yes, Adrian. What does Tim being paralyzed have to do with anything? What I would like to know is how the hell does he keep getting all these ebay id's? I tried creating a new one and it required a credit card. Or does he just keep posting a different credit card each time?

I still think Ebay sucks though I have to use it for my livelihood. If I had a real GOOD other choice to move my goods, I would.

Phil

Yes, Adrian. What does Tim being paralyzed have to do with anything? What I would like to know is how the hell does he keep getting all these ebay id's? I tried creating a new one and it required a credit card. Or does he just keep posting a different credit card each time?  

I still think Ebay sucks though I have to use it for my livelihood. If I had a real GOOD other choice to move my goods, I would.

Phil

The point is, I want to make certain that NESDESTROYER is telling the truth about Atwood being paralyzed. If he's gonna acuse someone of being paralyzed, well then, they had better be paralyzed! I wonder how Atwood can type eBa listings if he's paralyzed? Hmmm....

Does anyone know of the Atari 2600 market being "infected" by fake sealed games? Is there any way to know if a game is resealed?

I have a bunch of shrinkwrapped games, and I'm positive they are all authentic (for the simple reason that I just don't have alot of them).

Maybe some sort of scale to measure weight could be used.

If a shrinkwrapped game differs from a value listed on a site like this, then you'd know it is a fake.

Like an Atari 2600 game: Ms. Pacman

Let's say the official weight could be 4.5 grams

You weigh it, and it comes out as 3.5 grams, because inside it is a bogus cartridge and folded paper, which would throw off the weight significantly

Is there any way you guys at Atari Age would consider doing this, making a section where you list weights of AUTHENTIC shrinkwrapped games to protect the collecting hobby for people?

Just an idea :)

Does anyone know of the Atari 2600 market being "infected" by fake sealed games?  Is there any way to know if a game is resealed?  

I have a bunch of shrinkwrapped games, and I'm positive they are all authentic (for the simple reason that I just don't have alot of them).

Maybe some sort of scale to measure weight could be used.

If a shrinkwrapped game differs from a value listed on a site like this, then you'd know it is a fake.

Like an Atari 2600 game:  Ms. Pacman

Let's say the official weight could be 4.5 grams

You weigh it, and it comes out as 3.5 grams, because inside it is a bogus cartridge and folded paper, which would throw off the weight significantly

Is there any way you guys at Atari Age would consider doing this, making a section where you list weights of AUTHENTIC shrinkwrapped games to protect the collecting hobby for people?

Just an idea :)

That's a tough one to call, but I know for certain that XBOX and DC games have distinctive "seams" and or folds. DC games, if authentically sealed, have an "envelope-like" fold down seam on the left and right edges of the CD case. XBOX games are similar, but MS has rather intelligently placed a hologramed case seal sticker that must be broken in order to open (as do most DVD cased games/movies).

Atari games are tough to tell, but I believe they have a visible horizontal seam that runs through the middle of the box. Again, this is just a guess and I would imagine that other 3rd party games use a different method.

I understand your concern about shrinkwrapping as I am one who only buys new goods (used only if new/sealed is too expensive or unavailable) and I've seen the EB/Gamestop employees utilizing their shrinkwrapping machines around the holidays to "seal" those "last copy" games. They may claim that the games are new/unplayed, but man, those display cases are sometimes manhandled beyond belief. If they give me that, "it's the last copy, but we assure you that it's never been played" line of crap I always refuse because I have overheard employees talk about "borrowing" games over the weekends.

Again, point to Adrian. A person being paralyzed could mean waste down. Hey, how do those paralyzed people wheel themselves around? Duh, with their hands. He didn't say paraplegic (sp?), which would mean no use of limbs.

As for Atari games being sealed. Easy way to tell on Atari made games is of course the flap. These were usually torn and I think it's a little harder to reseal them. That goes for other companies such as coleco and M Network. PB on the other hand if they had boxes with lids would be pretty easy to reseal. But most games that have been opened would have some kind of wear on the boxes for the most part. You could of course get a shrinkwrapping machine, open your game, and if it looks brand new, just reshrink it. Also, many of the older games before the red boxes came along were in stores and would have price stickers from Sears, the Wiz, etc. on them so that is also a sign. Having $29.95 on your Canyon Bomber from Sears is a good sign it's original. :)

Phil

As for Atari games being sealed. Easy way to tell on Atari made games is of course the flap.

In general it's pretty easy to tell when you have an original, sealed game. Original shrinkwrapped games sport the following clues:

- Original price sticker of some sort

- Other types of stickers that may have been on the original shrinkwrap

- Many Atari games have a plastic, uhmm, tag on the top of the box to suspend the game from a pegboard display.

- Many Atari games have a one inch or so vertical overlap in the shrinkwrap on the back of the box.

- Original shrinkwrap will (generally) have perfectly straight seams, no burned shrinkwrap (where it's not shiny), and no holes due to prolonged exposure to a heat gun.

However, it may be more difficult to discern a very well done shinkwrap job on a used game. If you have a game from a company that you know to have the original shrinkwrap and can compare it to a box you suspect was re-shinkwrapped, it's generally pretty easy to spot any differences.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
He didn't say paraplegic (sp?), which would mean no use of limbs.

Acutally, paraplegic is paralysis from the waist down, with no use of the legs. Full paralysis of all 4 limbs is called quadriplegic.

Having $29.95 on your Canyon Bomber from Sears is a good sign it's original. :)

If the price sticker is on the shrinkwrap (and doesn't look like it's been peeled and re-applied), then that's true. But weren't a lot of Atari's games, especially the copies of pre-crash games being sold around '85-'86, sold in stores without shrinkwrap, just with glue-sealed boxes? I have several game boxes from that era where there are $6.00 Target price stickers directly on the cardboard box, indicating it wasn't shrinkwrapped. (It is difficult for me to remember first-hand the way the games were sold back in the early '80s, since I was only about 8 years old, but I do seem to remember them always just being glued shut and not actually shrinkwrapped.)