IGNORED

Recent homebrews added to database

Albert

I have finally gotten around to adding all the recently published 2600 and 7800 homebrew games to the database. This also includes the holiday carts... Still need to put the ROMs up for those that are available; will be doing that shortly. I also added the four Holiday Carts, as the none of those were in the database previously. Without further ado:

2003 Holiday Cart

2004 Holiday Cart

2005 Holiday Cart

2006 Holiday Cart

Medieval Mayhem

BLiP Football

E.T. Book Cart

Space Battle

StickyNotes Cart

Phantom II / Pirate

Reindeer Rescue

Four-Play

Pac-Man Collection

Santa Simon

If anyone sees anything I missed or screwed up, please let me know. I still need to put the ROMs up and Four-Play needs a scan of the end label, but that's all I'm aware of. :) Now it's time to clean up the In Development pages!

..Al

I can send you a mock-up of the Four-Play end label, if you want.

Also, the screenshots for Reindeer Rescue and Toyshop Trouble are from WIP versions. I can take and send new ones for you.

Finally, do you want PDF versions of the manuals I've worked on, at web resolution? Or JPEGs? Let me know. I'll be happy to provide 'em.

Edited by Nathan Strum

I can send you a mock-up of the Four-Play end label, if you want.

I'm going to scan the cart--just need to make one as I don't have any built at the moment. I prefer to use actual scans of carts for the database. Thanks for the offer, though.

Also, the screenshots for Reindeer Rescue and Toyshop Trouble are from WIP versions. I can take and send new ones for you.

Ahhh, yes, I believe those are the same images from the store. If you want to take new screenshots for both games, I will replace the screenshots in the database.

Finally, do you want PDF versions of the manuals I've worked on, at web resolution? Or JPEGs? Let me know. I'll be happy to provide 'em.

I haven't decided what to do about the manuals. A lot of work goes into the manuals (as you know), so they are a nice incentive for people to purchase the games in cartridge form. I *would* like to add the manuals in some form to the database, because it is a glaring omission for all the homebrew games. But I don't want them to be of sufficient quality where people can make nice prints of them. And to be consistent with the other manuals, they probably should be broken down into JPEGs (although it would be nice to have PDFs of *ALL* the manuals online as well. This could easily be added to the database).

Another issue is that not all of the games that have been published through the AtariAge Store are in the database. Well, they are in the database, but the version that we publish (with our unique labels/manuals) are always present. This is especially true for older games. I'd like to correct this at some point, and add "AtariAge" as the publisher for those titles (to make them easier to group together), but that's going to be a fair bit of work. Since the labels (and manuals) are often significantly different, it would be nice for the database to be complete in this fashion.

..Al

Here's a few screenshots from Reindeer Rescue. These don't include the last two levels.

post-6060-1173456227_thumb.pngpost-6060-1173456238_thumb.pngpost-6060-1173456244_thumb.pngpost-6060-1173456248_thumb.pngpost-6060-1173456254_thumb.pngpost-6060-1173456259_thumb.png

Also, relatedly, could you add Tommy Montgomery to the Go Fish! credits for music? And I suppose, if Zach agrees, you could add me to the Four-Play credits, also for the music.

I haven't decided what to do about the manuals. A lot of work goes into the manuals (as you know), so they are a nice incentive for people to purchase the games in cartridge form. I *would* like to add the manuals in some form to the database, because it is a glaring omission for all the homebrew games. But I don't want them to be of sufficient quality where people can make nice prints of them. And to be consistent with the other manuals, they probably should be broken down into JPEGs (although it would be nice to have PDFs of *ALL* the manuals online as well. This could easily be added to the database).

I agree.

How about including text versions of the manuals?

I'd be willing to type up the manuals for my games, at least. ;)

Edited by vdub_bobby

Here's a few screenshots from Reindeer Rescue. These don't include the last two levels.

rr.bin.pngrr.bin_1.pngrr.bin_2.pngrr.bin_3.pngrr.bin_4.pngrr.bin_5.png

Also, relatedly, could you add Tommy Montgomery to the Go Fish! credits for music? And I suppose, if Zach agrees, you could add me to the Four-Play credits, also for the music.

Sure, I can do that. Thanks for the screenshots--do you not have any for the last two levels? Or did you not want to include them?

How about including text versions of the manuals?

Yes, that would be nice (since we have text versions of nearly all the NTSC 2600 games). For most of the manuals I can probably extract the text relatively easily, there really should not be a need to retype most if not all of them.

..Al

Thanks for the screenshots--do you not have any for the last two levels? Or did you not want to include them?

I can get the third level no problem, the fourth level you might want to ask Nathan - He's better at the game than me. :ponder:

The reason I didn't get the last two levels is because my game ended before I reached them and, at work, I didn't have the time to try again.

Yes, that would be nice (since we have text versions of nearly all the NTSC 2600 games). For most of the manuals I can probably extract the text relatively easily, there really should not be a need to retype most if not all of them.

At least all of my games already include a full text manual in the ROM zip package :)

Ahhh, yes, I believe those are the same images from the store. If you want to take new screenshots for both games, I will replace the screenshots in the database.

Done. :)

I haven't decided what to do about the manuals. A lot of work goes into the manuals (as you know), so they are a nice incentive for people to purchase the games in cartridge form. I *would* like to add the manuals in some form to the database, because it is a glaring omission for all the homebrew games. But I don't want them to be of sufficient quality where people can make nice prints of them. And to be consistent with the other manuals, they probably should be broken down into JPEGs
Well, let me know what you decide. I do have the text for the ones I've worked on.

I could probably throw together a barebones HTML version of them. That would give us text and screenshots, at least.

Nathan, thanks for all the screenshots. I've updated the Reindeer Rescue and Toyshop Trouble entries inthe database, as well as the Reindeer Rescue entry in the store. :)

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...areLabelID=2748

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...areLabelID=2757

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?ma...products_id=845

..Al

Glad to see you put the lightning screenshot in, I love the way that looks. :)

You could make a whole game just out of that city level (especially running across the top of the trains). That's one of my favorite sequences in any 2600 game. (I may be just a little biased, however.) ;)