IGNORED

Post your UNIQUE ATari 2600 item!

Marco

Like many of us, I have a few rare items, but as for something truly unique, there's these photos:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/9260/sqfw.html

I found them in an envelope tucked in the corner of a moldy shoebox full of Atari games at a junk shop, close to 10 years ago. When I opened the envelope, I expected to find a few instruction booklets or the typical warranty card for a 2600. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw what they were. I closed up the envelope and bought a few manuals that I actually already had, just so the envelope would be lost in the middle. If the store owner had been curious enough to open it, he wouldn't have known what the pix were of, but he'd know enough to figure out that I really wanted them--and would have jacked up the price from the whopping 50 cents per booklet that he typically charged. :D

I like the look on the guy's face.. like I played this completely crap game beating 1000's of people and this is all I get??

But really the chalance looks cool. Someone needs to hire Ethan Hunt to get that sword!

I think he was actually really happy about it. ;)

This is a more recent shot of him...

photo-7456.jpg

Unused (not even separated!) cart boards from Milton Bradley, a company that only made 2 games for the VCS.

Yep.

Notice how the entire PCB is gold-plated, not just the edge connector, you don't see that very often.

WOW did he age hard!!!!!!!!!!! and how tall is that man next to him in the picture, what 7 foot 4?

:-o :-o :-o

My hair started turning silver early, it seems to be a family trait. I don't mind it-- I actually think it's kind of cool, because if you look at the hairs closely, they have clear sections mixed in with the silver sections, so outside on a sunny day my hair sometimes almost looks like it's lit up. :)

Oddly enough, when my hair is wet, it looks dark. :ponder:

For comparison, here's a picture of what I looked like when I got the chalice. I can't believe my hair was ever that dark! :D

And yes, the guy standing beside me in that picture at the contest was really tall! :-o

Michael

post-7456-1175579207_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1