IGNORED

Post your UNIQUE ATari 2600 item!

Marco

I have a question about the unique Frogger cart I've seen here . . . I have a sealed Frogger game from Canada, and from what I've seen, the Canadian versions are the ones that have the standard cart look? Can anyone confirm? Obviously I'm not about to open the box to see ;)

frogger.jpg

Red Label Atari Corporation Mario Bros. cartridge made in Australia. Note it is in an Activision type case with a wraparound one piece label.

post-99-1184009118_thumb.jpg post-99-1184005546_thumb.jpg

post-99-1184005740_thumb.jpgpost-99-1184005759_thumb.jpg

post-99-1184005831_thumb.jpgpost-99-1184005852_thumb.jpgpost-99-1184005880_thumb.jpg

I have seen at least four Australian Mario Bros. cartridges offered in Germany and at least four offered in Australia, but I only recall seeing one cartridge offered with instructions and one cartridge offered with the box and instructions, both of which I bought.

Although it is likely the cartridge and box were made in Australia for Atari by Home Entertainment Suppliers (HES), the fact that the Australian Mario Bros. cartridges were sold in Atari Corporation boxes with Atari Corporation Instructions should establish that they are a legitimate Atari Corporation product.

The July 1991 and Aug 1992 printing dates on the instruction books are 2 of the latest Atari 2600 printing dates I have seen. The made in Australia Mario Bros. cartridge must have been one of the last Atari 2600 items produced.

post-99-1184004228.jpg

post-99-1184005432.jpg

post-99-1184008357.jpg

Edited by froggger2

I have a question about the unique Frogger cart I've seen here . . . I have a sealed Frogger game from Canada, and from what I've seen, the Canadian versions are the ones that have the standard cart look? Can anyone confirm? Obviously I'm not about to open the box to see ;)

frogger.jpg

Do you mean this one.

post-12694-1184010539_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's the cart I've seen in this post that is referred to as rare, I guess because it's shaped like a typical 2600 cart,

and not the other way . . . I don't want to open mine to find out what I have, but I understand that it was the ones that

came out of Canada that were like this . . .

Do you mean this one.

Yours is PAL. :P Try finding the NTSC ones. To answer your question ChevyNo1 the box you have has a standard Frogger in it. The rare Square carts came in an regular US version box with English (not the English French boxes). I know because I have got one boxed like that.

post-7074-1184011702_thumb.jpg

Do you mean this one.

Yours is PAL. :P Try finding the NTSC ones. To answer your question ChevyNo1 the box you have has a standard Frogger in it. The rare Square carts came in an regular US version box with English (not the English French boxes). I know because I have got one boxed like that.

Oh, OK . . . thanks!

Edited by ChevyNo1

Do you mean this one.

Try finding a PAL one also,they are very rare ;)

I don't know if this is UNIQUE or not . . . but if it's not I'm sure someone here will tell me!

SEALED 1977 CX-2600, Heavy Sixer, Chess piece on front, and grey lettering rather than white. I

haven't seen any others on Ebay in the 4 years I've been searching:

heavy_sixer.jpg

Edited by ChevyNo1

It's not unique (I think this thread has veered away from its original topic, but in many delightful ways), but here is the Atari Age club poster: http://www.atariage.com/magazines/magazine...;CurrentPage=14

I finally got around to putting it in a frame, although I'm still trying to decide on how I want to mat it. I really wanted one of these as a kid and was happy to finally acquire one. (Sorry about the camera flash.)

post-5874-1184091910_thumb.jpg

Most people have already seen my Atari store displays, but for those of you new people who have not, here they are again, plus I am still waiting for a Yars Revenge display in the mail. The E.T. floor display is about 3 feet tall. The Ghost Busters display is a plastic 2 sided display card, which means there should be others like it out there. The Parker Bros, Atlantis display is inside a glass picture frame with a Atlantis contest from.

:) :ponder: :)

post-88-1184156086_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156107_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156124_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156140_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156156_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156176_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156224_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156250_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156278_thumb.jpg

post-88-1184156293_thumb.jpg

Edited by ATARIPITBULL

AWESOME !!!

Most people have already seen my Atari store displays, but for those of you new people who have not, here they are again, plus I am still waiting for a Yars Revenge display in the mail. The E.T. floor display is about 3 feet tall. The Ghost Busters display is a plastic 2 sided display card, which means there should be others like it out there. The Parker Bros, Atlantis display is inside a glass picture frame with a Atlantis contest from.

AWESOME !!!

Thanks, but I am floored by your collection of employee t-shirts and posters!! You and I seem to be of the same mind that it's not just the video games when it comes to Atari 2600. I almost forgot about the 3 Atari costumes that I have CIB.

1) Asteroids.

2) Missile Command.

3) Centipede.

post-88-1184244683_thumb.jpg

Edited by ATARIPITBULL

My collection of original advertising artworks made by Tim White in 1983 for the Atari Corporation :)

In memory of Arthur C. Clarke , Jules Vernes and Robert A. Heinlein!

post-10670-1184275993_thumb.jpgwishes.zip

Edited by iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin