IGNORED

Post your UNIQUE ATari 2600 item!

Marco

post-5073-1174272352_thumb.jpg

I've seen a couple of pictures of this here at AA, so it's not really all that unique. But it is the most unusual item in my collection.

Classicgaming.com calls it a Kids Trackball controller, but it is not a trackball. You just sorta rock the thing to close the joystick switches. Either I can't get the hang of it or it's the most un-ergonomic POS since the the Video Command!

:D

I've seen a couple of pictures of this here at AA, so it's not really all that unique. But it is the most unusual item in my collection.

Classicgaming.com calls it a Kids Trackball controller, but it is not a trackball. You just sorta rock the thing to close the joystick switches. Either I can't get the hang of it or it's the most un-ergonomic POS since the the Video Command!

Early form of Wii Wiimote? :) That's pretty neat. I hadn't seen one of those before. I wonder, are there mercury tilt swtiches inside?

Edited by djmips

Roklan_001.jpg

This is what they are really called. ;)

Unroller.jpg

Early form of Wii Wiimote? :) That's pretty neat. I hadn't seen one of those before. I wonder, are there mercury tilt swtiches inside?

No, when I said that you rock the thing I meant the yellow 'ball' part. When you press around the edges, it pushes down on the switches. Works like a regular joystick.

I think someone did make a joystick that worked by just tilting the whole thing, but I can't remember what it was called.

Is Albert's Kick Man a working (complete) game? Seems like I read recent discussions in the homebrew forum about making or finishing this game. Is the bin available?

This was a work-in-progress from Mike Mika (who also did the Berzerk: Voice Enhanced hack, and he programs video games for a living). No further work was done on it and at this point I would not hold my breath for it being completed. The game is playable though. :)

..Al

Asteroids Tournament Poster & High Score Card from the Atari Club I got from a good friend of mine.

PIC_0276.jpg

One or two others might have this ashtray but I'm the only one I know of actually using it seeing as it's like a R10 and all :cool:

PIC_0278.jpg

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I think someone did make a joystick that worked by just tilting the whole thing, but I can't remember what it was called.

I think it's called "Le Stick"...

Here they are: http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-7800-Le-Sti...9QQcmdZViewItem

(no, that's not my auction)

I've seen one of these in person, but never actually played with one.

I don't see any Le Sticks in there. :ponder:

post-43-1174408377_thumb.jpg

I thought there was a Sword reward also from Swordquest?

Although all five prizes were made, only two of the contests were actually held and their prizes awarded. Rumor has it that Jack Tramiel later had the sword hanging over his mantel, but there seems to be no info at all on what happened to the other two prizes.

EDIT: Actually the first prize (Earthworld talisman) had a tiny sword attached, and when its winner sold the talisman to a jeweler for scrap value, he kept that sword. So there is something known about one of the SwordQuest swords!

Edited by A.J. Franzman

I need to put some pics up but some of my unique items include.....

1) Atari 2700

2) Over 100 unique, one-of-a-kind Atari 2600 protos

3) Imagic Previewer

4) Parker Bros Previewer

5) Starpath Demostration Unit

6) Some one-of-a-kind Atari 2600 proto boxes like Rush Hour, Halloween, Star Wars, etc..

7) A bunch of other stuff I cannot think of right now

Edited by Wonder007

I thought there was a Sword reward also from Swordquest?

Although all five prizes were made, only two of the contests were actually held and their prizes awarded. Rumor has it that Jack Tramiel later had the sword hanging over his mantel, but there seems to be no info at all on what happened to the other two prizes.

EDIT: Actually the first prize (Earthworld talisman) had a tiny sword attached, and when its winner sold the talisman to a jeweler for scrap value, he kept that sword. So there is something known about one of the SwordQuest swords!

The owner of the chalice is a member here. :ponder:

He told me that the other winner had his melted for gold value.

Aw, the only thing I really have that might be brag-worthy is the Atari 2600 Test Console similar to the one on Curt's website (here). The only difference is that mine has a plastic backing on it that says "Atari 2600 Test Console" that looks similar to the silver/red 2600 boxes. (instead of the "just look at us now" poster that is on the atarimusem website)

This has been a fun ride seeing all this stuff for the Atari 2600. :)

As for me, some of the more uniquish stuff I have would be some various stuff we dug out of the Atari service center dumpster, the Phaser Patrol and the loader with that, the Sears equivalent of a 3600, one of the silver Atari Jackets.. or two. :) What else? Mainly my Atari 2600 collection is about the text labels.. the early stuff and the sears labels. The Atari Force mini comics were also fun, along with Swordquest comics and the Centipede comics.

It really was a diverse system in add ons and marketing wasn't it? :)

And while I never got the Activision patches, it was LOADS of fun competing and getting one of the fifty "StarFire" patches here on Atari Age.

Not originally released by Atari but worthwhile to mention that our family has that dad did:

1) Static Ram cart that would load 2600 images from a Sol Terminal 20 (this was back in the 80's)

2) We had a sit down pong table with a Atari 2600 in it.

Edited by doctorclu

This has been a fun ride seeing all this stuff for the Atari 2600. :)

As for me, some of the more uniquish stuff I have would be some various stuff we dug out of the Atari service center dumpster, the Phaser Patrol and the loader with that, the Sears equivalent of a 3600, one of the silver Atari Jackets.. or two. :) What else? Mainly my Atari 2600 collection is about the text labels.. the early stuff and the sears labels. The Atari Force mini comics were also fun, along with Swordquest comics and the Centipede comics.

It really was a diverse system in add ons and marketing wasn't it? :)

And while I never got the Activision patches, it was LOADS of fun competing and getting one of the fifty "StarFire" patches here on Atari Age.

Not originally released by Atari but worthwhile to mention that our family has that dad did:

1) Static Ram cart that would load 2600 images from a Sol Terminal 20 (this was back in the 80's)

2) We had a sit down pong table with a Atari 2600 in it.

Any pictures??

Cheers,

Marco