IGNORED

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of my journey today

Went to the local Game X Change today to kill some time but I wanted to get SOMETHING to make my trip count for something. It has been awhie since I got some NES games....but I hadn't seen any I needed in awhile, plus I have about 250 carts with no room for more....but oh well....thats the NES for ya.

I always take advantage of their buy 2, get 1 free option. And today, I found a game I had been looking for forever. G.I. Joe for the NES....still looking for the sequel though. The game was priced at $9.95, so it wasn't TOO bad. But then I took advantage of something else that always happens at this game store. :twisted:

There was another copy of G.I. Joe (same condition) with a price sticker of $6.95...... :)

I love those mis-prices.

So I grabbed a copy of Castlevania, since I was missing the first one....and then grabbed a copy of Spot: The Video Game, even though it looked like someone shit in the cart. Hadn't seen it anywhere in awhile.

I was peering through their glass case to see if their was any good shit that I hadn't seen since my last time and I almost pissed my pants. There staring back at me was a copy of Starcraft 64 for the N64. I wanted this game so bad and have never seen a copy before. Then I saw the price......$39.95.......and this is for a loose copy. :x

Guess I'll have to wait......

They also had an NES game I was looking for....but I didn't want to pay $14.95 for it......Snow Brothers. I cursed myself for not having enough extra moolah to splurge on it.

So I bought my games......came home....cleaned them.....and enjoyed a game of G.I. Joe.....man, that game is bad-ass. I think Duke is pretty much the most solid character after he's leveled all the way up.

I had a copy of StarCraft 64 CIB once.I traded it for Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.A good deal at the time.When i moved the last time before i meet my wife it got lost somewhere.Even if i dont have a N64 anymore i would still love to have that wrestling game it was pretty sweet.I think my old roomate might have it i should see if i can track him down.

Went to the local Game X Change today to kill some time but I wanted to get SOMETHING to make my trip count for something. It has been awhie since I got some NES games....but I hadn't seen any I needed in awhile, plus I have about 250 carts with no room for more....but oh well....thats the NES for ya.

I always take advantage of their buy 2, get 1 free option. And today, I found a game I had been looking for forever. G.I. Joe for the NES....still looking for the sequel though. The game was priced at $9.95, so it wasn't TOO bad. But then I took advantage of something else that always happens at this game store. :twisted:

There was another copy of G.I. Joe (same condition) with a price sticker of $6.95...... :)

I love those mis-prices.

So I grabbed a copy of Castlevania, since I was missing the first one....and then grabbed a copy of Spot: The Video Game, even though it looked like someone shit in the cart. Hadn't seen it anywhere in awhile.

I was peering through their glass case to see if their was any good shit that I hadn't seen since my last time and I almost pissed my pants. There staring back at me was a copy of Starcraft 64 for the N64. I wanted this game so bad and have never seen a copy before. Then I saw the price......$39.95.......and this is for a loose copy. :x

Guess I'll have to wait......

They also had an NES game I was looking for....but I didn't want to pay $14.95 for it......Snow Brothers. I cursed myself for not having enough extra moolah to splurge on it.

So I bought my games......came home....cleaned them.....and enjoyed a game of G.I. Joe.....man, that game is bad-ass. I think Duke is pretty much the most solid character after he's leveled all the way up.

U PASSED ON SNOW BROS FOR 14.95?!?!?!?!!??!?!?! THATS THE ONLY VALUABLE 1 OUT OF THE NES BUNCH GO BACK AND GET IT!

$15 bucks for Sno Bros and you passed? :-o Are you on drugs? That is a cheap ass price for the that game :roll:

Even though i am basically an Atari guy i would have picked it up maybe held onto it for a while and sold......certainly wouldn't have passed it up for $15 ......... PC when u see something like that why not grab it.....even if it were to pass along to someone else and make a small profit perhaps? Just a suggestion!

i always went to the local trade center and their N64 games were always alot cheaper then the chain stores

i got Starcraft 64 for $15 complete, i had to talk him down from $25 because i only had $15 on me at the time :D

i did something like that yesterday. had twenty bucks in my wallet and i talked the guy down on a copy of kindom hearts II to 20 :)

$15 bucks for Sno Bros and you passed? :-o Are you on drugs? That is a cheap ass price for the that game :roll:

Yea.....I know it is a cheap price for the game. But I didn't have the money to get it AND G.I. Joe. I get my games for FUN. I like playing G.I. Joe. It's a great game. I don't buy my games for profit and because they're rare. I buy them to play good games.

About a month or so ago, I saw a loose Starcraft 64 at Goodwill for $2.95. I was like, whatever, then I came home, saw it was rare, then went back for it and it was gone.....lesson learned!

Everyone seems to have the opinion that I didn't know Snow Bros. is rare. I KNEW it was rare and I KNEW 14.95 was a good price for it, but I didn't have enough money to get it AND G.I. Joe. I wanted G.I. Joe.....thats one of my favorite NES games.....so I could care less about Snow Bros. I wanted G.I. muthafuckin' Joe. That game is awesome and I haven't seen it since it came out back in the day. G.I. Joe and Low G Man are two classic Taxan games.

Now...maybe if it was Little Samson....i would have thought differently. ;)

About a month or so ago, I saw a loose Starcraft 64 at Goodwill for $2.95. I was like, whatever, then I came home, saw it was rare, then went back for it and it was gone.....lesson learned!

Everyone seems to have the opinion that I didn't know Snow Bros. is rare. I KNEW it was rare and I KNEW 14.95 was a good price for it, but I didn't have enough money to get it AND G.I. Joe. I wanted G.I. Joe.....thats one of my favorite NES games.....so I could care less about Snow Bros. I wanted G.I. muthafuckin' Joe. That game is awesome and I haven't seen it since it came out back in the day. G.I. Joe and Low G Man are two classic Taxan games.

Now...maybe if it was Little Samson....i would have thought differently. ;)

i understand where hes coming from. i saw an uncommon saturn game today in the store, but i really just wanted F1 Challenge as crappy as many said it is, as i just wanted an indy racing game for my saturn. which is more rare, which is worth more... but which is what i wanted to spend my money on to have fun.. bingo. while passing up on snow bros was "dumb" , i have to say bravo for at least buying games that YOU enjoy. so many people buy games that they think they should get just 'cause they're rare, when in reality they never play them. i had dracula x for my saturn, a very rare game, but i sold it as i realy just dont like castlevania and never have... and i never played it.