IGNORED

My Gameroom from the ground up!

RIVER

Very impressive collection. I would recommend taking a week off from work some time though to refine it. I mean this without any disrespect at all but it does kind of remind me of a game store right now the way the shelves are set up and everything stacked the way it is, with a collection that amazing (and I do mean amazing....wow) you really could make it even better with a little more organization. It looks good right now but it's kind of hard to see everything you have the way it's presented. You did mention the flooding being a problem though so I could see that putting a hold on things. I bet if you went through all of it you would end up with one hell of a trade list also :) Seriously though, awesome set up man, looks like that would be a cool place to hang out and have a few beers on weekends :)

Yea CC you are very right, about 1/3 of what you see in those pics are trade bait or going to be for sale. It would take more than a week but i need to redo everything for sure. If i took out all the trade bait and stuff i will be selling i could display alot more stuff in detail, which i will get to at some point, just havent had time lately, but it would look better, not so much like a game store. It will take some work but i look forward to makeing it look and display better. Thanks for the good advise.

Oh yea!! It takes a thief aint even getting in here!!

Speaking as the guy who got his Atari collection "stolen" on It Takes A Thief, they cheat for TV. They couldn't get in there if they tried, so your stuff is safe. :D

The thing that strikes me the most is the boxed systems. I think you have atleast 13 boxed Atari 2600 systems. If we were to go by Atari 2600 games alone. I actually think I have you beat in that category. But if were talking about everything else besides the games. Than I readily admit that you have an awesome collection that is hands down way better than mine. I only have 1 boxed system and that is a 4 switcher woody system.

utterly amazing...wow...I envy you.

how much do you think you have honestly spent on that whole collection?

Thats a tough question to answer, to be honest i dont know that i really want to know the answer to that question, i would have to say a little too much probably! :)

Simply jaw dropping. Outstanding. When you finally get it all up the way you want it, how will you ever pick what to play? What a great problem to have.

Game on, brother.

C

Yea its kinda tough to figure out what to play, i usually pick out like 2 or 3 games from each system that i like to play and just play what im feeling like that day, it is a slight problem to figure out, but like you said, a great problem to have.

amazing....just amazing.....

my collection will never get that size but i can always dream....

whereabouts in arkansas are u....i'm in fort smith....nice to see arkansas representin' up in this mofo ;)

First of all i assure you, you dont want a collection this big "TOO MUCH STUFF" Remember only about maybe 60% of all the stuff you see is my actual collection, the rest is doubles, trade bait or stuff that will be for sale at some point.

I live about 30 minutes north of little rock, probably 2 1/2 hours from you! ;)

I just have one question. When can we all come over and play?

I would love to have a game weekend sometime when you guys could come down and play and hang out, that would be fun, someday!!

Once again thanks everyone for the nice words , you guys are the coolest! --Like cassidy said "Game On"--

Most impressive...

I'll be showing these pictures to my wife, makes my toy room look completely tame by comparison.

I do admire your ability to stay sane with all your games detached from the house though. The first two weeks i would've been outside that garage with a rocking chair and a shotgun, and beyond that i would've ended up secluded inside, all Howard Hughes style.

I'm very jealous about that arrangement. A critical factor for utilizing this space (600 sq ft) is having high ceilings. If you were stuck with 7' ceilings (like in my basement) you would need more than 1000 sq ft for that amount of stuff. Really, really cool. I just wonder- where was it all before this fantastic space?

I had my stuff partially in storage for years. Just recently unpacked, but not fully tidied or finished by any means. Organizing takes forever. But it's fun.

Yea i got lucky on the ceilings they were suppost to be 8ft but got framed 10ft high by mistake and the garage completely framed before we noticed it, so we left it that way of coarse and it worked in my favor!!

It was in 3 storage buildings and partially in my old bedroom and closets, old garage storage room anywhere i could put it. Then i finally got it all in the new room and got it cramed on the shelves, not nearly like i want it, just wanted to get stuff up and out so i could see most of it.

Had a few friends over and had about a month of game time, really starting to settle in and enjoy it, then thats when it floded the first time!

4- 5 inches of water, had stuff floating the next morning "magazines, manuals, paperwork, controllers, systems," I had alot of stuff on the floor, new carpet, arcades had water in them, IT WAS A NIGHTMARE, i think i cryed a little!! I was devastated for weeks!

Anyway it hadnt been quite the same since, had to pull up the carpet pull everything off the floor, my workbench is packed full of stuff from the floor. It has flodded about 4 other times since the first time but even though i have been prepared for the other times--with the chance of flooding again it will never be just how i want it, but im working slowly with what i got and im going to make it work! :)

Here are a few pics of the first flood, these are of the yard and the garage "where my gameroom is" it was like this for like 3 days!! All this water running through my game room, OH THE HORROR OF IT ALL!! :( :x :_( :skull:

post-2771-1174536847_thumb.jpg

post-2771-1174536872_thumb.jpg

post-2771-1174536893_thumb.jpg

post-2771-1174536903_thumb.jpg

post-2771-1174536921_thumb.jpg

Edited by RIVER