IGNORED

Sega- Sonic & Tails rare lifesize characters!

RIVER

Well they might be rare--kinda, and as far as lifesize- who knows how big sonic and tails really are anyway but i imagine they might be close. Pretty cool anyway huh??

Not mine, a friend owns them.

post-2771-1173579106_thumb.jpg

post-2771-1173579124_thumb.jpg

post-2771-1173579136_thumb.jpg

post-2771-1173579144_thumb.jpg

Edited by RIVER

those are from toys r us. lots of people whnen i used to work there offered all sorts of money for those things, but its illegal for us to sell it, no matter what the price

and that looks more like a game store than some guy's home.

Edited by AtariJr

Yea a friend of mine owns a game store here in arkansas and sega gave them to him but it took forever and alot of red tape from what he told me.

gave it to them? how? over the phone? in a store? ... if it came from a toys r us, which those statues are supposed to be sent to, there is not supposed to be any way those leave no matter how much money is offfered, none the less free. technically none of those should be in public.. what he give Hajime Satomi a bj? lol :D

He said he hashed it over with someone he knew from sega (i think) over the phone, for months, then he finally got them to agree to let him have them if he came to pick them up, so he drove somewhere in the USA to pick them up. He said they couldnt sell them to him, they were going to destroy them from what he told me, but he convinced them to give them up. Now i dont know if all that is completely accurate or if he didnt tell me the whole story. His family has been in the game business and collecting for 25 years so they have some pretty rare and cool stuff!! He said (SEGA) but they very well could have been in a toys are us store at one time!

wlel yes.. its sega property.. its not toys r us property, which is why they cant sell those statues to anyone... becuase when they are not needed anymore , sega comes and takes them away. if toys r us sold them thats MAJOR legal trouble.

and as far as this story, it sounds like the worst case of bs ive ever heard. im sorry, i have freinds who have family who work for nintendo, and the most they get is a free game boy or something..

if you want my personal opinion, i think this guy got these from a toys r us manager who didnt know any better, simple as that. just sounds too fabricated, and there woudl be no way that they would give it away. also, unless the store they got them from went out of business, those shouldnt have been taken back by sega.. they are still in use in stores, have been for about 10-15 years.

sega also i know is VERY picky about things in toys r us besides this. when the dreamcast was going to come out, my manager still didnt have a system for display ... so they went ahead and ordered a japanese system with sonic adventure and put it in the game area for demo purposes to get peopel excited. they got in MAJOR trouble when the sega rep came by and saw it as they didnt want systems in stores for play for a while longer. while he did say there was "red tape" i assure you he woudlnt have been able to "cut" through it.

Edited by AtariJr

I believe ya, i dont know this guy really really well so i am sure there could be some things that arent correct in his story, im just going off what he said when i was there buying some stuff from him and takeing pics, i could have easily told the story a bit wrong. But anyway i just think the things are very cool and thought others might want to see them, ive never seen them before. I bet you guys got other things at TRU that were cool like these huh??

You all make it seem like they guy was trying to get a night in lincolns bedroom. "red tape" and all. They are hugh plastic figures of game animals, not real displays of the declaration of independence. who gives a shit. I say dumpster diving in sega's trash.

bah - I hate all of the bs that most stores have to go through with their display stuff - that's why I love Sears. All of the stuff that Sears has in their stores is theirs (to my knowledge) which is why I was able to acquire one of those Nintendo game cabinets (the cabinets that hold the games for sale). They were closing out their video game section awhile back at my local Sears - I asked the manager what would happen to the case once the games were closed out and he told me that they'd probably just throw it away... unless I wanted it... so a few months later (after leaving my phone number with him) I got a call saying that I needed to come pick it up.

I picked it up and I can't wait to find a place to put it. :)

You all make it seem like they guy was trying to get a night in lincolns bedroom. "red tape" and all. They are hugh plastic figures of game animals, not real displays of the declaration of independence. who gives a shit. I say dumpster diving in sega's trash.

Gee, way to piss on the thread, Decypher! If it was one of those full-sized Master Chief sculptures you'd probably change your tune in a hurry.

JR

Nope not really. Just saying, who gives a shit how he got it. He made it seem like the FBI were going to do a damn raid if someone gave out an old sculpture. I really think SEGA had better things to worry about.

ps.. I think this thread got "pissed" on before I got to it.

Speaking of those Master Chief statues, there are no less than 2 here in the Tulsa area...or there were. Two different GameXchanges here each had one...and...get this...

They were for sale...I think one of them cost about $1200 and the other was a little more beat up looking and was about $800. Either way, I never thought they were that cool looking as they weren't even quite life size. The Statues only stood about 4ft or so total. They were usually placed on a stand or something to bring the Chief more in height to the customers. Or perhaps Master Chief really is justa short mean mother...

I've seen those at several stores (toys R us, and several Video game stores) And they're Awesome. I know a friend that had a Mario one, I don't know what he gave for it, but he sold it when someone lffered something like $5000 for it. I hope he got a good deal, but if it was me, I wouldn't have sold it for anything.

Nope not really. Just saying, who gives a shit how he got it. He made it seem like the FBI were going to do a damn raid if someone gave out an old sculpture. I really think SEGA had better things to worry about.

ps.. I think this thread got "pissed" on before I got to it.

funny, forums are offering opinions and talking about the topics offered. I didnt make sega anal, i didnt make it so that toys r us doesnt own the statues, and i didnt make it so that his friends story sounded like bs. i simply told him that i didnt believe the story, and told him where the statues origainally came from and how you arent supposed to be able to buy them due to legal issues. whether you think that type of legal stuff is important or not, its still chargable for someone to do what he said his friend did, and also chargable to have toys r us sell it to someone, no matter the price. if offering the information i learned while i worked at that place and offering my opinion on a FORUM website is "pissing" on the forum, then maybe we should just be able to post topics and not have anyone reply... that way it would be a news site, leaving our personal insite and opinions out of it.

and yes, the mario statue with the peace sign pose is toys r us' statues as well.

either way, if he decides to sell them *i wouldnt recommend ebay just so no one catches him* he could make a LOT of money on them. Just for Sonic alone someone offered our manager 7 thousand dollars for it. another person offered 2 thousand for mario one time... ironic how no one ever wanted tails...

Edited by AtariJr

I seem to recall seeing something similar way back in the day at Best Buy; they had the big Sonic and Tails statues along with a Mario.

Yep....that is what I was going to say. The Sonic and Tails ones were pretty damn close to the ones in the pictures.

The ones at my BB were on top of the big ass TV (well the TVs that made one big TV) in the video game section. When BB ripped all that out to do the first remodel they sold them for $150-$200 each.

I seem to recall seeing something similar way back in the day at Best Buy; they had the big Sonic and Tails statues along with a Mario.

Yep....that is what I was going to say. The Sonic and Tails ones were pretty damn close to the ones in the pictures.

The ones at my BB were on top of the big ass TV (well the TVs that made one big TV) in the video game section. When BB ripped all that out to do the first remodel they sold them for $150-$200 each.

:eek: Damn, I would have bought every one of those at that price. Now...getting them home (and putting up with the yelling I'd no doubt hear from it) is something else :P