IGNORED

2600 Rom Comparisions and Dumps

Omegamatrix

Tanks War (Home Vision) and Zoo Fun (Suntek). Many thanks to Dino for these rare of rares!

Tanks_War__PAL__Home_Vision.binZoo_Fun__PAL__Suntek.bin

Zoo Fun 100% matches the rom out there, but Tanks War has a lot of work done to it. The origin for the Bit Corp version is $7000 while the Home Vision origin is $1000. It looks like it was reversed engineered to make room for the longer Home Vision logo which is in two places inside the rom. Some shuffling around indeed.

Do you have a Burgertime Shadow? There's supposed to be an alternate version out there. It is also -t26E7

Sometimes it's good to dump carts to see what you have. For example Missile Command has Rob Fulop's intials in it as an Easter egg. Atari took this out later on. You can't tell by looking at the cart. The only way is to play it until the Easter egg is supposed to appear or do a rom dump. I did some comparisions earlier in this thread of different games like Asteriods, Dodge 'em, Superman, Demon Attack, etc.. to see if what rom belongs to what label. That I always find interesting.

The whole Journey Escape case is strange to say the least.

Even the game presented in the video has borders.

I wonder if a non-border ones really exists.

Perhaps it's one of these:

post-6203-1214375771_thumb.jpg

Does anyone here own that one?

If so, can it be checked for borders?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

The whole Journey Escape case is strange to say the least.

Even the game presented in the video has borders.

I wonder if a non-border ones really exists.

Perhaps it's one of these:

post-6203-1214375771_thumb.jpg

Does anyone here own that one?

If so, can it be checked for borders?

8)

I was sort of thinking that myself, especially after seeing that dump of CBS's Blueprint that just got released. It has different solutions for each level as well a different secret word "SAPIENCE". So sometimes sample copies are still WIP. Where did you here of the no borders version, Rom?

I have a few games on that list, but no way to dump them.

Don't know how close you are to Dino, but he's willing to help if he can.

I think we are very close. I will wait to see what he says, seeing he would be doing all the work.

I have a few games on that list, but no way to dump them.

Don't know how close you are to Dino, but he's willing to help if he can.

I think we are very close. I will wait to see what he says, seeing he would be doing all the work.

From memory, Recoil is very close. I've had a look at that list and have some of the games too. I'll dump them first (assuming I can get the dumper to work with XP).

Recoil, I'll PM you in a couple of days.

Here's a dump of my BurgerTime. I should be able to pop the cart open to see if it's got ICs or glop tops inside. EDIT: It's got one IC and three glop tops.

Also, IIRC, my copies of Sword of Saros and Survival Island were made from originals that did not bear the "PAL System" text on the cassettes. I do not know if there are any differences or not. I also don't know if I can post the mp3 files I have made (I don't have .bin of them) due to the fact the Bridgestone has been a pain in the neck with copyrights before.

Burger.bin

Edited by shadow460

Here's a dump of my BurgerTime. I should be able to pop the cart open to see if it's got ICs or glop tops inside. EDIT: It's got one IC and three glop tops.

Also, IIRC, my copies of Sword of Saros and Survival Island were made from originals that did not bear the "PAL System" text on the cassettes. I do not know if there are any differences or not. I also don't know if I can post the mp3 files I have made (I don't have .bin of them) due to the fact the Bridgestone has been a pain in the neck with copyrights before.

Thank you for dumping you Burgertime Shadow! I just checked and it is the same Burgertime as dumped before. Sometimes when you are hunting for an alternative they never are on the cartridges you have. You wouldn't believe how many times I have done this myself. Once again though, I thank you for trying. I think its great you are helping out.

Dunno if anybody gives a rats ass, but just for reference, Burgertime is 12K not 16K. ;)

Absolutely that is important. Is some of the 16K ram Cpuwiz? I am not familiar with the bankswitching style. I would dig deeper but I am in the middle of a huge dump (I'm not sitting on the toilet either, lol).

(I'm not sitting on the toilet either, lol).

I hope you are wearing baggy pants.

Burgertime uses a 2332 and a 2364, which is a 4K chip and a 8K chip. The dumper probably just fills in either the same 4K as the first 4K, or garbage. Haven't looked at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for the following missing alternate ROMs:

Air Battle

(original production run): The Difficulty switches were programmed as A for easy and B for hard (opposite for how they were intended to be used). This was reversed in a new production run. The original cartridges were never supposed to be released. Fearing that some might have been accidentally shipped to stores, though, Mattel Electronics operators were informed of the first version just in case somebody got one and called up, confused. It's unknown if any of the original cartridges were released:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=19390

Bridge

The original version allows you to bid 8 spades, and crashes when you do; later releases fixed this.

BurgerTime

2 versions exist! Later production runs added a choice of difficulty levels using the TV Type switch (B/W = easy, COLOR = hard) and fixed this bug: cheese and eggs are tall enough that they can sometimes catch the chef when walking on the plank below him.

Ghostbusters (PAL)

The PAL version will crash if you try to enter the headquarters building when it’s flashing. A fixed version was later re-released by HES.

Skeet Shoot

The original PAL releases had a bug that caused the screen to roll.

Journey Escape

Two different versions of this game exist. One version has borders on the top and bottom of the screen, and allows you to pause between rounds. The other doesn’t have any screen borders, and will crash if you let it idle for too long.

And of course the missing NTSC Bomb and Home Vision ROMs...

Something else:

Why have these five SECAM ROMs never been dumped in the past 25 years?

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...n_sauver=Search

These are original Activision releases with French text on screen.

I would love to have these added.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter