- Sneak ‘n Peek (Carrere Video)
- Stargunner (Telesys)
- Stronghold (CommaVid)
- Topy (Home Vision)
- Turmoil (20th Century Fox)
- X’Mission (Home Vision)

AFAIK these were never dumped.

The Home Vision ones are originals.

If anyone with a dumper has the chance to .bin these, please let me know.

Would be awesome.

8)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Still need the following third party PAL ROMs:

[...]

- Stargunner (Telesys)

[...]

If anyone has the NTSC version and a dumper, it would be nice to confirm the correctness of this rom too, as investigating a (now fixed) bug in Stella emulator showed that this rom has a wrong reset vector that cause the execution to start in TIA address space. The game still works because apparently it reads a zero there, which is the opcode for the "brk" intruction and the interrupt vector points to the "real" start address of the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has the NTSC version and a dumper, it would be nice to confirm the correctness of this rom too, as investigating a (now fixed) bug in Stella emulator showed that this rom has a wrong reset vector that cause the execution to start in TIA address space. The game still works because apparently it reads a zero there, which is the opcode for the "brk" intruction and the interrupt vector points to the "real" start address of the game.

STARGUNR.BIN

Newly dumped Stargunner (NTSC), thanks to Bfstats.

But I think it's identical to the one already dumped.

Could you verify any differences?

8)

• Like 3

Thanks!
Indeed, it matches the known dump.

Having the reset vector zeroed like that is quite odd so I think it was worth checking.

The game still works "by chance", because of the way the undriven bits of the data bus behaves in the vast majority of the 2600 consoles when a read from a write-only location happens. It might fail on real hardware in rare occasions, though.
There are quite a lot of original games (and homebrews too) that have this sort of bug (reading from a write only TIA register), but the way it is triggered in this game is quite different than the other known cases.

Thanks to Bfstats for taking the time to dump it. It's very appreciated.icon_thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Gentlemen, I appreciate your appreciation but it's important for me to publicly acknowledge help I received with this. My standard command line for dumping when using Eckhard Stolberg's software is...

7800ctrl -tTEST STARGUNR.BIN

Even though the other Telesys titles dump fine using this command, Stargunner generated the "unrecognized cartridge type" error.

Omegamatrix advised me to substitute -t264K in order to force the dump using a known format, and what you see is the result. I'm just a grunt; HE'S the brains.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see if the PAL version of Stargunner also has the same fault.

I looked at the listed programmer, Alex Leavens. Several of his games also have other programmers listed, and those roms seem okay for the reset vector. Where it it gets interesting is the Bouncin' Baby Bunnies proto (also a Telesys game). He is the only listed programmer, and yep same fault of $0000 at the reset vector.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Still need the following third party PAL ROMs:

- Coco Nuts (Telesys)

- Plate Mania (Home Vision)
- Stargunner (Telesys)
- Stronghold (CommaVid)
- Topy (Home Vision)
- Treasure Discovery (Home Vision)

AFAIK these were never dumped (the Home Vision ones are true originals).

If anyone with a dumper has the chance to .bin these, please let us know!

Would be awesome.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 4 weeks later...

That's too bad. It's not too rare of a cart though so someone should have one. I took a look on eBay and I saw PAL Pete Rose Baseball, Robot Tank, Stargunner, Airlock, and Commando Raid all on there. The problem is they are all too expensive for me to justify buying just to dump. I'm hoping some people got some donors with crappy labels that they don't care about, or someone has them and a dumper.

Pete Rose would have been dumped by now, but it is problematic with a 7800 dumper. I think I can do it with my Harmony dumper though.

Hey there, I just dumped that Rom DUMP Pete Rose Baseball the official PAL version from my end.

I've also e-mailed it obver to Rom Hunter to add to his site. But will attached the file here for you guys to play on the Stella Emulator. :-)

Enjoy,

Josh

Pete Rose Baseball (1988) (Absolute) (H.E.S.) (PAL).bin

• Like 4

Hey there, I just dumped that Rom DUMP Pete Rose Baseball the official PAL version from my end.

I've also e-mailed it obver to Rom Hunter to add to his site. But will attached the file here for you guys to play on the Stella Emulator. :-)

Enjoy,

Josh

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

How about PAL versions of SpaceMaster X-7

Been Googling as well as digging deep on the internet.

I don't think SpaceMaster X-7 ever was released in PAL version? :? I know there is a few listings on eBay which is a NTSC version by 20th Century Fox Interactive for the 2600. But nothing in PAL version.

I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone on here may come forward and let all of us know if they do.

Pete Rose (PAL) from HES / Absolute Entertainment is now added to the database and the V15 collection.
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-pete-rose-baseball_15642.html

We Still need the following third party PAL ROMs (the red ones are PAL originals, not conversions):

- Coco Nuts (Telesys)

- Plate Mania (Home Vision)
- Stargunner (Telesys)
- Stronghold (CommaVid)
- Topy (Home Vision)
- Treasure Discovery (Home Vision)

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...