IGNORED

2600 Rom Comparisions and Dumps

Omegamatrix

I would like to contribute by uploading my Rambo console dumps. I also uploaded it to another thread, but I think the is the right place to be.

Both of files are the collections of 128 games of 4 kB size. They can be easily splitted into individual files. The collections are almost identical, except a few diffetent games.

I bought these consoles just for dumping them to get identical copy of my childhood games. Here you are.

VGS.128 VCC.128

• Like 4

On 2/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, Wizzard said:

I would like to contribute by uploading my Rambo console dumps. I also uploaded it to another thread, but I think the is the right place to be.

Both of files are the collections of 128 games of 4 kB size. They can be easily splitted into individual files. The collections are almost identical, except a few diffetent games.

I bought these consoles just for dumping them to get identical copy of my childhood games. Here you are.

VGS.128 512 kB · 11 downloads VCC.128 512 kB · 10 downloads

Thanks for doing this! Just curious: what was your process for dumping the games?

18 hours ago, Ballblaɀer said:

Thanks for doing this! Just curious: what was your process for dumping the games?

It was not easy for me, but I found one guy in my city (Bratislava, Slovakia) with the right knowledge and equipment which helped me with that. He desoldered both EPROM chips, dumped them in some Villem EPROM programmer and soldered them back, I even did not notice that it was desoldered!

Anyway, none of these consoles is fully working, but the most important is that the EPROM chips were working.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Where is the games list?

Anyway, I have another question.I found some games in ROM Hunter collection that are not playable on my system (in Stella):

Ms. Pac-Man (09-20-1983) (Atari - GCC, Mark Ackerman, Glenn Parker) (CX2675) (Prototype).bin

also games like this:

Escape from the Mindmaster (Labyrinth) (2 of 4) (1982) (Starpath Corporation, Dennis Caswell) (5) (AR-4200) (PAL).bin

It just shows the blank screen,

Is anyone able to play it somewhere? Maybe even on real hardware? Thanks!

Edited by Wizzard

1 hour ago, Wizzard said:

I see, now I understand. So I may delete all of those "1 of 3" etc. files.

Yes, the separate roms are only useful for some older flashcarts. The exception is "Party Mix": that's not a multiload game, but actually three separate games. So, only for that one, keep the separate files and delete the combined rom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The problem is, that each bank contains the 1st 2K repeated as the 2nd 2K. 50% are missing.

But the good news is, that the existing two 2K banks are 100% identical with the NTSC release version. So this is no prototype ROM and nothing got lost. :) 

This is what Matt has found out:
http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/mspacman/mspacproto.htm

So, it's not really worth keeping in the collection?

8)

Guys, thank you for dealing with that. I wonder that maybe nobody before noticed that.

Btw, if you have time, can someone please also check that Elf Adventure ROMs? It seems that it does not run even on Atarimania Javatari here: http://javatari.org/?PAGE_BACK_CSS=rgb(188,179,143)&ROM=http://www.atarimania.com/2600/dumps/elf_adventure.zip

I was also comparing

"32 in 1 Game Cartridge (1988) (Atari) (CX26163P) (PAL).bin"

and

"32 in 1 Game ROM (1988) (Atari) (Prototype) (PAL).bin"

and they are binary identical.

Edited by Wizzard

I just found the ROM Audit function in Stella. It changed the number of ROMs from 1996 to 1872. It seems that it detects the duplicates and deletes them, but I am not sure. I can confirm it deletes one duplicated 32 in 1 cartridge. Have anybody tried it and know how it works? I read that it should read the game properties from database but I am not sure how it handles duplicates, if it also compares the files binary or just reads the properties in games.