Omegamatrix

2600 Rom Comparisions and Dumps

It looks at the binary signature (md5sum), and compares it to the md5sum in the internal database.  If two ROMs have the same md5sum, then both will be named the same thing according to the internal properties.  Of course, if you attempt to name two different files with the same name, one will be overwritten (aka, deleted).  So at the end of the process, it is indeed possible that there are some ROMs deleted.

If Stella sees a ROM that isn't in the database, it doesn't touch it at all.  So the only ROMs that are renamed (or removed) are ones that exist in the database.

It happened to me that I had the binary identical files with different names and they were not merged into one. Just after I selected them in Stella and saw their metadata, after next Audit they were merged. Maybe some bug in Stella 6.0.2 for Linux?

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 4:50 PM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Its a bad dump, why should one keep it?

Removed.

Thanks!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

I am also curious why HC ROMS\BY ALPHABET directory also contains PAL games where we have BY ALPHABET (PAL) directory. Sorry if it was answered before.

On 5/26/2020 at 9:29 AM, Wizzard said:

I am also curious why HC ROMS\BY ALPHABET directory also contains PAL games where we have BY ALPHABET (PAL) directory. Sorry if it was answered before.

Because the BY ALPHABET folder in the HC ROMS map contains all the original (first) releases and some of them were PAL.

8)

• Like 1