IGNORED

Tron Arcade - Beta version.

jbs30000

I like what you've got so far! It's about time there was a proper TRON Arcade game ported to SOME system! (I know it's in the GBA Tron 2.0 game, but it's a hidden game.)

Well, it'll be about as proper as I can do :ponder:, but I will release the code when I release the finished program so that others can work with it to make it even more closer to the origional.

I'm 75% complete now. Except for some minor finishing touches I've completed 3 out of the 4 games.

There's the MPC cone game where the cone decends and there's some sound effects, unlike the first release where I raised the player instead and had no sound effects. The player sprite is also better. Also, for each level of difficulty (3 total) the cone drops at faster speeds.

The tank game is done. It's pretty much the same, except that the sprites are slightly better, there's sound effects, and for each level of difficulty an enemy tank is added (level 1, 1 tank, level 3, 3 tanks).

I just completed the light cycle game. I need to work a little more on what happens when you win or lose the game, and I need to add sound effects, but other than that I'm pretty much done. There's a bug where if an enemy light cycle is going upwards, and it's in the upper left hand corner, two spaces away from crashing, it'll crash anyway (hard to explain, but you'll see). I'm not sure if I'll be able to fix that or not. Also, when an enemy cycle crashes, all light traces vanish, not just its own. This isn't a bug, it's just that I don't know how I'd be able to only erase the crashed cycle's light wall given the limited amount of memory to work with.

All I need to do now is finish the grid spiders game. This will be the most difficult, because I'll either need to try and duplicate player1 9 times or player0 4 times and player1 6 times (3 digits for the counter, 3 spiders on the left, 3 on the right, plus the player) or else use playfield blocks as spiders, or.... Well, anyway, I've got my work cut out for me.

Also, this week I've started Spring term in college full time, so I have less time to work on this, but I'll try to be as quick as possible. I'm really hoping my first attempt at an Atari game turns out to be a good one.

Also, this week I've started Spring term in college full time, so I have less time to work on this, but I'll try to be as quick as possible. I'm really hoping my first attempt at an Atari game turns out to be a good one.

Your first Atari game may the most ambitious and advanced BatariBasic game yet! Great stuff!!!

If you need help with music (if you can fit it in), let me know...

Thanks,

Mike

Your first Atari game may the most ambitious and advanced BatariBasic game yet! Great stuff!!!

If you need help with music (if you can fit it in), let me know...

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks. The sounds that would be needed to make it be like the arcade are here Jerry's Sounds Page, but I'm thinking most of them are too complicated for the 2600.

• 10 years later...

I found this while looking for a Tron arcade conversion for the Atari 2600. Has there been anymore work on this? I've played the demo and it looks great! If some sounds were added and a little more to touch up, this would make a nice addition to the homebrew lineup. Can anyone tell me the status of this project?

• Like 1