IGNORED

laserman'88 is now here

Dan Iacovelli

I was unable to play the latest bin posted here. I mean, I tried, but couldn't get anywhere with it. So, on my 24k (max) dialup, I downloaded the youtube video to check it out and see what I was doing wrong. That video is about how I played. I would definitely suggest doing something to make the game easier.

Update: After previously being able to only score about 100 pts, I just scored 1,160 pts. (I wanted to try one more time before I posted a complaint about the difficulty). Once I get to about 50 pts, the playfield gets smaller, but after that it stayed the same until I died at 1,160. When do you get to another level?

the updated version isn't up yet, still working on it

the new bin will be released this week.

the plan was to add some music to the title screen,but with upgrade to win 7 then the three storms (especially the last major one on weds, that knocked my power out)

I figured to drop it.

maybe next year I re-release it with music in the title.

the new bin will be released on sunday around 11am(or noon) depending what time I get off work.

update: the bin will be posted on sunday about 12:30pm CT(I get off work at 12 so I want to make sure that I will have the bugs out of both versions(cart

and public released bin version)

the new bin will be released on sunday around 11am(or noon) depending what time I get off work.

update: the bin will be posted on sunday about 12:30pm CT(I get off work at 12 so I want to make sure that I will have the bugs out of both versions(cart

and public released bin version)

New bin now posted here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/103808-laserman88-is-now-here/page__view__findpost__p__1871283

Have Fun

Most games I've played where you can shoot, your shots actually destroy something. I can shoot at these missiles all day and they won't disappear. (Well, one will disappear once in a while if it's almost touching your ship when you shoot it.) You might as well take the ability to shoot away and call the game Missile Rain.

Edited by Random Terrain

Most games I've played where you can shoot, your shots actually destroy something. I can shoot at these missiles all day and they won't disappear. (Well, one will disappear once in a while if it's almost touching your ship when you shoot it.) You might as well take the ability to shoot away and call the game Missile Rain.

well they do disappear, they disappear then they reset to to the position when they first start. before you shoot at and it doesn't disappear and you get extra points.

I can always change it back to that you have rember this being with multisprites and instead of checking collisions with each it check it with one then checks if the missile position

is equal to the sprite. before it checked if it was less then sprite and that gave extra points.

again let me say this game is using a multisprite kernal which means it's coping 1 sprite 3 times

so the collision commnad is only check the missile and the original sprite first then it check the missile

location against the sprite location ie if missle0y=a then will it go register a hit (a being the y location the first bomb b the y location second bomb c being y location third)

unlike the ti where you can define each sprite this is more different.

I do manage get scores when I play on stella and z26

before it was like this:

if missile0y < a then hit1 and that will actually give you multiper hits on the bomb.

also each bomb starts at different location so hitting one at hit first drop will reset it back to it original location

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

again let me say this game is using a multisprite kernal which means it's coping 1 sprite 3 times

so the collision commnad is only check the missile and the original sprite first then it check the missile

location against the sprite location ie if missle0y=a then will it go register a hit (a being the y location the first bomb b the y location second bomb c being y location third)

before it was like this:

if missile0y < a then hit1 and that will actually give you multiper hits on the bomb.

also each bomb starts at different location so hitting one at hit first drop will reset it back to it original location

I don't really understand what you're trying to say there, but whatever it is, shooting a bomb should make it disappear if you want the game to be similar to other games that have cause and effect when it comes to shooting and destroying what you hit. It's harder to do using the Multisprite Kernel, but it is doable:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/105403-multisprite-guidance/page__view__findpost__p__1277706

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/107618-multisprite-collision-problems/page__view__findpost__p__1302989

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/114486-are-there-any-new-bb-tips-and-tricks-i-need-to-know/page__view__findpost__p__1383936

before it was like this:

I don't really understand what you're trying to say there, but whatever it is, shooting a bomb should make it disappear if you want the game to be similar to other games that have cause and effect when it comes to shooting and destroying what you hit. It's harder to do using the Multisprite Kernel, but it is doable:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/105403-multisprite-guidance/page__view__findpost__p__1277706

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/107618-multisprite-collision-problems/page__view__findpost__p__1302989

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/114486-are-there-any-new-bb-tips-and-tricks-i-need-to-know/page__view__findpost__p__1383936

you had to do it didn't ya, made post my whole code

(at least it's only for the bin release not the cart.(any help with code will appreciated)

laserman\'88.bas

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

I figured out the problem already: will post the new bin tomorrow

what it was that the bomb was resetting twice when it's hit so it would disappear after it's hit.

so what I did set it to 0 when it's hit and it works.

fixed bin is now posted here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/103808-laserman88-is-now-here/page__view__findpost__p__1871283

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

I wanted to let you know that my version is almost done. I'm just checking a few things before I post it.

have you tried the new version I posted yet. when you hit a bomb they dissapear and then returns to the their starting position

I just tried it and the collision detection isn't working for all of the bombs at all times. I hope to post my version within an hour. Collision detection seems to work without problems, and I adjusted a few other things like ending screens waiting for 2 seconds before letting the player continue.

Edited by Random Terrain

I wanted to let you know that my version is almost done. I'm just checking a few things before I post it.

have you tried the new version I posted yet. when you hit a bomb they dissapear and then returns to the their starting position

I just tried it and the collision detection isn't working for all of the bombs at all times. I hope to post my version within an hour. Collision detection seems to work without problems, and I adjusted a few other things like ending screens waiting for 2 seconds before letting the player continue.

works for me misses a few times but works.

and you might gets some credit but the program and audiovisual is all AVC Online

you are sucha critic :lol:

OK, here's my first version:

The .bin file to use with Stella:

laserman_2010y_07m_06d_2254.bin

The code:

laserman_2010y_07m_06d_2254.bas

As you can see, I did more than fix the collision detection. Of course, you can change things to your liking, but these are some of the changes I did for the fun of it:

• The screen is filled in to hide the bombs.
    _
  • The blue bomb on the right is worth 20 points instead of 10 to encourage the player to get out there.
    _
  • It takes a little over a second before the ship can fire again (it's way too easy without putting a limit on it now that collision detection is working properly).
    _
  • The end screens now have the recommended 2 second wait.

plays good,

a couple things though:

1) all bombs have to be 10pts thats the way I had on the ti version

2) making most of the playfield yellow is good, but I'm trying to make sort of like tempest.

I'll make a few adjustments for the collisions in my game

game updated at: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/103808-laserman88-is-now-here/page__view__findpost__p__1871283

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

please notice the post above that mentions the final bin release of Laserman'88 is posted(I noticed no one is d/l it)

If you edit a post, we won't know that you posted anything.

You might want to put CTRLPF = $05 in the Setup/Restart area like I had in my edited version. And the a=81 : count_a = (rand&63) type of stuff should have taken care of the random bomb delay. Don't know why you have them appearing so high up on the screen.

please notice the post above that mentions the final bin release of Laserman'88 is posted(I noticed no one is d/l it)

If you edit a post, we won't know that you posted anything.

You might want to put CTRLPF = $05 in the Setup/Restart area like I had in my edited version. And the a=81 : count_a = (rand&63) type of stuff should have taken care of the random bomb delay. Don't know why you have them appearing so high up on the screen.

the ctrtlpf=$05 is good(added) I added your rand statement too but kept the 0 for a.b.c.

the reason why they are starting at the top because if you read the description: the kyrzon ship is cloaked and you can only see their bombs dropping(at least in the bin version the cart version

which has the bonus level(has slightly different screens and it works out good where the bombs are dropping)

and the playfield is blue to resemble the ocean the yellow triangle is the Bermuda triangle(where the alien base is at) it gets smaller when get to close to base.

it's now posted same subject as usual.

(btw:I just used normal letters not labels (count_a....) too confusing with labels.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 2 years later...

been thinking of revamping this game for release (prob next year, don't count on cartridge run,it will be basiacly rom (though you can always have al do custom cart if you like)

some changes come to mind: more levels instead of ending the game when you reach the end have it continue

maybe improve on the playfield.

(I was planning on doing a box art contest and mini poster contest this year,to celebrate laserman 2k3's anniversary (june 30th,2003 was the inital day of the release)

but being that its really too short of time to have it done now since I wanted it done by july 13th for VGS,decided to postpone until after VGS)

anyways,if you have any ideas for the revamp of laserman'88 let me know, I prob start work on it around august