IGNORED

Gorf Classic CD Release Now official.

Gorf

Hey folks,

Im reposting this as a sepereate topic in case anyone missed it in

the other thread.

Well, its official. Scott and Terance have agreed and Gorf Classic

will be released on CD for now but I will talk to Scott to see the

kind of trouble a cart would be and see if it is worth it or not.

When and where I do not know yet but we are talking at least a

month from now befor I even take orders. I am doing this by

myself mostly so Scott and Terance can concentrate on the

contract work 3DSSS has right now. I dont want to take them

away from that as that is obligatory. There are a few folks I can

ask for help though. As soon as I have a realistic time line, I'll

let everyone know.

FROG

I have bought a copy of the original release of Gorf, but plenty of people on my forum don't own the game.

I know you want make money for a good cause, but please consider this point of view : selling the game cheaper will make you sell more.

It is a really good game going for a really good cause. It's the only way this game can come out is for proceeds to go to charity. They'll just have to save a little more.

Not to mention the idea is to raise money. This game is for sale to support CF, not to supply a cheap game. Let's try to be selfless here.

That's not a selfless story, I just know that many guys considered the first price too expensive (it's not my my case, I bought the game at full price).

If you sell 100 games at $30, you could easily sell 150 games at $20 and get the same amount of money for your cause, not to mention that more people will play the game. That was just the idea.

Not to mention the idea is to raise money. This game is for sale to support CF, not to supply a cheap game. Let's try to be selfless here.

That's not a selfless story, I just know that many guys considered the first price too expensive (it's not my my case, I bought the game at full price).

If you sell 100 games at $30, you could easily sell 150 games at $20 and get the same amount of money for your cause, not to mention that more people will play the game. That was just the idea.

Except that there is only a finite number of people buying jaguar games, and numbers sold will not scale exactly with price.

Seriously Pocket, quit it. This is a good cause and a fair price.

Edited by Atari_Owl

Except that there is only a finite number of people buying jaguar games, and numbers sold will not scale exactly with price.

The price I give is just an example to get the idea. Has the price of this new release announced somewhere ?

Edited by Pocket

The price I give is just an example to get the idea. Has the price of this new release announced somewhere ?

Not officially, but an indication was given in the previous Gorf thread.

No matter the price on a Gorf release, it is worth it. It is going for a great cause. So what if you pay a certain high price. Helping out a greater good is worth it(unlike paying a high price for Battlesphere). Point in case-- the ridiculous rates of Battlesphere. I'll admit, I never played it(would like to but hey if I don't I can easily get on with life). When it recently went on bid, I actually was stupid and put a bid at $400( I'm not rich but I could have bid alot higher) but afterwards I was hoping someone would outbid me for that ridiculous price. Thankfully, I was outbid and I am glad to say I am not someone to pay $455 for a game that can be outdone on anything today for $50). So please release Gorf in whatever form, I will pay the charge in whatever form it comes out- it is for a great cause. And frankly if anyone rips me for my Battlesphere comments- Frankly, I don't care.