IGNORED

Intellivision II power supply

On 9/8/2015 at 12:40 AM, CatPix said:

The odd, 16.7V measurement on the Intelli II might be due to the fact that they measured it with no load. Heavy copper transformers output more voltage with no load. For example, a standard Atari 2600 power supply can be measured up to 13V with no load. The voltage drop to 8/9/10V when the console is powered on and draw current.

Necro posting due to the topic was brought up on the AtariAge Facebook group and I linked to this thread.

I thought about another theory: What if Mattel printed the peak value instead of the RMS value? 12V AC RMS * sqrt(2) = 16.97V peak. It could explain why a 9V AC or 9V DC power supply is good enough since it is only a few volts below 12. Someone who owns a Intellivision II with original power supply should measure it to see if the multimeter reads out 16.7V AC or a lower figure without load.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Quadruple necrobump! How's that?

I just got a Inty II that I'm refurbishing to resell, changed the pico fuse and now the power supply is flaky. I need to replace tip of the power supply (on the cord) since it's internally broken and I have to mess with it to get it to work. Anyone know what size the plug is? I want to order a new one and solder it on the cord but need the right size. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by vintagegamecrazy

15 hours ago, vintagegamecrazy said:

I just got a Inty II that I'm refurbishing to resell, changed the pico fuse and now the power supply is flaky. I need to replace tip of the power supply (on the cord) since it's internally broken and I have to mess with it to get it to work. Anyone know what size the plug is? I want to order a new one and solder it on the cord but need the right size. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Plug with pigtail:
https://console5.com/store/dc-pigtail-plug-cord-for-atari-5200-intv-ii-tg16-cd-dock-twin-famicom-dc.html

Plug only:

https://console5.com/store/turbografx-16-cdrom-dock-power-connector.html

I just got a Inty II that I'm refurbishing to resell, changed the pico fuse and not the power supply is flaky. I need to replace tip of the power supply (on the cord) since it's internally broken and I have to mess with it to work. Anyone know what size the plug is? I want to order a new one and solder it on the cord but need the right size. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Great! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to order one right away!

• 2 years later...